Retro Gaming for the olds

I’m an old and, with a few exceptions, stick to older games. Anyone else? Figured it would be nice to have a thead for that. I’m either right, or it’ll sink to the bottom of OG and I’ll pretend this never happened.

Working on retrobriting some Japanese Sega Saturn controllers right now. It’s a process to remove the yellowing caused by sun to ABS plastics.

Didnt take a before but the one on the right was more yellowed than the left one before the process.

25 Likes

If you like old games, check out my arcade game thread.

8 Likes

I was, and still am mostly, a console kid growing up then got into emulation and PC gaming a little bit. Never got too much into pinball but do enjoy some arcade stuff via MAME.

Think I played more pinball on the free game that used to come with old Windows than any other kind, real or digital.

I am currently modding and refurbishing Saturns, Dreamcasts, and Gamecubes.

6 Likes

I have owned most consoles over the years. All the arcade games I own or have owned have been rebuilds. My last meme cabinet is in that thread along with many old school handheld and such.

7 Likes

Hehe. I remember bringing a gamegear to commencement and playing it at my HS graduation. Sucker would eat 6 aa batteries in like 30-45 minutes.

4 Likes

I remember wasting tons of batteries on these. A bit before game gear.

28 Likes

I remember the way the batteries used to explode in my GameBoy

4 Likes

That’s why I have these.

8 Likes

Couple of saturn cases with one deyellowed.

5 Likes

I dismantled so many of those being mad the controller failed.

So many memories

So many broken toys

2 Likes

One thing I love about smart design is keying buttons so they cannot get mixed up or put in wrong.

9 Likes

10 Likes

Where do the batteries go?

5 Likes

Up your nose with a rubber hose! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

So eloquently stated.

Sort of in the same vein, I’m off to do some pilating. Also not a 9 volt thing.

1 Like

It’s not one of those 9 volt deals is it?

1 Like

11 Likes

By far my favourite game type card game. Think monopoly teaches the evils of unrestrained capitalism? This is worse. And horrific evil fun

3 Likes

Same here. Also marbles.

:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

Sure you didnt want to go hoop and stick?

2 Likes