Rules for making F2 seeds to trade

It’s allssomeone else’s work. Imo. I.mean all these new strains keep.coming out every day, and get all these cute names and stuff. Like strawberry cough. I mean that’s a clone gifted to him by someone he didnt even know, then because it had a certain cent, he just ups and names it. And while I’m sure he did his work to stabilize it. It clearly was someone else’s gear originally.

Obviously this is my uneducated take on the breeding of canabis. But it’s not far off. I mean really.how does.any one know they actually have what they say they do when you can get dozens of phenomena from most strains. Sometimes hundreds.

12 Likes

Along with this thread I’ve been making crosses for 20 years. I always pass along the genetics and as much history as I can find about the strains/breeders to whomever I send seeds to. I also want that history for any seeds I might get in trade or I just don’t want those seeds.

If I’m planning to send seeds to someone I don’t need other seeds or any form of trade either. I do have some good older time genetics and all I’d ask is some reporting back about how the recipients liked them once grown out and sampled.

I got so many seeds that will just go to waste unless I can find someone to take control and pass them along to others. Anyone here who can do that especially if they have good cred in the community and can be trusted? Hundreds of a good DJ Short’s blueberry crossed with Island Sweet Skunk gifted by a friend back east a few years ago. Many of my own crosses like Kali Mist x NL#5 from original year 2000 beans from the old Cannabis culture seed bank. L.S.D. x Blueberry both from Barney’s Farms c2005. The beans from both are fresher than that as I grow out a bunch and cross them to make fresh seeds every 5 years or so. All those are great yielders in the right hands.

I got so many other crosses at hand right now that I don’t know how to get them going. Also getting into making my own fem seeds with STS.

I don’t want these treasures to just dry up in my safe but hope for someone to take them over, spread the love and keep good genetics moving around.

90% of what I see for sale these days are crap crosses from many other crap crosses so they all become mongrel mutts but sell for $20/seed! Fuck that BS!

So some decent breeders should step up and if the vibe is right I’m willing to pass on a shitload of good stuff. Some will be mediocre but many gems in the various piles.

All I would ask in return is that I get a few new beans back to grow out any new and improved models and early versions get passed off to other newer growers that need free/cheap seeds with traits they are interested in growing.

My main interests now are hi-CBD/auto fem type beans for outdoor growing way up north here but all sorts of other types especially older landrace types are more than welcome!

If you end up making a super fine x from all that and can get rich off it that’s fine with me too as long as you pass along the parentage and give credit where credit is due!

:peace:

33 Likes

Lone Star Blue Heaven. The Barney’s Farms cross of LSD and Blueberry from a buddy in Texas back around 2008.

Can’t find a lot of the other pics since switching to Win10 but still looking!

:peace:

31 Likes

I’ve got ‘a full dance card’ at the moment but once I clear that maybe we should talk further about doing some seed runs on some of your older stash.

Cheers
G

8 Likes

Yes yes and then yall should talk about hooking a brother up with some seeds :joy:

5 Likes

@labrat I’d love to get some in the perpetual rotation …just started breeding a line that was gifted to me. Always looking for good old school cultivars to add t the mix. I spread all my seeds around on here as you do to see them grown out. In diaries.

Here’s a link to my ongoing perpetual jungle. Working on a seed preservation of Darwoh2.5 chocolate Thai. But I always have space to drop a few breeders in with the selections available on a monthly harvest schedule. Recently acquired a pre DJ Blue Berry that I’m dying to get in the mix… Welcome to the Jungle

4 Likes

Is that the blueberry dj started with and improved? Interesting, that is an old cut. I would be wanting to make room for that in the rotation as well. Would that be a good candidate to reverse and make some seeds of?

Sorry man, I love to learn and I am infatuated with blueberry.

2 Likes

If I get a pair I’ll definitely do open pollination so everyone can go on a pheno hunt…

8 Likes

You’re so right! I have seen packs going for $500 for ten… Who on earth is shelling out $500 for ten seeds?!

6 Likes

You mean, you clone that one and have a pair, so you reverse one of the plants? I thought you could reverse a branch?

That would be so awesome of you man.

3 Likes

That is one of my favorites too…classic!! The blue city diesel I had not too long ago was some of the best bud I’ve smoked in a long time. Check it if you come across it

1 Like

I’m tickled frigging pink to have the huckleberry seeds for next summer. They sound tasty, I will keep that in mind, thanks man.

1 Like

shoot id be down with that!! Let me grab my gun…oh wait it’s a different kind of hunt :joy:

1 Like

yeah it was a cross of blueberry and nycd. Blue city diesel aka I think blue diesel either name. Personally I enjoy pure indicas and pure sativas but these days I mean mostly everything is hybrid. But I have to say definitely one of the most well balanced hybrids I’ve smoked. Nice buzz both mind and body and long lasting. The buzz would last a good 3 hours no bs and I smoke a lot lol

4 Likes

That’s @trowertripper @Badger, havnt had time to absorb his thread. I’ll be dropping 6 of the heirloom Blueberry and see if I can pull a decent male and female to repopulate seeds for trade and pheno hunts on test grows of freebies…my Black Pearl line is based on blue and purple plants and upping potency. Worst case (all male or fem) it will get bred with another likely suspect in the stable. Great thing about perpetual growing besides a monthly harvest of new stash from 2-4 plants. It also allows you to throw strains in batches that you think play well together. This way if you want a limited seed run or multiple strains from one plant you can brush the pollen on the lowers and usually harvest a few dozen seeds of each new strain to test out.

I also pull clones from all the promising plants for a second run and open pollination, really been fun putting together strains like a coach does a players lineup. If I grow a clone for seed I put them in flower just after planting from cloner since I’ve allready grown out and know genetics are good, this one is just a breeding bitch don’t care how big, I do like to see structure vs same plant from seed. Some plants just don’t like being cloned…:metal::sunglasses:

8 Likes

Here is hat I have on it…

4 Likes

Awesome information. Thanks for that!!

1 Like

Not sure how accurate that lineage is. AKBB says it’s not related to DJ short’s blueberry, but DJ Short’s blueberry is listed as a parent.

7 Likes

Good catch khaoohs, it dos seem DJ’s BB fathered their F2 effort. Hmmmmm…:metal::sunglasses:

3 Likes

i personally seek out breeders who work their lines. if possible, i prefer to support them instead of the pollination clash of 2 hype plants cuz they could. nothing wrong w/ this for folks on limited budgets. i was there once.

4 Likes