Seed popping?

Gonna try some autos and coco for the first time. May be a recipe for disaster. Popping Ice Cream Cake and Glue Goo, from a local shop and GG from GC this weekend.

2 Likes

GG4s, Jack, and Skywalker.

Red Solo Cup!..You fill me up!..Let’s have a party!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Update Jan 3rd ******
I have 3 waving :)…I usually just move the seeds with taproots from wet paper towel to soil and let the rest continue, but we were going away for 4 days, which would have been too much time in paper towel, so moved everything early. It’s going to gake a while for the other 9 I think.

4 Likes

Currently have

1 x Chem91
1 x BOG Bubble
1 x Bubba Whip

Soaking…:seedling:

2 Likes

Seedlings being sexed…

2 Likes

I started my next breeding project with;
Ice Cream Cake #5 S1 fem
Ice Cream Cake #98 reg
Tropicana Cookies S1 fem (I’m assuming since they’re S1)
Mendocino Purps reg
White Cherry Truffle fem (I think)
100 Hand Slap reg
UBC Chemo reg
Ice Cream Cake #5 x Black Candyland reg
Malana Landrace reg
Goji OG F2 reg

Plan is to cull males, reverse the ICC 98 and pollinate the rest with the female pollen. Come out of it with ICC 69 F1 and more ICC fem crosses. I don’t really trust making an S2 of my ICC 5 by reversing it a 2nd time, feel like the genetics might start to get unstable or something if I keep going so my solution is to mix the ICCs and get an F1 instead

7 Likes

I started a fourple of Hubbabubbasmelloscope from Mephisto, which is their auto bubblegum. I’ve run it once before and it was quite tasty.

2 Likes

When you guys pop seeds indoors, and you move to soil, and you get a few waving at you, how close do you run your lights at that point?

I always worry they’re not close enough, and the babies are getting leggy. They turn out ok, but I always worry about this…

1 Like

I fussed about that too but my worries were greatly alleviated when I got a cheap lux meter.
Once the guess work is removed then you can focus on what’s a little different.

Cheers
G

I only dropped one (BobBitchen Chernobyl) but my dad just dropped like 9 beans (3 ea PBB bx, Gorilla Butter and one called Blue Dice)

1 Like

Great idea!
And for those of us with smart phones, there’s THIS option :slight_smile:

I’ll try it out tomorrow if I get a few secs…

Lob

1 Like

Thought I would start off 2023 with a few beans!

and some…

3 Likes

Moving these 7 under some real light.
5 more to go from this batch.

4 Likes

When they are in solo cups, I keep them pretty far from the light. I don’t worry about maxing it out at all, I just want them to have actual light and a good environment to grow roots.

I always feel like they’re getting “leggy”…but they always turn out fine. Have to learn to ignore that. They’re maybe 4" tall at this point, second set of leaves.

You can bury them deeper when you transplant to sink down the legginess a little bit, but yea, if they started to flop over I’d move them closer.

2+ wks. later…bag seed was male and culled… Vietnam Black is still unknown, Dominators, 1 male so far.

2 Likes

Trying out a new light recipie With the Texada and The SourBluetooths tossed in some lights that were collecting dust the little ones are freaking out about it and blowing up.I had one of those giant bottles of Clonex solution seedling and clone I had around for a year and I’ve been hitting them every third watering with the solution 8ml to 2 quarts of water evenly distributed to all plants.I never put my seedlings in any fertilizer fed soil now I cook a batch for two weeks while these guys grow up then I transplant as soon as I see the twisty leaf thing go on into the cooked soil.These guys are starting to tell me transplant please will be going in bigger pots tomorrow I don’t have nutrient problems any more and water always ph to 6.3.only burn I get these days is occasionally some sulpher burn from PM IPM which those leaves get plucked anyway.

5 Likes

4 Stuck in Plain Sight auto regs in 2 cups. Popped 5 but 4 were boys and became worm food. 5th still isn’t sexed so popped 5 more. Planning to cut the bottoms outta the cups and put em outside. Currently 12/12.

Unsexed plant and an empty pot ready for a cup or 2. Heavy rain here in the Bay.

Also have a Diesel Tree fem in a cup. Gonna let her flower in the cup. She’s also 12/12.

Edit:

3 Likes

Could you possibly obtain pollen of this ?

1 Like

Ice Cream Cake #5 S1 fem x Ice Cream Cake #98 reg sounds great as an F1.

1 Like