I got my cover crop from build a soil yesterday. According to their directions, I want 6 grams per square foot, so I weighed out about 20 grams of seed. Then I loosened up the top 1/4" of soil, sprinkled the seed, and lightly watered it in.
I need to be careful with watering the new bed. I got a tiny bit of runoff in my veg chamber. I noticed when I went to water my clones that the top of my T5HO was damp. In theory I won't have to worry about runoff once the microherd are established.
I also have an issue with my ventilation circuit. Either my fan controller broke or came loose. The circuit is supposed to run the fan through the speed controller when the thermostat is off in order to keep negative pressure in the cab. Without negative pressure, smell tends to leak out of the cab. It still comes on when hot, but doesn't run constantly. My small oscillating fan broke last round, that may have contributed to the issues I had in there. I found a new one on Amazon and will order it soon.
I mixed up some perlite and peat for a light mix and transplanted five Blue Dream clones into that. I watered the mother plants in veg with what was left of the Soil Balance Pro (SBP) I had mixed up. They are looking much better since I sprayed them with Spinosad. They will get a follow up spray in a few more days.
The party cup hempys got fed again. They are fully flowering already, autos are fast! The Crystal Candy is just growing the second set of leaves. This weekend I will germinate the other 10 autoflower seeds I have. Once all of the plants are above soil, I will move them all to the PC. It wasn't worth it to run the PC with just a single plant. The Crystal Candy will start getting sprayed with colloidal silver once I see the first pistils and continue until fully formed male pollen sacks form. If the pollen falls freely, I will simply allow him to hang out with all the other girls. The only yield I am looking for from this project is seed.
The Bubba Kush S1 clones are looking very bad. This is the second time they have done this to me. I'm wasting time trying to get them healthy. This was going to be the run to determine if I was going to hang onto this plant, and I think the answer is going to be no. I am either going to toss out the clones and soil and start over, or cut them back hard and hope they make a comeback. New growth is still yellow and they are not drinking much. Ironically, a little sprout popped in one of the pots and doesn't seem to mind the hot soil at all. It is likely an autoflower seed. I threw a few in some pots when I did my seed run to test germination. They show up every now and again.
I was running a perpetual SOG in one side of the workbench for a while and got tired of the work load. I would clone six plants a week. Once new growth was seen, three would get transferred to the SOG and three would be harvested. Watering all those plants by hand was also a lot of work. I was also not in compliance with my plant count when I was running the SOG. When the screens consistently out performed the SOG, I decided to switch both sides to screens.
Now my cycles are not very regular and I miss the more frequent harvests. So, I am thinking about running the whole workbench as one perpetual system. I keep six plants in there, so if I put two in every three weeks, I should be able to consistently produce nine week varieties. Every three weeks six plants of a single variety will be cloned (it usually takes three weeks to get good roots with my micro method). After rooting for three weeks, they will be put into a party cup to veg for another three weeks. After three weeks in the party cups, the two best will be transferred to the pots and screens (the remaining will be gifted or culled). After three weeks of training in the screen, they will be moved to the flowering side. After nine weeks flowering, they will be harvested.