Rosin press suggestions?

Yeah, what with the quarantining and all, having the Harbor Freight 20 ton press shipped was actually way more expensive than the press I ended up getting. It might be a little cheaper if you go there in person to buy it, but those shipping rates were almost as expensive as the press itself. Plus, it showed up all jacked, total pain in the ass to assemble it. Glad I returned it.

Whatever the press I ended up getting was right around what you’re talking about, $450 or so. I think. It’s super-easy to use. I just take it out of the box and set it on my kitchen counter. Way easier than that Harbor Freight press would’ve been. That thing was massive. And very heavy.

4 Likes

After having 2 presses in the $225-280 range that were total crap, I bought a $420, (I swear it was) OEM Tools press from Amazon. It was worth the extra money for me.
:guitar:

4 Likes

Thank you, good info to know

Still preferring the badger over the puffco? Tempted to grab a peak pro but i’m on the fence. was using a quartz banger until i found a nectar collector a year or two ago… been using that exclusively but if there’s a better option…

1 Like

I use the Huni Badger daily, it travels well. I have been using the Puffco a little more lately and it is nice, but isn’t quite as efficient as the Huni Badger. I have also been doing cold starts using my RiO. That is by far the tastiest, but also the least efficient.

By efficient I mean how big a dab I need to get a good hit vs how much gets left on the nail.

6 Likes

NugSmasher Pro

I’m looking for reviews from people who’ve used this model. It’s expensive, so I want to be sure it’s worth the cost.

It has (2) 7" x 10" smash plates with 3 heating elements in each plate, and provides up to 20 tons of pressure.

Maybe I don’t need one this beefy, but maybe I do!

4 Likes

Nice machine if you can afford it definitely better than the press I’ve got.

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t have any experience with that one, either, but I definitely researched it when I started this thread. It’s just sooooo fucking expensive. I really wonder how much “better” it could be than some of the cheaper presses.

Those big-ass plates would be nice to have, though, especially when I have like 50 grams to press.

1 Like

Yup - and I’ve got a couple of elbows to smash, so it really has me drooling!

2 Likes

Mhm. Then you’re gonna need some big-ass plates for sure. Unless you’re looking to make a week out of it haha.

1 Like

There’s gotta be some more affordable presses that offer big plates, though. If I remember correctly, aren’t those Nug Smashers like four or five grand?

1 Like

I have the OG model. pumping the jack is a drag. Might have considered the auto model more closely had I known. Fine for one pass but doing a batch is some work still.

3 Likes

Just saw the $$ on the pro…I’d have to start pressing my own slacks on it.

4 Likes

Yeah, they’re something like that. But if you get it from the right place, you get free shipping! lol…that may not sound like a big deal, but that thing weighs about 212 pounds!

3 Likes

Ooph, yeah, shipping 212 pounds’ll get spendy quick. Still, even with free shipping, four or five grand is a LOT to spend on a press. But I guess if you’re gonna be pressing a lot and on even a semi-regular basis, it’d be worth it. Maybe.

I used to be pretty good friends with a dude who was pressing 100’s and 100’s of pounds in one run, but I haven’t talked to him in a long time. Too long for me to feel comfortable texting him to ask what he used, otherwise I’d ask him for you. I’d feel weird texting him, all like,”Hey! Long time! What press do you use?!?” haha.

1 Like

Hmmm…maybe a text like…“Hey, long time! Yo, this guy I know from XXX is telling me he’s thinking about getting a NugSmasher Pro. Do you have any experience with that one?” You might see it the same, but he might see it as you reaching out to an expert (him) for his advice. If the dude has an ego, he’ll probably tell you his opinion.

Having said that, getting the advice of someone who processes so much material would be like found money. Never expected it, but grateful it happened!

However, I do understand your hesitation. And if neither of you are legal, you should definitely NOT text him about it!

Thanks!

2 Likes

Be nice to find something that you could press a couple 3 oz at a time or a half lb would be excellent. You’d need a ft square set of plates and a press with balls I’m thinking.

3 Likes

Eh… We’re both legal. It’s more just a matter of, like, every time I get a text from somebody I haven’t heard from in five years, especially when it’s just a question like that, I’m always kinda like,”Really? Fuck you. Where the fuck have you been for the last five years…?”

And I get those kind of texts a lot haha. It gets annoying. I don’t wanna be that guy.

1 Like

There is a decent deal going on at dabpress…ended up with the 4 ton @ $313 delivered with the extra 15% code. Somewhat thrilled with that, lol.

6 Likes

A lot of knowledge in here, have decided I will be getting a press 100% and have combed through this wealth of information, although now I’m probably more confused than when I began lmao

1 Like