salt based fertilizers for cannabis

I would do as the others suggested , Jacks 321. Tons of professional nurseries and farms use it for production.
It’s a complete fertilizer and you won’t need anything else. It’s pennies on the dollar too

4 Likes

Not specifically . All synthetic fertilisers . Everything thats not organic.

1 Like

Tractor Supply? They’re all over. We’re all farmers.

They ripen unripe ones with ethylene gas so they appear red but are actually unripe. That’s one reason why grocery store are mealy and bitter not sweet. They travel better and sit on the shelf better that way.

Supply chains demand consistency and uniformity, so you get shit like this.

3 Likes

How about Wally World or Walgreens? I don’t care where YOU buy it, I’ve got mine. :slightly_smiling_face:

I know a lot of the field grown tomatoes are done that way but even the hydroponic ones taste bland. I believe the store calls them “vine ripened”

I use to regularly deliver greenhouse supplies to a hydroponic tomato grower a few counties away. I talked to him a lot because his setup was amazing. I was always asking him questions LOL. I’m pretty certain he knew why I was so curious :joy:

He supplied a local chain of grocery stores with tomatoes. All his stuff was picked ripe off the vine. Every time I delivered there his crew was bringing in harvested tomatoes To wash and they were definitely not gassed. They were pretty tasteless as well. There has to be some kind of connection , I would love to know why they come out so tasteless but they look so perfect

2 Likes

Maybe the variety? I’m currently growing some Brandy Wine heirlooms, Beef Steaks. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Could be variety for sure. They typically grow ones that are more shelf stable and uniform, IDK.

The beefsteaks I’m growing now don’t look anything like grocery store tomatoes but taste incredible. Fertilized with lawn granules, grow runoff, and MKP.

3 Likes

Inorganic salts are not petroleum based. Where did you get that idea?

They’re mineral based using rocks and various acids where it can’t be mined directly from the ground.

Pesticides etc are often derived from petroleum products but I don’t use any of those real nasty ones. Safer’s insecticidal soap sprays and a dash of canola oil mixed in works just fine. 5 days of close examination and haven’t found a thrip so should be good to flip some to flower soon.

2 Likes

I see Greenleaf nutrients came out with their version of Jack’s Hydro.

Anybody has any experience with this stuff?

If you would of look the subject up you would of seen for yourself.
What your talking about are organic fertilizer. Non organic man made are exactly what I said.

1 Like

It’s not made from petroleum. That’s an old myth.

There are fertilizers made using natural gas as the ammonia source.

The plant wouldn’t care either way.

3 Likes

I don’t write this shit , allot of other people believe the same thing. Either way I don’t care what it’s made from. It all comes from our planet. … so far
But natural gas is a petroleum type gas.

1 Like

Natural gas is about 94% methane CH4 so basically cow farts. Decomposing plant mater creates it but that also creates oil.

1 Like

It’s still considered petroleum based or defined as. I’m aware of what it is , methane. I’ve been posting articles saying the same thing for hours.

1 Like

What was ever used before the 1930’s before chemicals fertilizers came on to the market? Not a damn thing! Plants grew fine without chemical inputs and still continue to do so . Soil health has decline in the field crops ever since then and so has good nutrition In the foods we eat you can see it’s effects in all people around more cancers, and diseases are manifesting themselves quicker than anything around ,our nation is one the leaders in obesity Why? I leave that one for you to figure out!

2 Likes

I missed that study.

Tasteless tomatoes come from feeding the plant excess water during late fruiting. The tomatoes grow quickly and the flavor becomes diluted.

2 Likes

Idk, my vegetable garden stays pretty moist at all times and I’ve never grown a tomato that resembles the bland taste of a supermarket tomato. Nothing even close

3 Likes

And here I am still using miracle grow and dirt​:rofl::joy:

4 Likes