Scissorbörg Gardens 🌱 :Scissors:

I’m sure someone has already made Kilo Kush :thumbsup: :seedling:

1 Like

@99PerCent
Been keeping these slow-growing under T-5’s and cool temps. Here’s a (Hurkle f-2), a (Green Crack x Querkle) and one of @GrowGorilla’s (Tangie f’2s)
…(a bit dusty from the DE treatment) lol
Uploading…

14 Likes

DE.

Maybe in my hands only, but I find this product to be entirely too messy.

4 Likes

That image seems pretty accurate to me too LOL :laughing:
I only use it in veg room, not around flowers.

3 Likes

Its when I find it on the kitchen floor, in the dish cabinet, etc. that I know I am not the expert!

:laughing:

5 Likes

No sugar ants in YOUR kitchen tho, I bet :laughing:

Before I renovated, there was a summer pilgrimage to the kitchen. Not so much since. Maybe back again. They don’t give up.

1 Like

My male has started to release pollen today.
Tips for collecting/storing are greatly appreciated.
This is a small 1 gal plant so I don’t want to damage the (relatively) small amount that I can capture. I’m going to need to store some for about 3-5 weeks. Wish me luck.

4 Likes

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas. What a beautiful frosty lady.

2 Likes

Best method I’ve seen (not used) is to get a plastic freezer bag and stick it over the branch to get to the pollen and give it a couple of knocks. Then when you wanna pollinate a female you put the bag over a branch on her and cable tie it

4 Likes

I would wait a day or two to begin collecting, a lot more will start to come out. I like to collect it in a small glass jar with a dessicant pack inside, and store it in the fridge.

If you’re bringing it out of the fridge to add more you have to wait until the jar gets near room temp so you don’t get condensation inside. It’s a good idea to collect and seal a few different jars too. That way when you open one to take some pollen out the others stay sealed and fresh.

8 Likes

If there’s pollen on the males leaves, just fold leaf in half and pour into sealable container/s / or shaking over sum paper etc… good luck @Scissor-Hanz.
Happy growing bud,
Gaz

4 Likes

Thanks gaz :thumbsup:
If I store these containers in the fridge,
Won’t the sweat from the container destroying the pollen when I remove it for use?

4 Likes

Yeah try and wait a couple/few days as @Muleskinner says, and the pollen should be good to put in fridge, if you have glass containers they’d probably be better at storing it than plastics , but spread it out between a few different containers, so’s you can keep some for other projects etc… that’s what I would do bud… I wish you well on this endeavour. Have a good one mate,
Gaz

4 Likes

Thanks, I missed this post earlier somehow.
Exactly the info i needed. :+1:
He’s been dropping pollen for a few days, it’s really dumping today.

3 Likes

I like sterilized mason jars with a desiccant taped inside of the jar.

Collect multiple jars over the course of days and store in the fridge for up to 2 years so far.

There is a thread on here somewhere where some dude is harvesting the male flowers before they spill, drying like regular buds and storing in a cool dark place in a vacuum and claims indefinite storage.

I am fine with a paint brush and a jar.

8 Likes

When you take the jar out of the fridge it will “sweat” on the outside but not on the inside because the air is bone dry from the dessicant. You just wait a couple minutes or hold it in your hand till it warms up and then open it.

Usually I can open it this way, take some pollen out with a paintbrush, and then close it and return to the fridge, and do this 3-4 times before the pollen goes bad. Each time it gets warmed up and exposed to the air it gets a little weaker.

8 Likes

@99PerCent @Muleskinner @Gaz29 and @anon58740919 all have good advice. That folded leaf is brilliant.

@Scissor-Hanz You can also take a branch or two and set inside a cup of water and put a plate or something smooth under to catch it. Set it in a window sill and preferably somewhere away from a breeze and dry. I pick the fallen flowers out and discard them.

I’ve used aluminum foil and wrapped up multiple packs then store in the fridge inside a small plastic container filled with rice. @Morgwar got the last of mine. I let it sit out at room temp for the day then opened it to dry pack for sending. He’s been successful with it.

Edit: here’s an illustration.

14 Likes

Worked like a charm my man! ill be doing it the same way

6 Likes

I do something similar with parchment paper. :thumbsup: :seedling:

8 Likes