Seed Banks - Who can we trust?

Pues es bien obvio: mira la descripción de Cannalope y dime si tiene el tiempo de floración de una Haze X Michoacán… Cannalope solo es una Cinderella, quizá con algo de Mexican Sativa Sensi Seeds…
Lo mismo ocurre con la descripción de Norstar, y su cruce de puras sativas hispanoamericanas que es 25% indica y se recoge en fin de Septiembre… Como una afgana…
Que si es difícil encontrar una Landrace Mexicana pura?: Estando todo el dia en un club de Amsterdamn si… Has visto la Haze o la Michoacána (y cual de las Michoacanas usa DNA) de DNA?..

Well it’s obvious: look at the description of Cannalope and tell me if it has the flowering time of a Haze X Michoacán … Cannalope is only a Cinderella, maybe with something of Mexican Sativa Sensi Seeds …
The same thing happens with the description of Norstar, or its crossing of pure HispanoAmerican sativas that is 25% indica and is collected at the end of September … Like an Afghani…
What if it is difficult to find a pure Mexican landrace ?: Bein all day in a club in Amsterdam it is imposible… Have you seen Haze or Michoacan (and which of Michoacans uses DNA) of DNA ?.

3 Likes

MiG is right. El dice la verdad. Cannalope is just a Cinderella f2 rip-off. No Haze in it at all, other than what Sensi bred into the Jack Herer that was the mother of Princess (mother of Cinderella). And the Haze Brothers? No one’s seen them since about 1985. I doubt the DNA guys were in diapers yet. The original Haze lines were pure sativas, and pure sativas take 12-22 weeks to mature. Anyone selling a Haze (or any 100% sativa) that matures faster is selling an indica hybrid. It’s really that simple.

Today, the hunt for a “pure Haze” really begins and ends with Mr. Nice. Shanti has kept two of the original Haze lines alive through the years, and sells the Neville’s Haze line that is 75% pure Haze. Oldtimer has a pre-Holland Haze line from the Santa Cruz (Calif.) area that went directly from CA to UK and was not crossed with indica, so it has a special place in my strain library, but is mostly unmanageable indoors, and can only be considered breeding stock. Everything else out there is some indica-laden derivative strain, at best. In the 'Dam, many shops will label anything with +50% sativa heritage as a Haze just to boost sales. Many of today’s seedbanks and breeders do the same.

I’m not opposed to Haze hybrids. But I don’t like deception, or changing the name of a strain and calling it your own. So, yeah, I question the quality and veracity of claims made by those “breeders” who do.

-b420

12 Likes

I understand what you mean bro. All the shit they have is tainted with that afgani. But i feel getting into that is too technical for people just looking for good geneticsXD cant complain about some cannalope haze thoughXD hahaha

2 Likes

Mr nice is by far my favorite. Just cant bring my self to rip open that pack of nevils hazeXD i also have that oldtimers haze from ace. Cant wait for those to come out.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with Cannalope Haze, except it should be called Cinderella. Or at least “DNA’s Cinderella”. Think of all the winemakers who make Merlot. Do they change the name of the grape used in their wine just to sound original? No. They make “their Merlot” and put their brand on the label, so consumers can differentiate their version of Merlot from others’. I don’t see why cannabis breeders can’t do the same. It would be so much better for the customer, and ultimately, for the breeders that bred the “best” versions of these strains. Re-naming strains is deception that hides the poor skills and practices of third-rate seed producers.

-b420

14 Likes

Royal Queen seeds check out there website

A joint of Auto-Haze “a tu salud”… je, je…

Oldtimers Haze probablemente sea la Haze mas pura y autentica del mercado, mostrando colores como el purpura, azulado, plateado, que se comentaba que daba la Haze original, aparte del verde/dorado.
Oldtimer eligió a Chalie Garcia aka KAIKI ( fundador de ACE y CannsBioGen) para que preservara y mejorara su Haze, que era muy variable en potencia, sabor, etc…
Kaiki de CannaBioGen elimino los ejemplares hermafroditas y los menos potentes, incluso separando genotipos (Purple, Green, etc).

