Mychorriza innoculent, questions

Excuse my ignorance but I have a question about mychorriza innoculents. I haven’t ever used them.

From what I understand . This helps plants intake water and nutrients. So can I just put this in my bin I keep mixed soil in and let it grow the microbes or whatever overtime while the soil is setting . Is this how it even works or what ? Trying to decide what is the best way for me to use it . Id like to increase the microbes in the soil and let them multiply in the unused soil while its setting if I can and if this is how it works . Someone with mire experience with using mychorriza innoculents please chime in here .

Can I put worms in the same soil also ?

4 Likes

A little broader than you’re asking about but good information.

3 Likes

From what I understand it works best if you dust your seeds with the innoculent and mix it in with the soil.

Worms in the same soil is great, the innoculent will just pass through them and will grow even better.

It’s best to always have something growing so consider covercrops like vetch, clover, etc. they help provide nitrogen if you chop & drop them once they start blooming. Can be sown at the same time as your cannabis.

2 Likes

Thanks for the input , now I’ll check these videos out real quick like

I used some powder I got on amazon
mix into soil with seedlings, make sure taproot gets contact with the inoculant
it works, even better in hydro
used a product called Orca, impressive results would recommend :+1:

2 Likes

A cannabis specific one I’ve been using developed in Israel over 25 years is DynoMyco. Perfect to mix into organic type soils to let them ‘cook’ while they go to work preparing food for your plants. Also to inoculate seed sprouts, clones and plants during repotting.

I’ve just begun a year or so ago swinging toward the more organic side and still using some hydro nutes with it and this stuff is supposed to be fine with that as it says right on the package. My plants seem to like it fine and for the mileage I get out of a pack it doesn’t seem expensive to me.

:peace:

3 Likes

@Donnie

Watch the video

https://www.dynomyco.com/collections/all-products/products/dynomyco-mini-pouch-3-5-oz

They know their stuff and I’d highly recommend their products for Cannabis.

I’ve been using Dynomyco C for a few years and it works perfectly fine for Cannabis :wink:

6 Likes

Heya @Donnie

of what i learned on experimental horticultural station

inoculation of myccorhizae is more efficient before the seedling when you prepare your soil

efficiency of microbiot increases from year to year when you feed your soil beyond clean (no chem nutes)

we have seen good result after 3, 4 years of inoculation

yield increase

less water

less devastating and pest

myccorhizae is naturally present in our soil when there is no external pollution

also there is different family of plant who don’t need myco. like fabacea and resinous trees

fabacea has got their own system of nutrition: Rhizobium

i have experimented a ton of myco.

but the best I have found is in natural environment like composted cow manure or wood decomposition…

if you don’t have myco there is alternative solution like make a cover crop with fabacea and symphitum off.

it will feed your plant naturally with N,P,K and other rare minerals present in soil

4 Likes

all plants of the fabacea family
from 40 days synthesizes atmospheric nitrogen from nodules located on the roots called rizobium in to make it assimilable in the soil

2 Likes

That’s right man, when you pull out a fabacea, the more nodules in the roots, the better the soil quality.
I’ve already planted beans by inoculating rhizobia, you speed up their infestation, and gain a few years in soil recovery.
A Brazilian company, EMBRAPA, launched a mycorrhiza that fixes phosphorus a few years ago.

2 Likes

@Gugumelo
myccorhizae that fixed Phosphorus
interresting thing
I will check Embrapa
Peace

1 Like

I had already commented on another discussion… Take a look…

2 Likes

@Donnie As I understand it, mycorrhizae is first and foremost a fungus that infects the roots of a plant. I use the word “infect” here with a positive connotation and although it does infect the roots it’s more true to say that it actually forms a beneficial relationship with the roots. Fungal hyphae bond and connect to the roots and grow like a series of tunnels thereby extending the rooting network and efficiency to gather nutrients. It then trades food it gathers from within the soil network with the plant exudates. These fungal colonies and their benefits can take 90 days or more to establish and is often better used in a no till environment where the soil is left undisturbed. The longer the fungal networks are left within the soil the better. I still use inoculants though for any of my plants, even the small pots I till at the end of a run just bc I feel better about using them haha.

4 Likes

Hi guys!!

@Donnie,is better to not use the inoculant in the soil mix or in the compost bin, because the spores will germinate as soon the environment gets high in humidity, so u gonna loose some inoculant efficiency. You gonna do better if you use the inoculant right on the roots of the plants, even the inicial roots, but remember, the fungi will take some days (consider an average of 30 days) to form the mycorrhizae with the roots. For “cooking” soils i recommend EM and IMO.

3 Likes

so I switched to organic this year and have been doing a ton of research into many areas and topics from what I’ve read these really need to be added to plants ar the root zone like when you transplant or up pot or as you plant if you dont intend to do any transplanting as they live or have a relationship with the root zone I was trying to see if you could use them in compost like you would beneficial microbes to inoculate compost to make fungal compost meaning they need the plant to live and thrive so just sprinkle some in the hole when your transplanting
edit sorry like @Vertebrata said lol and excuse my crappy typing have a great day folks
Bliss

3 Likes

Hey buddy @cannabliss don’t need to be sorry, every information is valid here!! What inoculant are u using? :+1:t2::grinning:

4 Likes

microbial I’ve used a few I’m using recharge right now but I started messing with collecting indigenous microbes IBM and LABS from the KNF and JADAM books very cool still to early to see how its working I’ve used a bunch of different mycos right now I think its Mykos brand they sent me they all are pretty similar I’d say

1 Like

Another point to know is: Arbuscular Mycorrhizae is the type of myco that works eith cannabis and most of the plants in our gardens. The Arbuscular Myco Fungi needs living roots to complete their life cycle but don’t need the roots to germinate. So when you mix the inoculant in a soil and let “cook” some of the spores will germinate, and die, because the lack of roots.

And the Arbuscular Fungi don’t form any macro structure, so don’t waste your time searching them in the soil :joy:

2 Likes

Works best for me when i rub the dry powder on roots with my hands then water, i use mikro-myco and hands down this has been the best thing i have ever done for my plants, for i am a new grower as well, welli been growimg a year now lol

2 Likes

Check this out :

This is the thread:

its still valid, i just got my box in and it cost me $8 for the shipping and handling

3 Likes