Running an auto grow concurrently with flowering photos

would it be safe to assume that autos planted and a week old would finish about the same time as a photo period flower cycle?

2 Likes

Auto flowers have a set time limit. If you start a 9 week auto at the beginning of 12/12 photoperiod grow and grow alongside each other in same area/tent they will finish around the same time BUT the autos yield is greatly effected. I did the exact same thing my last grow. Auto flowers need a minimum of 18/6 for full efficiency and growth.

6 Likes

are you growing them in the flower tent or your veg tent? autos usually list time from seed to harvest dont they?

re: autoflowering strains(and “super”-auto’s?)
how do they perform under longer light cycles, even zero-dark? my guess is they might be stressed in 24hr light & …'herm.

??

herm pollen is the only reason i’m a bit afraid of auto-flowering, but the quick turn-over garauntee is appealing. :confused:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

As stated, you can do autos in 12/12 the whole time without issues (except low yield). The best lighting schedule is 20/4 IMO. You can do 24/0 light, but the plant will still “sleep” with the lights on.

I had two autos that spent six weeks on 12/12, then I switched them to 18/6 for two weeks and a final two weeks at 20/4 just as I shifted them around from spot to spot. I only am going to get 7 grams or so each though.

2 Likes

I’d not personally have them under 24/0. I have a run going at the moment 20/4 and they are growing really vigorously. It’s more of an experiment to see what all the fuss is about but also a comparison grow Dwc vs soil. The auto I ran while flowering my c99 photos didn’t yield much at all under 12/12. Maybe 3/4 of an ounce at the most and the buds were really airy. The devil xxl autos I’m running at the minute seem like They are going to be huge. The growth rate is unbelievable compared to the white widow autos Im growing alongside them. Maybe 3x bigger.

3 Likes

I’ve done 20/4 and 24/0 the only difference I’ve noticed is the electric bill…

5 Likes

mostly just wanting to do it to see how they grow size be damned… I just wanna see this craziness everyone is talking about

1 Like

I have one of reilox’s auto fems from a mix pack in with my others that are flowering… It had like 10 days of 18/6 then its been 12/12 ever since. I haven’t updated my diary in a while. But it’s in a large fountain drink container, 32oz I think… Anyways it’s looking nice… Probably only going to yield 5-10gs dried but it was just for the sake of me growing one out for the first time.

4 Likes

I started an auto when I started the test for Swamp. It was my freebie from the vault. I thought all were on 20/4 than realized I had moved the timer and had them on 24/0. The auto is in flower the photo are ready to flip. I am flowering all in the veg tent if possible as cleaning out the flower tent for mites. I am slowly moving to shorter days slowly till 12/12. Hoping to not stress them and keep them mite free. But may have to put down at any moment at the first sign of mite spots.

I wasn’t planning on running an auto grow concurrent with photo but, am now.

1 Like

Don’t sweat it, autos are quite resilient with respect to light changes. They will still finish up, maybe take a week longer. Keep the course switching to 12/12 and grow on. :+1::seedling:

4 Likes

good to know!! thanks @ReikoX

1 Like

Yield suffers for sure. I would suggest 3-5 gallon pots planted directly in the final container and a 20 hour light cycle for optimum results.

But IMO what makes autos fun is just throwing them in a corner and letting them do their thing.

2 Likes

I did plant right after soak into final container. After giving it a dose of LITFA, I was to busy with everything else and here she is;

And now

3 Likes

I’m not very versed in no till but do you think that cover crop should be so big? Not trying to knock your methods or anything, just curious.

1 Like

Personally One of my first auto’s i grew was suppose to be a 9 week strain, at 9 weeks it probally could have used a couple more after i harvested it i figured that out

Yeah the lawnmower broke :laughing: I said I gave it a dose of LITFA :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

My barley straw always seems to have a few seeds in it. Its aggressive. I just finished a couple myself, just stuck them wherever.

this was the 16 seed cover from build a soil my cover is rice hauls

1 Like

…if you got worms in 'yer dirt, they would like you to mow & feed that to the decomposition-layer. :wink: :angel: :bug:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like