Rotisserie chickens and you!

I’ve read up they actually do the farmers right and so the 5 dollars is locked in. They contract with farmers the type are meat birds bred for speed you can set your calendar too…think autos lol…while you and I are raising this or that who eat more than the weight they put on in longer periods of time. These chickens are done like in 45 days

2 Likes

Average feed conversion for Cornish cross is 2.25:1. And those folks have their own super breeds under 20 hours of light a day and they buy the feed by the millions of pounds at a time. Costco sold 137 million rotisserie chickens last year. When you can buy and sell at that level you can get a cheap product, especially when that brings people in to spend money on other high profit items. On pasture, fed in the evening to get them scratching, they grow much slower and it takes more feed. And good feed bought by the bag is the most expensive. But it makes a way more nutritious bird for sure.

1 Like

ISA Browns
Fast growing birds that lay 300 eggs a year
Start by 6 months
And at year 1.5 after they peek
Chicken stew with a 7 lb bird.
But that’s me.

4 Likes

Totally agree rotisserie chicken is :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I’m going to have to smoke a couple of our chickens this weekend now!

2 Likes

Ya know the actual chicken talk thats not about just eating them could probably go Here so then those few of us chicken people can talk more about our chickens and your chickens and run up a good post count lol

ill gladly let you smoke JayZ… probably stringy cuz hes a little asshole

8 Likes

Yea man, those roosters are good for broth and not much more imo. We hatched a beast of a rooster that we had to put down, kept messing up the other roosters, the hens, etc etc.

2 Likes

It’s the only way I do a whole chicken on the grill/smoker…btw, I mentioned this on the what stoners eat thread, you can get 2 meals on store bought rotisserie chicken…I take the carcass of the chicken put it in my air fryer then make roast chicken soup and it delish folks. I do the same thing with a turkey carcass, nothing but good eats…

Roast Turkey Bean Soup…

Air fryer

Crock pot

9 Likes

I do the same with the carcass minus the air fryer, I just make a stock by boiling it with veggies but I agree it is delicious. That roast turkey bean soup looks incredible!

3 Likes

We do 25 Cornish at a time, its crazy how fast they grow, they basically eat 24/7 and they’ll have strokes every now and again. This is the earliest we’ve ever had to run the A/C in their shed, the heat will wipe em out. They are bred for nothing more than meat.

4 Likes

Nice! We do 40-75 a summer depending in how full the freezer is. They are finicky little things. We feed ours starter for a week or so and then kick them into high gear with multi flock. Harvest in 6ish weeks, some birds are over 9 pounds.

2 Likes

It’s a loss leader.

1 Like

for my house, it’s giant baked taters. gravy-wise, this is an indispensable shortcut. i tend to pick the bird clean and add the meat to the gravy.

every time here. :grin:

3 Likes

I love that better than bouillon stuff, the beef is great too.

3 Likes

I think you do!

I remember the rotisserie chicken tv channel. Like the fireplace channel.

2 Likes

I have used a lot of soup base…THESE are the best !

1 Like

Portugese Chicken off the grill.

I also have a rotisserie in my kitchen which I love. I call it my set it and forget it appliance. Just an amazing piece of equipment.

12 Likes

I went to a fancy Arby’s once that had one of those giant ferris wheel type rotisseries going behing the counter. Some chickens looked about ready, but I was a little worried about the raw ones dripping all over them. Lol.

+1 on the spatchcock, the backbone used for sauce

I like beer can chicken, or 7up or pepsi chicken pretty good. I don’t have a rotisserie.

Also, One of these is crucial to up your bird game if you don’t have a rotisserie or can’t figure out how to spatch your cockth-2626578645

7 Likes

Australorp??? I see you have some Araucanas too!
Loved my chickens… even the Roo’s were spoiled little babies… had 6- they never fought!
Loved my Silkies most!

1 Like