Return to growing after almost 20 years..

My Friends! Everybody calms down! No need to get excited. I am here! :blush:

What a year 2023 was for me. With family members sick it did not leave much time to concentrate on my cannabis hobby. My growhouse was neglected, and it got messy real quick.

There were no problems growing this year outside of the bud rot on two Durban poison’s that I grew outside during the summer. I had one issue with spider mites early in the fall grow and the ogranieshield wiped them out like a champ! Did not see them again after spraying them down. Scope checked every week after.

I grew Tropicana cookie, Durban poison, green crack in the spring. DP and Green crack for the summer outdoor grow, and DP and Green crack for the fall. Here is my opinion on each of these strains.

Tropicana cookie – What a unique smell this strain has and after 8 months of curing what an even stranger smell. It tested at 17% THC. Not my favorite strain that I grew but the yield was good for just two plants.

Durban Poison - My favorite strain so far that I have tested, I think. Very tight buds on every plant I grew. Nice smell and it tested at 23.60% THC. Very enjoyable head high. Makes you want to clean your house or something. I would most definitely grow this strain again and I will! The only problem with this strain is that because of tight buds, outside grows will have to battle PM. I grew two outside this summer and both had to be thrown away (1.5pounds) because of bud rot. The indoor grows did great!

Green Crack - It is a “okay” strain. It tasted pretty good, smelled good, and the outside plant I had did very well. No PM! The only thing I have to say neg about the green crack strain is that the inside grows did not produce the same yield. Some of the yield issue I think in the summer and especially the fall grow was that I didn’t let the plants veg as long as I liked because I ran out of time for the year and in order to not be harvesting in Jan (which I ended up growing into) I had no choice to flip them when I did. The Green Crack tested at 19% with little CBD. Not too shabby but if you want higher yield from indoors, I wouldn’t choose this strain. I have sooooooo much of it, that it will be a while before I grow this train again.

Outside

Inside
Spring, Summer, Fall

One off Test
I did do one test this year. I had 3 leftover clones in the beginning of the fall. I hate to throw away clones. I said “What the hell put them in the flowering tent and see what happens.”
They were in red cups. (1) DP (1) GC (1) TC. I used my sunshine mix #4 soil in the cups. I used the normal TPS1 nutes and here were the results.

Hash
Made some hash this year. 55Grams total, but I need to get off my lazy ass and process more though as I have no wear to keep all of this.

Overall, 2023 was a good growing year. I didn’t get to test different strains as much as previous years but because I grew the same strains throughout the year, I was able to get more data on yields and see the difference between outside grow and indoors. I have no complaints…

On to 2024! Yes!
We started by cleaning this dirty, messy growhouse! Doing a little everyday for the past week and it makes it easier to get it all done. Pull out the tents from where they sit. Getting the broom and vacuum action going. Following up with spraying for bugs. Complete wipe down of the tents then spraying the entire tent for bugs. I should have taken a picture of the rags I used because they were nasty and yes I did wipe them down last year. I have just a corner of the growhouse to clean up now where I fill up my octo’s with soil.

I have been back to growing for 2 years now. A lot of things need to be replaced and or things to order.

• I need to replace the floor tray in my tent so one has been ordered.
  • My octobags are old. I clean them every grow but they start to wear out and the older one will build calcium on the outside the bag more so than a new bag. So new bags have been ordered.
  • Another 2.5 gallons of TPS1 nutes.
  • Picked up more Sunshine Mix #4 yesterday.

Yes! I have popped seeds for 2024 and expect them to be octo’s in early March.
Up on deck for this year is

• Sour Diesel
  • Bruce Banner
  • Maui Wowie
  • G13

Exciting selections for me. I am really interested in seeing about the G13. If you don’t know about this strain here is the background.

G13 Strain Origin

G13 is the stuff of legends. According to marijuana folklore, this potent Cannabis was an experimental blend of everything the United States Government could get their hands on in the 1960s. Working in complete secrecy, government researchers tested the boundaries of marijuana’s potential. They created multiple Cannabis plants with various THC content as a way of testing the popular drug.

As the legend goes, samples from the study eventually made it to the public thanks to a rogue government employee. After sneaking some cuttings of the Cannabis plants out of a university laboratory, an expert grower nursed the cuttings, selecting the sample with the best results. Eventually, they produced ‘government 13’.

For years, G13 was only available as a clone. However, the demand for G13 strain seeds never slowed down, until someone eventually bred feminized seeds.

My friends that is all I have! Hoping the 2024 year is as plentiful as 2023. Looking forward to having more time to spend with my hobby and my friends!

GR

12 Likes