RIP Josey Wales [11-18-1953 - 05-06-2020]

First Subcool, now Josey Wales, I don’t want think about what 2020 still has in store for us.

GG Strains has lost a legend this week, and the world has lost an amazing man.

Joesy popped a seed that has contributed to the transformation of the cannabis community in the last decade. Joesy is known for as The Godfather / Co-Creator of “The Original Glue GG4 (fka Gorilla Glue 4)”. Those of us who were fortunate enough to know him personally, professionally, and the privilege to work with Joesy have lost a dear friend and an inspiring mentor. Joesy leaves behind a vision and his spirit will forever be marked in the foundation of GG Strains LLC.

No words can adequately express our sadness at Joesy’s death or our gratitude for the opportunity to work with him, and what he has created. We will honor his memory by dedicating ourselves to continuing the work he loved so much, you will find “his mark” coming over the next few months, and many, many years to come, Joesy and the GG Strains team have been implementing years of work, and his legacy will live on threw certified cultivators of GG Strains, certified collaborations with top breeders, and so much more!
Joesy left behind an amazing wife (Angela) 2 extraordinary children he was so proud of, and a team of Executives at GG Strains.

We are planning a celebration of Joesy’s extraordinary life, but due to the strict guidelines of Covid-19 in Nevada, we are restricted as it relates to large gatherings. An announcement will be made in the upcoming status change of his celebration, and on his behalf, we will post all updates. Joesy wouldn’t want to put his family, friends, and fans at risk.

If you would like to share your thoughts, memories, and condolences in the interim, you can simply email rememberingjoesy@ggstrains.com or reach out to Cat @cat.ggstrains one his long term business partners and his close friend.
In lieu of flowers, a donation to the family or cards can be sent to:
GG Strains
9360 Flamingo Rd #110-212
Las Vegas Nevada 89147

Donations or contributions to the family please make out directly Angela Peabody (a PayPal link come shortly)
For seed auction/donation to raise for his family please email hello@ggstrains.com
Sincerely,
The GG Strains Team!

29 Likes

Damn that sux … condolences to his family and friends… thanks for the Glue JW… travel safe

7 Likes

He created something that will probably still be popular essentially forever, what a legacy to leave behind. He will indirectly be helping people get stoned in perpetuity. Not much of a higher honor among our people.

12 Likes

TIL I learned that the GG4 Josey Wales cut was not named after a Clint Eastwood character.

Rip JW.

5 Likes

Jesus f’n Christ! What is this shit!?! R.I.P. Josey, this bowl is for you and your family. :fire::sob:

5 Likes

Wow…responsible for more sticky trimmers than anyone in History!!! Peaceful Rest, Sir Wales.

1 Like

Yeah i have the GG4BX2 and its definitely the stickiest strain ive ever come across. Its almost impossible to clean the scissors lol and the scissors need a clean after every bud you do :joy::joy:

6 Likes

i have a package of Baked Beans’ Marauder strain taking a dirt nap. This will be my first time growing anything with GG in it.

8 Likes

Godspeed lad thanks for the gift

3 Likes

I was gifted his original cutting GG4 and have it at my buddy’s grow 100+ miles away…I heard it was an elite cutting and I wasn’t growing at the time so I gave it to my grow buddy for safe keeping. I called him yesterday and he said he still has it and will always have it…Gonna to go get a clone in a couple weeks…

8 Likes

That’s awesome @PhilCuisine I’ve always heard his cut was amazing, I’m sure you will love it. Can’t wait to try it my self one day.

4 Likes

That’s awesome, I’d love to follow along with your grow!