Say Something Nice About Your Neighbor

I like you all :star_struck:.

16 Likes

@MrGreenJeans supportive nature never goes unnoticed :metal:t2: kind soul, him.

7 Likes

I concur! @MrGreenJeans is always stopping by and being supportive

6 Likes

It takes one to know one, my friends (@DirtySlowToes and @seeds2weeds).

There are so many kind souls in this community, I could spend the day listing those who’ve enriched my life through their sharing of wit and wisdom, not to mention magic beans! But – like so many on this thread have said before me – I’m afraid I would be remiss in leaving anyone out, were I to make the attempt.

I will call out @Vesti though, and here’s why: When I joined OverGrow last summer (incidentally, exactly one year ago TODAY!), he and @Heliosphear conspired to award to the newest member an offering from The Vault, which had been set up as part of the 7-year anniversary celebration. I chose a pack of fem photo Maui Mango Haze created by @Guitarzan, which will ~finally~ find their way into soil next week.

That was quite a warm welcome to the OG community! The icing on the (anniversary/welcome) cake: Vesti contacted me to say that he was sending some of his own seeds my way too. The generosity of the members here goes above and beyond.

As luck would have it, Vesti had moved recently to an area whose Post Office employs its own version of “Newman.” So, despite multiple attempts, those seeds were not arriving. I told him I appreciated the effort, but let’s call it a day. He insisted, and sent (I think) three or four mailings over several months.

Finally, in late October (several MONTHS after our initial contact), a pack of Jacalyn/Kasmir beans made it through the gauntlet! I let Vesti know (sent him a book of stamps), and we were both relieved to know that every once in a while, the Post Office gets it right.

…And then, late November, another envelope arrives, this one sliced open all along the top, and neatly taped back together. The postal time stamp on it says September 29.

We guessed that Newman had by now accumulated enough beans for his own collection, so these were allowed to be delivered – albeit two months later.

All of this to say: I’m so grateful for the MANY awesome “neighbors” we have here on OverGrow. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

I appreciate the note, and yea, @Heliosphear makes an excellent partner in crime!

And that was quite the ordeal. I can’t recall exactly where our convo via DM ended on the subject, but I don’t think I ever noted that a couple weeks after you finally got them I got one of the letters back, and then a bit later another one. Both had been slit opened with a blade and retaped, and something like “address not found” was scribbled across your addy.

Weird, but at least three of the four ended up accounted for.

6 Likes

I am saying I have never been part of such a big group of people from so many different places that are as cool and kind as this group, I find myself checking in during the work day and laughing

10 Likes

This:
IMG_9738

10 Likes

Ummmmm…
:face_vomiting:
I feel salt overload just looking at that thing!
:rofl:

6 Likes

Now with extra vinegar!

3 Likes

Out of likes but that looks like my kind of burger.

4 Likes

7 Likes

I know, pickles are very shocking but you have to dive in and go for it, like ripping off a bandaid.

4 Likes

All them pickles come with a side of the bubble guts lol

3 Likes

Yeah but it’s only 384 calories total if you eat the wrapper too.

3 Likes

IMG_9738
If that’s only 384 calories I’m a three peckered billy goat!

10 Likes

It just means you get triple the action :joy:

7 Likes

Hi everybody, what a fantastic thread - you can feel the joy just from reading through it.
Shout out for @Cannabiscrusader for his gifts, small talk, advice and doodles - always makes me smile
@percyryan66 for being such great support and sharing his love for his fellow man and OG with me
@JustANobody for sharing his knowledge, beans and being a straight talker
@DougDawson for being just generally an awesome and generous person - not only sharing his beans, but sharing his holidays - a true model of what it means to be a part of OG.
@supersecretjim - his Octogrow thread has kept me entertained and smiling
@Rhai88 for the beans, cracker jokes and a great thread
@THCeed for his humour and fish / fishing holiday pics
@LemonadeJoe for looking after things behind the scenes
and finally @Heliosphear for his fantastic work for the community - you are a star
There are so many great people on OG, as a member now for only a few months can’t wait to get to know many more of you :smiley: :100: :100: :clap: :clap:

15 Likes

My neighbor girl is a nice lady she has a long hair cat just like I do and she never complains when I’m blasting my music. She’s also really attractive if I was more confident I would ask her out

11 Likes

Ask her out. Worst she’ll say is no.

11 Likes

Dude, wtf do you got to lose, ask her if she likes food, take her out. You only live once. Please, do this for all of us. Hell, ask if she’d like to have a drink, anything. Please.

6 Likes