Summertime grow

So i started my plants for my garden this summer.

They are about a month old. Im impatiently waiting for the temps to rise doo i can put them outside.

There are beefsteak tomatoes, heirloom tomatoes, sauce tomatoes, bell peppers, habaneros, jalapenos, red cherryberry x remedy (5), red cherryberry x glacier (4), and 5 rando bagseed i had.

Once the temps are up i am going to put in the rest of the veggies. :grin:

15 Likes

probably time to transplant the weed. i dunno what your height restrictions are with the light & shelf but…they’re beggin for it. :slight_smile:

glad to see the kids!

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

So, i repotted my weed. Started putting it on the porch during the day to harden off. I brought it back in and found this…

5 of them had been chewed on… by the dog in the picture. Im hoping they come back. :sob:

11 Likes

So here they are. All coming back after the dog thought he would like to eat them.

Im going to take a clone from each and as soon as the clones are established, I’ll put these outside. Then use my mother clone box im building to make a mother of the best cherryberry x glacier and cherryberry x remedy.

Im hoping to get a make from each do i can seed them to get a stable good pheno. If i get a lot of good seed i would be more than willing to share.

6 Likes

I think he’s getting addicted :grin: or has a pain in the stomach, my dog eats “legal” grass as a cow, never took her to the vet … :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I sympathize about the curious dog-- same thing here a couple of years ago. At first I was upset :scream: but the plants responded positively :confused: so it never affected things. (Except that my dog learned to leave my plants alone. :slight_smile:)

3 Likes

We have a puppy that likes the dirt. She knows she’s not supposed to but evidently can’t resist. I think she’s especially drawn to quality genetics. :yum:

4 Likes

It’s finally getting warm enough that i put all my tomatoes plants outside. Im going to take some clones off the pot plants then get them outside.

4 Likes

So these guys have had a rough go so far. Getting attacked by the dog and all.

I took clones from 7 of them. The others didn’t have anything to take. And he they are! My first ever clones!

I took them on the tenth. Just cut and put in water. 12 days later 5 of them have roots!

Im going to take 2 clones from each plant then get them ready for outside. The clones i will keep inside. Make mother’s out of them. The new Congress will go into flower as soon as i can.

7 Likes

Update, all 7 have roots. The first five are in dirt and doing well.

I took 2 cloves from each. And they all died. :sob: so i am trying an experiment. I found a recipe for rooting with 1 tea spoon apple cider vinegar to a gallon of water. I made it and took one cutting each. I put them in a cup with the water. If they die, i’ll try half the amout apple cider vinegar.

2 Likes

So, @cannabissequoia, i thought i would let you know that i smoked up a friend the other day with the remedy i have. She had a severe concussion. For a month she lived in her basement with severe light and sound sensitivity. She had only just recently been able to get out and back to work. Still had lots of issues.

She demanded that i sell her some! Within 10 minutes of smoking her symptoms were almost gone. That’s the first time in almost 2 months. Thank you again for the seeds!

Im hoping to cross a remedy make and female to make more seeds. This will be a first pollen chuck for me, but i wanted to know if you want me to pass some back to you?

1 Like

I demand you give her as much as you can! :wink: If she insists on compensation-- allow her to repay you by sharing the Overgrow way & if she’s able, to grow some herself. :thumbsup:

Your report is healing to me, just hearing this, makes a shitty day better.

We’re all clear here: I didn’t do any particular breeding & my only comendable part in is the open sharing & low cost giveaway-- The PLANT blessed us!

I have the dad(RCB) pollen still so I could send you some :smile: for a backcross, but the CBD might drop; crossing the two siblings is a good way forward but I’ve learned that the F2, second generation of a cross/hybrid, will have a lot more variation. As in, inbred grandkids look like their 4 grandparents more than their 2 parents, or something like that. :sweat_smile:

If the plant is still re-veg-able that’s what I’d do but I’m guessing it’s gone. (?)

If you germinate more seeds, clone the girls early & keep them small & vegging as “backup copies”, then when our dear friend here smokes the different plants their may be a single outlier you can simply mother & clone, give her some, etc.

Granted that is a lot of extra work. hehe :blush:

1 Like

I sprouted 5 more. That one is gone :sob: i have already taken some clones from these. Im hoping to get another good one. This is really exciting for me. Im wanting to grow more all the time.

The current climate keeps me low profile. We are silk still taking risks with this. Even in legal states. Things need to change so we can take these stains to the people without fear.

2 Likes

Haven’t updated in a while. I’ve been experimenting with taking clones. The first group i took are now in the flower room. The second group all died… everything turned brown from the stem outward. I ditched them. Both were just using plain water, no rooting hormone, nothing. Took more than two weeks to see roots. Next group i used 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar to a gallon of water for a rooting hormone. No sign of roots after a week.
So i broke down and went to midwest hydroponics. Got all this. I wanted the cloned rooting gel, but i forgot to grab it. So i have the powder for now.

I already had the turbokloner. It was missing some jets and the drain plug. Got them and took my clones from the water and cut new ones. This is what i have now!

4 Likes

Had to laugh, with you, about the Dog attack.
Two week old seedling, dogs have totally ignored them up until the day she chowed down on a couple leaves.
Plant has recovered, barely missed a beat but did get moved or doggie range.

You are getting good results, interesting to see if the rooting hormones make a difference. Been using them as a best practice for a lot of years.

2 Likes

Im cheap and didn’t want to spend the money. But i have a friend that will buy clones. I gave him a few seeds from gifts i got from people here on OG. He still wants to buy clones. Less work for him. So i thought i better spend the money and get things dialed in.

1 Like

So these are the first set of clones. A couple weeks into flower. Four of them are girls! Number five, don’t know what’s going on there. it hasn’t grown at all. All they have had is water. It’s new happy frog soil. They all had a bunch of good roots.

2 Likes

so it’s been a week done i took those last clones.

27 0f 36 had enough roots to put in dirt!
once these get acclimated to dirt i am keeping one from each plant to flower out and giving the rest to a friend. From those i find the males, dump them. Them test smoke that rest to find the best from the RCB x Glacier and RCB x Remedy. Keel those two mothers and stay a couple more so i have a few strains of mothers for variety. :hugs:

6 Likes

Update time! Lots of pictures. Here are those 5 first clones 30 days since light flip. Doing really well! 3 smell lemon/diesel. one smells like lemon heads. One smells like cherry candy. Super happy about how they are turning out!

These are the new clones about a week into flower. These are labeled lol.

These are the clones waiting to be picked up. Im gonna have to get on my friend to get out here.

New clones.

And finally my mothers

One more, i found my first Male. Not sure what to do with him yet. It’s a RCBxRemedy

6 Likes

Also, i will be repotting the clones in flower. The solo cups are for the challenge. the two solo cups with the clones are DBHP from seed that will become mother’s to clone from. Yay!

1 Like