Rob’s on going grow journal

This PH reading is the city water from my tap, also has a ppm reading of 38.

And this reading is the well water i take home from work, PH actually looks abit lower and the ppm reading was slightly higher at 41, unfortunately I am not equipped to test any more than that.

2 Likes

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction? Alot is visible in the pictures but some of the leaves are almost glossy and feel almost plastic and others feel dry but i don’t think its lack of water.

2 Likes

From what I can see I’d suspect nitrogen toxicity:

• very dark green leaves
  • tips browning

Are you in soil?

Cheers
G

1 Like

Yes i am in soil.

These were watered with your well water?

G

1 Like

Yes they were.

Ther’s two things in play here.

First, that soil is too hot. Maybe too much quick release N, maybe not cooked in.
That one you are stuck with at the moment - ride it out.

The next problem is that well water locked (or really throttled) the following:
(Phos) , (Ca), (Mg).
What to do:
switch over to your city water and calmag the daylights out of the fist watering. Light intermittent remedial doses as you think fit later.

(edit) add a phosphorus source (as a top dressing?) in early flower.

G

4 Likes

@Gpaw thank you so much i been reading and couldn’t come anywhere close to figuring it out it’s very much appreciated! They are in early flower now i am going to do like you said with the cal mag and switching water. Cal mag was something that wasn’t part of my nutrients and i was at the grow shop this morning and decided to pick this up… read alot of good reviews on it and figured it wouldn’t hurt to have some, I didn’t think i would need it this soon!

6 Likes

Starting to wonder if this isn’t light burn…

10 Likes

I think it’s just fade. They are coming along, looking very frosty.
How are the trichomes looking? Any cloudy? How much longer do you expect the flower period to go?
My guess would be about 2 weeks.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

I haven’t really looked closely at the tricomes, i will have a good look this evening when the lights come on. Not sure for time the buds still have to fill in and thicken up some more… April 27th was when i changed the lights to 12/12.

You are on cruse control to the finish line… :call_me_hand: :sunglasses:
You still have lots of lower leaves left - so ‘plenty of gas in the tank’

Cheers
G

2 Likes

I am hoping so! Once they are done I’m gonna get number 2 grow going, thinking about ordering some seeds but we’ll see when the time comes. Might have to be a bag seed grow again but this time i am using better soil, been thinking about a soil/coco coir mix.

2 Likes

Be sure to surf through Seed Runs Co-op (under Breeder’s lab) once in a while, you might find some magic beans that ‘strike your fancy’.

…I missed that corner of OG for a few months, silly me! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

I had a friend that activated notifications from that category, never missed one … frech|nullxnull

4 Likes

Ha!! :clap: :nerd_face: :call_me_hand: Found it!

That little ‘cow bell’ thingy in the top right corner.

Thanx @George you are Solid Stoner Bro!! :+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

I dunno if that’s worth me checking cause i don’t have good seeds worth trading.

2 Likes

@rob0781 they sure look much better now. I started flower may 1st so we may be harvest buddies. Lol

1 Like

It is not a question of trading but preserving strains. Have a look, as you are an active member you can participate, overgrow the world … Pirata|nullxnull

4 Likes

Let me explain how a little of the stoner philosophy is expressed on this forum. Stoners tend to work on a pay forward “philosophy”. So, grab a tray and take a stroll through the communal kitchen of the Over Grow commune. Standard etiquette, (like grandma tried to teach you), express it your way. :kissing_heart:
Sample the wares, enjoy the journey, you will make new friends :call_me_hand:

Cheers
G

6 Likes