Weird hydro question

Running “sterile” right now in dwc things going decent, res temps are perfect(thanks LED) so I’m considering switching from sterile to hydroguard/Gff. I also have some recharge, I know it’s not something you just throw in a res but was wondering if I could just lift the plants and spray the roots like once a week or something because fulvic + microbes = terpenes

5 Likes

Isn’t recharge just watery piss with sugar added ?

I ran both sterile and inoculated, the latter seemed to be easier on maintenance and I liked the explosive root growth. I rolled with voodoo juice and sm90…

Edit
Scratch that, I was thinking revive :joy:

You are correct that you can’t pour recharge in a reservoir for it will goo everything. So one way to use it with hydro is to add it directly to your netpots before a water change. Pour some close to the stem, making sure there is as little runoff as you can manage and do the water change…

6 Likes

Dope, thanks. My stems are coming out of little rockwool starter cubes, maybe I could just turkey baste that bit with recharge🤔

2 Likes

Sometimes I like to put vam on the roots when I transplant for the endos. I agree with @Mithridate that micros is easier than sterile. Great white makes a new product called king crab that is excellent. It’s a lot more concentrated than hydroguard, so it might seem more expensive but you use less.

You can put fulvic into the reservoir if you want. Some fulpower can go right in.

3 Likes

We used hydroguard and Great White in our hydro grows…they loved it!

3 Likes

I used GFF once by the way, and ended up not buying more. It works, but it’s not made for hydro and leaves a bit of sludge everywhere.

King crab works better, has a broader spectrum of seemingly well researched bacterial strains and leaves no residue. After trying both, I can’t see myself ever going back to GFF.

1 Like

with dwc use myco products for your rooting (rootwise, extreme gardening, ect) Dyna-Gro has a vrey good root product (K-L-M)(rated in top 10) you can get a sample pack of their products for $25.00 Dyna-Gro is for hydro but work well in soil also – forget about spraying the roots -FEED - spraying root can cause issues also home a gardens has a excellant root stimulator but it cost $50.00 Man run Dyna-Gro !!! glad you asked don’t worry i have posted some weird old stuff - I’m sure all member have

1 Like

Why not do a Recharge foliar spray/feed? :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

LOVE K-L-M…use it in our hydro cloner!!!

you can foliage spray it but at low rates and when you foliage spray it’s best to spray both side of leaves and before the lights come on (undersides of leave’s is were the up-take happens ( that is why when it going to rain Oak Trees turn their leaves up-side down fro the rain )

1 Like

Could give these folks a try, they have a nice looking sample kit and Photosynthesis Plus is all that good stuff:

"Photosynthesis Plus:

Photosynthetic bacteria: promoting photosynthesis
Autotrophic bacteria: for improved CO2 conversion
Rare earth water soluble humates: mined from organic matter, not leonardite which is not water soluble
Mycorrhizal fungi: Helps plants obtain additional moisture & nutrients.
Nitrogen-fixing bacteria: to allow for reduced chemical inputs and conversion of nitrogen present in the atmosphere into forms usable by plants, lawns, trees and shrubs
A wide culture consortium: to restore balance to the soil web"

2 Likes

I use this in my micro octopots, exact same Bacillus Amyloliquefaciens as HydroGuard, just more concentrated, less expensive per dose. Hat tip to @MrWizard for the find.

1 Like