Sad plant update- Pests in flowering !

Hello again new friends. Bad news, 1/2 of my plants have pests. I’m not sure what they are but they are small and dark and when you pop them it leaves an orange mark on your skin. they’re woven little webs on the fan leaves and seem to be leaving small dots behind on the leaves. My citrus plants have had spider mites countless times but these look slightly different? Not sure but would greatly appreciate any help you can give because i’d like to be able to make it to harvest! Also I have some organic neem oil, I just wasn’t sure how to use it on marajuana plants. Thanks again for any help!

6 Likes

I’m not a pest expert by any means but that looks like spider mites to me. They can have different shapes and sizes but I think the webbing is pretty telling.

Maybe try searching spider mites here on OG. There are tons of posts with different methods and homemade stuff you can use. A good one I saw was @JohnnyPotseed pest post - Mites,Thrips, Aphids 'one-n-done' with pics

Hopefully johnny or someone equally as knowledgeable will chime in with more advice. I wish you luck in the battle mate.

5 Likes

Yeah, mites.

Burn the place down or visit Johnny’s page :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

Mites. Sorry

4 Likes

Broad mites spider mites
Brown mites two spotted mites
Some are beneficial. Some are not
I would say deff say an infestation of spider mites ive been there …shoot I bet 80 percent of growers have if they’ve grown long enough lol

5 Likes

Spider mites in flower are a pain. I’ve had luck with using Citric acid to kill them but you still have crap all over your buds so if you decide to harvest you really want to do a good bud wash to remove as many dead critters and eggs as possible. Mixing 1-3 teaspoons of Citric acid powder per quart of water will kill both eggs and adults. It’s a contact killer so you need to get everything in the plant good and wet with the spray. I’ve found 2 tsp per quart to be a good mix but it can brown some of the pistils on the buds. It kills by dessication so they just dry out.

2 Likes

First instinct is definitely to burn the house down!

I just scrolled all the way to the bottom of his thread and ordered all the mite killing ingredients. @JohnnyPotseed thank you in advance. And thank you for recommending him!

3 Likes

ugh yes i was ready about that. I had never heard of a bud bath until then, My wonder is if the bath will lead to mold? Not ideal but I am definitely not going to give up. When my citrus trees had mites i rubbed down each leaf with a q tip for weeks until they all died. I hope I don’t have to do it for my weed babies but I would lol. Thanks for your response i appreciate it

1 Like

Russett mites. Sorry.

1 Like

Can be used in flower
Best wishes
Paps

2 Likes

That is a very good suggestion. But don’t hit your plans too hard. It could shock them a little bit. Make sure you turn your lights down. You’ll have to do a couple times. I believe they make eggs every five days. The good thing about that you don’t have to mix it. Critter spray is pretty good.
The good thing about this you do not have to mix. Home Depot and Lowe’s sell some decent stuff.

Just remember anything that you use, your plants need time to clean out you’re gonna be smoking it. I have used a fogger before. It makes a mess. Sometimes you have to cut your loss. That is crazy that that happens because whenever I touch up on one they make me itch and sometimes break out. It makes me wonder how any bug would even bite it.

2 Likes

Do the bath, gentle shake off excess water, hang with a tiny bit of direct airflow till they are no longer “I just got rained on” wet. Dry as per usual.

7 Likes

No worries man!

I also seen you had questions about bud washing. @breadwinner is right, you will definitely want to wash in this situation, even if you kill every bug and egg right now. Don’t worry about mold. If your environment is right you will be fine. Google bud wash.

3 Likes

I’ve used dawn. I’ve seen with some people of use hydrogen peroxide. They do make a machine that washes it.

I do get them myself. I don’t really do anything about them anymore. I try to do everything in 90 days. Good luck.
I’ve often wondered about a little Coca-Cola. And then wash it off after it dries. lol

2 Likes

thank you for your recommendation!!

Thanks for your response! I’ve never heard of using coca cola but it sounds very interesting lol

1 Like

I read something that said to spray in the morning before the lights come on, do you think that’s accurate? I appreciate your suggestions also thank you

1 Like

ok! that makes sense , thanks man

I’m sure it will dry hard or sticky. Molasses will work with some hydrogen peroxide. I was joking about the soda. But yes, I have thought about it.