OldTimers Haze Cannabiogen by ESTAI

9 Likes

Pues si mentir diciendo que un híbrido de otro criador es una nueva variedad 100% Sativa (HazeXMichoacan!!!) es “algo demasiado técnico” para ti no entiendo como puedes lanzarte a recomendar ciertos Bancos…
Tampoco te comento sobre otros de tus recomendados (Dutch Passion, Dinafem, Humboldt, Norstar, Bodhi) si no te interesa…

Hey, @lotus710, te he dicho todo esto porque me caias bien: a la gente que no conozco he decidido dejarles que hablen de sus Landraces de Alaska y Grecía y La Antartida, que digan que Green Crack de Humboldt es una Sativa de California, o que recomienden Green House o World of Seeds…

Well if to lie saying that a hybrid of another breeder is a new variety 100% Sativa (HazeXMichoacan !!!) is “something too technical” for you I do not understand how you can launch yourself to recommend certain Banks …
Nor do you comment on other of your recommended (Dutch Passion, Dinafem, Humboldt, Bodhi,…) if you are not interested …

Hey, @lotus710, I’ve told you all this because I liked you: with the people I do not know I have decided to let them talk about their Alaskan Landraces and Grecia and Antarctica, let them say that Humboldt’s Green Crack is a California Sativa, or recommend Green House or World of Seeds …

2 Likes

I’m 110% with you on all that renaming shit…
Ds

1 Like

@hempmex, @Viva_Mexico, preparaos que vamos para allá el “OG Landraces Hunters Team”: iremos a buscar landraces por la Sierra de Sinaloa con nuestras gorras de béisbol y chalecos antibalas con el emblema " Landraces Hunter" verdes a juego… Nos han dicho que cuando lleguemos allá “nos van a meter para el cuerpo” una Landrace muy buena que y que se llama “Cuerno de Chivo’s Plomo”… La conocéis?

2 Likes

HERE HERE :+1::clap:

4 Likes

Es que los Haze Bross eran amigos de los padres de los DNA y escondían en sus pañales sus semillas haze más preciadas… Je…

It is that the Haze Bross were friends of the parents of the DNA and they hid in their diapers their most precious haze seeds … Je …

2 Likes

HERE HERE:+1::clap:

Get the same with dog breeders too, selling history , selling the dogs from pedigrees, names of the dogs before them not from their own merits and hard work.

There are purists, hard workers, enthusiats, then there are lazy, copy cat, money orientated mongers :rage:

5 Likes

No hablaras de los criadores de perros de Lineas de Belleza? Porque esos son tan malos como los de cannabis que estamos comentando…
Las lineas de Perros de Trabajo son otra cosa…

Do not talk about the breeders of dogs of Beauty Lines? Because those are as bad as the cannabis we are talking about … The Lines of Working Dogs are something else …

3 Likes

Bueno, si dicen hay sativas ( como algunas de montaña) con genotipos que pueden bajar de 12 semanas (Highland SouthAfrican Ciskei, Nepal Highland, Durban Poison, “Sativas de Islas Canarias Occidentales o Cabo Verde”, Durban Poison…)
Pero estoy de acuerdo contigo con la Haze; no solo eso: no creo que la Haze original pueda bajar de las 16 semanas de floración…

3 Likes

Hostia puta, primos!!! Que la Sinaloa Cuernos de Chivo’s Plomo no era lo que pensábamos: echa humo, si, pero no del que se fuma…
…Mejor hacemos como los de Green House y limitamos el radio de acción de nuestra búsqueda de landraces a los pacíficos invernaderos del Hispanistan, o como Bodhi compramos cripa o narcohibrido en alguna playa turistica de México; no, primos?..

1 Like

Yeah nowadays you have to really hunt for anything that resembles a true haze or true “roadkill” skunk. When those strains made it to Holland, the Dutch bred to the sweeter side of everything so that definitely did not help. Buy a pack of skunk #1 or white widow or NL5 from certain Dutch seed companies and you just get a pretty watered down version of those strains with no smell hardly. Or you have people like Crop King who just f2 other breeders work and sell it as the original. Shitty…

5 Likes

@MiG They ruined the Presa here in UK by attempting to make it a beuty competition animal. Many breeders jumped on tha band wagon by selling them as working dogs when they were many generations away from working dogs, and would not work if required too :wink: difference between dogo canario and perro de presa canario :wink:

Its the same with everything some people see an opportunity of fast cash with out putting in the hard work, and selling using name or branding of someone else’s hard work. (Copy Cats).

How baudelaire said it about grapes, officially here we have to name like that for kennel club. The name of the breeder, followed by dogs name followed by at (new kennel or your name here). Making it easy for peole to understand.

Confusion is good for marketing purposes only, not for furthering things for the better, gentics wise, educationally wise etc.

6 Likes

Shit, If they like the Presa Canario to Beuty, why not directly buy Dogo Canario?

It’s like to buy a Checoslovaquian/East Germany work G.S., or a D’Cochise Mali, to be the children’s pet…

2 Likes