Scissorbörg Gardens đŸŒ± :Scissors:

Initial impressions of Cromjog flowers.

The buds will not be cured for another 3 weeks or so yet. Certainly the fragrance/flavor profiles will change a bit as they are curing.

Well, preliminarily I am pleased that there are no dud plants amongst the 4. All 4 plants produced buds which provide a
nice high. I have not yet picked a favorite
more rigorous analysis is required.

2 of the plants are sweet, creamy, with a note of spice.

1 plant is more pungent and spicy smelling, with a more pronounced sweet and spicy taste.

1 plant is a flavor powerhouse
in your face sweet, earthy, hashy yumminess.
Delectable. Hopefully this flavor profile will be enhanced by the curing process.

Overall I am quite pleased with the quality of Cromjog flowers.

And luckily, it seems to be a fast finisher.

I will be hatching more of these seeds with my next grow.

Final, more detailed smoke reports will be upcoming.

7 Likes

From my experience I’ve NEVER been able to get weight out of my buds using Led to flower. Vegging is fine but I ran 900watts in a 3x3 tent and averaged about 14g per plant. Same strain but using a 600 watt hid and now average almost 2oz per plant. Just sayin.

4 Likes

If you’re talking aboot those old blurple LEDs, I definitely agree. But some of the newer rigs are making fat/dense buds, indistinguishable from an HPS bud.

I’m curious, which model lamp were you using?

3 Likes

I’ve got 10 beans popped so I hope to find a few gems like yourself

4 Likes

Vipersrectra 450
but I’ve always used hid lighting until I tried those. I only veg with the led now.

2 Likes

Ya I wouldn’t flower with that either. From a quick read, I see the actual draw on that model is about 200W.

More modern LEDs might surprise you. Here’s a couple nice gardens, off the top of my head:

5 Likes

dude
 i would 100 percent run those next outdoor season

3 Likes

Can you give me an example of a brand of Led that your talking about?

2 Likes

@Muleskinner What’s a good LED brand?

Also, @Jellypowered seem to do a nice job with ‘Sol Strips’.

Or you could get a ready made COB lamp from someone like Timber Grow Lights.

5 Likes

Sol Strips are amazing if you want something comparable to HID light (hps/mh).

Don’t be fooled by fake output ratings always check amperage or wattage draw to confirm true output. PS Voltage x Amperage equals wattage.

6 Likes

Good LED’s
basically most of the expensives ones are good (but not all)
Fluence, PL Light, Philips Greenpower are pro-greenhouse fixtures, there are many good smaller companies, Illumitex, HLG, Timber. GE Arize. Lumigrow and Calfornia Lightworks are good although I don’t like fixtures w/ fans.

edit
forget Heliospectra - super expensive. Also Valoya is a another good moderate-price one, Griffin’s Greenhouse stocks them.

6 Likes

Here are shots of some of the flowers from 3rd out of 4 of the girls.
These buds are pungently sweet with a generic spice thing going on. Nice balanced high.

13 Likes

Nice contrast in those buds, those pistols are almost red in hue! :+1::seedling:

4 Likes

Thanks for growing and posting, Calyxander :bow:

hey, do I see some dang beaners in those buds???

5 Likes

You are much more than welcome.
Totally my pleasure. Thanks go to your beneficent self.
I like this cross. Easy to grow, robust plants. Low odor, no lingering skunky funkiness.
Relatively quick flowering time, I was planning on taking 3 at appx 60 days and the one in my last post above I thought would go 65 days or so. Unintended forced harvest at 56 or 57 days.
Flowers are all real nice smoking. Enjoyable high.

I have purchased “strains” from “breeders”
which were greatly inferior
 more than a couple times.

Oh, I have yet to find any seeds in any of the plants.

5 Likes

I love the color of those. Natural sunlight? shows more truth and beauty than a flash. IMO

Great work Scissor-Hans !

2 Likes

Hey bro ,
Did you put those hurkle outdoors or have you finished them indoors 
 ?
I received a few from @Kalgrae a wee while back and im interested in how they grow etc
 any details appreciated
 (Btw i believe they were made by @Muleskinner 
)
Hope you’re well talk soon mate 

Gaz

4 Likes

Crockett’s Tangie with some PeakSeedsBC Blueberry babies inside. Pollinated her a bit early, but that was when the male was shooting his load.

@OrganicGorilla

16 Likes

Nice one brother. Some Blueberry Tangie sounds awesome!

5 Likes

LED_Seedz’ Strawberry Creme, day 29.

@Gaz29, I know you would like to see this because you bought these too.

19 Likes