Second Hand Light Purchasing

Hey guys!
I’m looking to upgrade my 5x5 tent’s light. I took a light I had in my 2x4 and used it in there, but feel its time to step up and fill the tent. Does anyone know of any good sources for purchasing second hand LED Grow Lights? I’ve checked out some sources like Kijiji, Facebook Marketplace, Craigs list. Any tips would be amazing! Thanks in advanced for any comments!

3 Likes

What area are you in? We have a used equipment thread here as well.

3 Likes

If you are little bit handy you can make your own led light for a fraction of the cost of a branded one.

3 Likes

Im in Canada, if I’m reading correct, that’s a European thread?

1 Like

No bud, it’s the general thread. The European thread it just linked in the OP as other trading topics. I too am in Canada. I know lots of folks here use Kijiji and set an alert to tell them when lights go up for sale. You could also post in the Canadian Contingent thread as shipping from other countries tends to be very expensive. If nothing else you will find a ton of Canadians that could either have what you are looking for or point you in the right direction.

3 Likes

You could always look at Kingbrite prices. They’re an alibaba vendor that offers cheap quality lights and you can get a discount if you get them on the phone or chat or whatever.

Just throwing that out there.

2 Likes

Honestly just look around at standard places, saying that probably not to many people selling or the generation of lights they are selling and use of them buying some new options may be a better option when things are around $1-watt

3 Likes

There are good deals to be had second hand kijiji etc but you better know your shit because there are fools selling garbage for very high prices too. :+1:

5 Likes

Or have someone or several someone’s whose brain’s you can collectively pick prior to purchase to make sure you’re not buying garbage! :blush:

I should also say, I don’t know my “light shit”, however if you ask the right folks the right questions and/or search out and read the right threads on here there is a wealth of information at your fingertips. :relieved:

HLG has a section in their drop down menu for refurbished lights. I got a Scorpion Rspec from there and it’s killer. No issues at all!

3 Likes

My bad, sorry was on mobile. I’ll check it out more thoroughly!

1 Like

I would check out the diy led thread. Built 2 lights for a fraction of the cost of a prebuilt, with a little help from OG. It may not be big deal, but I hate buying electronics second hand. Bought a tv once that was infested with roaches, they go to the heat inside the unit. I would hate to get a ballast from an infected grown and have who knows what show up. I highly doubt the meanwell factory has mites, unless the janitor is growing in a closet somewhere. Then again, I temper this statement with… if its sold by an OG I’d buy it. These guys would be kicking themselves harder then yourself if they thought they might of even had a notion of introducing something foul to your grow.

4 Likes

still havent come into the 21st cent yet im still using MH but also using solar for all my elicrtical needs

1 Like