Seed purchases - labeling - the buyer experience

Appreciated buddy.

Yeah the code of credits … initially very simple but so complicated today ^^ The F3 males were nicely selected, and from a line preserved. I’m all for the legendary Canadian humility but … it’s gonna play a role i’m forced to mention for transparency. This is possible because yes, you maintained the line, but specifically because you represent also in this F3 pollen a know-how that is vanishing more that you look like to consider : decent and qualitative selection of males.

I just checked on GLG to don’t say shit, and you use the old code in your descriptions ^^ I’m preaching a converted.

Sometimes indicating what weed you can smoke all day long during months … help, as stupid that it is.

As the customer i still, i will remind trought the big mess of the actual market that I’ve to push the SHSC Coastal Blueberry. Because this post on “labeling” and transparency lol I was a bit fan of the NLs of Atomix in bonus. The thing i don’ know, it’s if you’re considering this line as the pinnacle of your up-to-date momentum.

I’m sure you see my point.

1 Like

Really appreciate that perspective. And really appreciate your work.

My post was meant to provide a perspective on how innocent business-decisions can sometimes lead to mistrust.

Although I appreciate artistic expression in packaging and was always an album cover guy, I think to me, consistency is more important than artwork or marketing.

Keep the labeling as consistent as possible, even if it’s fairly generic. -And you’re right, it’s what comes out of the foil-pack or baggie that matters most.

-again - what do I know? :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Right on @Longtooth , I agree! I don’t sell seed but I send lots out worldwide. I’ve graduated from colorful labels on mylar bags (trying to emulate the modern market) to no frills, minimalist flips that have the pertinent info clearly displayed. It’s a homemade flip and washer sandwiched between two stickers to form a seed-a-roni, or wonton if you prefere. Lighter then a conventional flip, you can fit up to 7 or 8 in one envelope and still be under our 30 gram limit for one stamp.

:v::canada:

13 Likes

Efficient. Works well. Can be easily repurposed at low cost. This is the way!

6 Likes

I can attest, because I have no fewer than four of those! :fire:

5 Likes

Same opinion, the most important is there.

1 Like

Im not surprised to see them recycling packaging. Packaging is a massive cost for companies that most consumers dont even think about. The same seed count as the promo did make me raise an eyebrow tho. Perfectly normal for you to wonder.

I try to give trust until proven otherwise. Lots of good people in the world, especially within the growing community.

1 Like

Interesting question I had to ponder for a bit before replying.
I don’t really see a pinnacle in my work. I have goals with certain plants and seed lots but as a whole, I can’t envision anything I am doing as “pinnacle achievements”. I feel that way because I am merely a keeper of genetics that took so many other hands for them to be in my posession. The Coastal Blueberry is a fine example of that and I would not have had the seeds to work the line at all if it were not for the keeper before me passing them on. He did his own work with the line before me and so did the keepers of these genetics before him. So I am just one link in the chain… the goal is to bring it forth to the community and get it out there for others to enjoy. So to reach a pinnacle with any line… I suppose if I ever bring one of the lines I have worked and not released to a point where I am truly satisfied I can improve it no more… that might meet the definition of reaching a pinnacle.

The Coastal Blueberry was released because so many folks I know personally were craving solid outdoor blueberry here in BC and especially in the interior where many of the older clone onlies or IBL seed lines BC was famous for, have disappeared. I also felt that due to grower feedback over the concurrent seed lots made each year , that it was worthy of dropping in today’s market. This after seeing over countless threads and posts on the forums I drop in on that people are still seeking real deal blueberry despite the plethora of “blueberry” offerings in today’s seed market. I felt that this line truly expresses what growers seek… hardy, vigorous plants that deliver true , ripe natural fruit blueberry aromas and terps.
I may continue the work to try and achieve higher ratios of true blueberry plants per seed lot but then again… I think in it’s current form this line offers something special for those who just like to grow tasty potent weed and possibly for those who like to make thier own seeds and are hunting for some solid parents… which has been done by a few OG’s already :wink:
I am rambling so will stop here. LOL but no… I don’t envision any pinnacles when I look at what the future brings except maybe if I could legally sell my seeds in the Canadian “legal” market which is a hurdle that has proven mostly impossible under the current licensing regime. I envy Karma and the atmosphere he is now able to operate in… maybe one day LOL

7 Likes

Maybe the transliteration don’t work for this, it’s asking more about the weed-zeitgeist, at the moment the question is asked. Than really with a finality in mind.

Typically which weed you put the more on the table (this season or atm), of the menagerie.

1 Like

if on the table you mean by which is the line I most want to get out there or that I think the highest of of my work that is currently availlable?? I don’t really think I have any “one” that I put on the table more than others.
I released some stuff this 420 and none of it was related to coastal blueberry. Instead I wanted to bring two of other favorites to the table… the long valley royal kush and the ogkb 2.0 lines. In my personal smoking stash, these two lines are consumed daily… and I will not be without them hehe. I really felt that they need to be shared and so I made them the focus of my work this year. Where I will go next… still pondering that while I spend the summer growing season just growing and not so much worried about making any selections or pollinations.

2 Likes

@Longtooth You sound as happy as I was once when I bought GDP regular seeds. After months of growing I discovered: 1. These are autos
2. These are feminized.
I buy regular seeds so i won’t have to buy them anymore. Needless to say that vendor will NEVER SEE MY MONEY AGAIN.

1 Like