Removing trichomes from trim

Bubble hash or dry sieve

4 Likes

I’m a bbblehash man but I don’t you have enough for a full run.

Edibles are a much stronger experience than kief. But kief is very nice.

Dry sieve is easy but you’ll likely need to buy micron screen. You can get it at art supply for silk screen.

Best of luck.

2 Likes

Dry Sieve is easy and tastes great to me.

You have… Just with a LOT of plant material added.

Depends, but more likely to break up buds. Working with trichomes you want LOW temperatures, putting buds, quarters into a coffee can and shaking will make sticky quarters and smashed buds. That sticky is the trichomes bursting. Frozen material works better, but it warms fast.

I’d save it up till you have enough to either do bubble hash, or dry ice hash runs.

Bubble hash is easy to make you don’t have to spend a lot of money to do it if you get a 2@5 gallon bucket, 5 gallon paint strainer bag from the local paint store or big box store, either an electric drill with a mixing attachment or a wooden spoon with a long handle ,a bunch of ice

Use really cold water and some ice in the bucket mix your plant matter in use your electric drill or a paddle by hand roughly 15 minutes for two sessions pour everything through the 5 gallon paint strainer into a clean bucket .the newly strained water settle for about 20 minutes on the bottom of that bucket you should find your hash strain the water off carefully remove hash let it dry and there you are

Hash on the cheap

Or freezer tincture

You need Everclear alcohol, mason jar thats it. Freeze alcohol and weed clippings separately for about 24 hours add weed clippings to the Everclear in a mason jar enough to cover shake vigorously three minutes strain of all the material into a clean mason jar using coffee filter put the mason jar with the alcohol back in the freezer for about a week afterwards restrain and you have Tincture

11 Likes

What Paps said ^^^

Settle in for a nice long read with this thread and you’ll likely find a solution that suits you and your Dad.

Best Regards,
-Grouchy
PS, Hat Tip to @ReikoX for his encyclopedic contribution!

6 Likes

I thought whip cream only came in cans, or cartons in it’s primordial un-whipped state.

I was always a fan of using a blender. The large surface area of the jar catches lots of kief which can be easily scraped out.

Here’s the traditional way … ejem|nullxnull

5 Likes

I have 5gal. bubble bags and I also have this…

They also come in plastic tubs.

4 Likes

Thanks, all the credit goes to @PSam. That thread is but a fraction of what can be found in his tincture thread on grasscity.

4 Likes

e47fe9bafaf7d8a59149596562ef64ff1dfd85a4.jpeg

IMAG0324

13 Likes

@PhilCuisine that’s looks soooo good! About how much was needed to get a puck (is that what it’s called?) that big? Was that only from trim?

I’m going to look into getting a screen. Maybe I’ll try bubble hash after I harvest my outside plants, gunna end up with a lot of trim. The little amount I have will probably be a good learning experience

I read pantyhose may work. Thoughts? Would it be a fine enough “screen”

(The bottom of bubble bags are screens too)

2 for 1

Just don’t shake too long or do it in a long line so you can make cuts.

I made it work, kinda! I used one of these bags stretched over a Altoids can. It’s far from pure but successful enough for me :hugs:

5 Likes

I have about 6 ounces of trim I’ve had saved since I need to get a new sift screen. I made bubble hash once before that was awesome but it was a couple ounces of flower in it I’ve never made hash with just trim. I don’t really know usual return numbers well. I wasn’t sure if it would maybe hurt that I’ve had it just in a vac seal bag in a cabinet for 1-2 months. Do you think 6 ounces of trim like that is enough to be worth it?

2 Likes

It will make fine hash but next time just put it in the freezer

3 Likes

Ok cool thank you! I wish I used the freezer for my last couple batches of trim. I’ve had them sitting in my cabinet for weeks or a month each time. But now i know :+1:

1 Like

Freeze all trim
Keep water very cold
And plenty of ice

Mix slowly for 15 minutes don’t mix it fast I do 3 runs no more

4 Likes

I did a dry sift thing with a $3 mesh vegetable bag from a dollar store.

8 Likes

Got it, I’ll post some pics on here when I do it. thank you for the tips

2 Likes