Budget dry sift advice?

Hoping to get a cheap set of micron screens to dry sift on, I’ve made bubble hash but this is a new foray for me basically lol

6 Likes

silk printing screen. google the size holes best for dry sift and make your own frame out of it. i think i made mine for like 30 bucks about 10 years ago. just dont lend it out like i did cause now i dont have it … (it worked amazing with dry ice)

7 Likes

I saw a 96/76/120 metal screen kit that looked decent, like grinder screens

PS $40 roughly for the set

that seems reasonable. i just used one screen i cant remember if it was 90 micron or 110. and then press into little pucks with a pollen press. you can also get custom press plates and make little hash bricks

3 Likes

I’m gonna try melting it together a la frenchy cannoli’s press method for bubble

4 Likes

rip to the hash king sounds like a good idea you should make a journal of the progess id like to follow along

2 Likes

Sure thing! I’ll be sure to tag you too :heart:

A friend suggested polyester as it’s easier to clean than silk

4 Likes

Most all “silk screen” like 99.9% is polyester based.

Key point though to be aware of Mesh size is not a direct comparison to Micron size of the holes in the mesh, reason being is Mesh measures how many strands there are per a given measurement without consideration with in reason for thread diameter, where as micron measures the actual gap sizes between the strands.

You can still ball park it though say quality screen vs say cheap aliexpress screen there will be a difference.

And if making your own frames and such, contact cement is what you want for glue as it works very well when stretching out your screen material which btw can change your micron size depending on the tension used.

4 Likes

That does make sense! And I’m looking at some prebuilt Amazon screens

2 Likes

Here’s mine…

user2094_pic850810_1331265072

11 Likes

I’ve made some using a bubble bag:

4 Likes

Cleaning up under the house and found these babies circa 2003. They can vote baby! Lost some other things along the way during my growing break but these made it.

Does the dry sift melt as good? Or just strain and quality dependant rather than collection technique?

3 Likes

I find the bubble to be superior to the dry sift.

The bubble comes together better under pressure. The dry sift isn’t quite as clean.

2 Likes

Get the sex toys out for a diy dry sift vibrator lol

3 Likes

i do ice bubble or screen keif, my brother in law does dry ice and says thats the ticket ,ez

3 Likes

I haven’t used mine in a long time but I plan on using it on my outdoor plants…I hate the bugs that’s all over my outdoor plants when I chop it down.

5 Likes

Since I’m an art guy I just used 120 micron silk screen and a credit card then put the kif in a saran wrap and sticking in my clay extruder. Put the cap pin and turn the handle and then heat it to 150 farenheit smash another quarter turn then take out
I make dimes size pucks of Romulan grapefruit that smell great a few months later

6 Likes

Here you go…

1 Like

@PhilCuisine Are those going to work good?I tried bags and ICE but had not proper container to put the bags inside and the outcome was low yelding.I keep having successo though withmy grinder mesh alone,look.

1 Like

I gotta use 5gal. buckets for the bubble bags bromigo…sift box is worth it too…

1 Like