Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 Jungle Spice - Give Away Has Ended

Do I have to hump my mailman leg again to get in this ban wagon

7 Likes

I have a spare pack of skunk 91 I can send

6 Likes

Great info on this thread for sure!!!
Wow, people still take seed runs past F1? I thought that was a legend placed in myth lol j/k.
Just take a look at Strainly, or even a lot of American seed breeding companies today.
Everything is a femmed plant (O.G. gas-based no doubt likely) thats been treated to to produce pollen, then laid on another “cut of the month” cultivar. Boom!! work done!!
Apparently, no further work is needed after this process.

Its nice to see people still trying to do things right. Doing them the hard way, not cutting corners.
Respect to @lefthandseeds

12 Likes

Yeah everything being feminized isnt great. As it gains more popularity, which it is bc its easy and keeps plant counts down. It will become more important to have breeders like lefthand around to keep things going.

5 Likes

No though that would be a sight :stuck_out_tongue: You should be hearing from @Craigson15 shortly :wink:

6 Likes

For sure man. I think in the fast paced genetics markets of today, line breeding isn’t profitable. For one thing, if you want to invest the time into a strain, it should be worthwhile. TBH I don’t think most people feel like many of the deep polyhybrids are special enough to spend time stabilizing. Hype strains and fads are part of our world now. But how many of those have had real work put into them vs how many are just circulated as clones. Clones will come and go, and they’ll entertain some fascination until the next new thing emerges. But when you find that strain that makes you feel like you’d be pretty bummed if you could never have it again, that’s the time to start an adventure. And hell, with everything that’s out there, you better feel that way, because you’re going to be growing it quite a bit.

For me, jungle spice is special and worth my time. It breeds into things well, but it really doesn’t need anything else. It’s heavy on some pretty unique terps, and very frosty. It’s everything I want for a daytime strain.

I know there’s going to be a ton of variation in the F2s. I hope everyone gets to experience the jungle spice that I’ve known, but if not, continuing it into an IBL will ensure that someday that will be possible… And I find that to be pretty damn cool. :metal:

22 Likes

Well put. I know eventually I’ll find a strain that I’ll want to preserve forever too. Also without selective generational breeding we wouldn’t have many of the all time legend strains that still stand out today, widows, skunks etc

5 Likes

IIRC, in one Jorge C’s books he has a breeding chapter at the back, written by another author. In there it’s mentioned that a lot of (non-cannabis) flower & veg seed breeders never release parents or F1 stock, only F2 or later, to protect them & minimize copy-cats. Anyone else read that bit?

:thinking:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

It’s been years since I’ve read any of his books, but it sounds right to me. I think alot of the well known breeders made their whole brands based on having a couple special cuttings.

3 Likes

I’d think that IBLs are what aren’t released to the public. F2s in my opinion should never be sold as a strain, and usually anything F4 and beyond can be easily reproduced because minimal numbers are required because of good uniformity in the seed population.

Once a strain is stable (inbred enough to show minimal variation), then it’s easily reproduced. F1s are typically released because the F2 generation will have much worse uniformity. So you usually need to work the line for a few more generations. Also it’s been said that the F1 gen can display hybrid vigor, which is gone once it is inbred to F2.

10 Likes

Im on my strain preservation hunt as well. :grinning::grinning:

Or that’s atleast what I tell my wife.

12 Likes

Once I start working some lines I may write to pick your brain in the future. I’m trying to (slowly) put together a legitimate grow space that will be large enough to do some work and do it right.

Gonna be another fun year!

peace

4 Likes

JS packages are in the mail to Canadians.
Cheers

13 Likes

Hey. I’m at present just trying to get enough stash to keep me from spending money. I will hopefully be getting another, taller cabinet to mod and add an f-strip build likely…led gardener’s f-strip builds

5 Likes

Thanks for the link! That’s a very cool place to get your feet wet. I haven’t done any LED yet, but wouldn’t mind adding them for supplemental and to be able to customize my spectrum at the end of flowering.

Peeps around here will get you up to speed real fast. Less is usually more when it comes to growing, so relax and just lear patience and you’ll be smoking your own buds real soon!

peace

3 Likes

Great list! I have way more strains than I think I can keep long term. But I only really like probably 5-10% of what I’ve grown. So if I think I can preserve 15 strains over the long haul, that means I need to try around 150-300 strains, right? :yum:

Maybe not the way my wife sees it either…

13 Likes

lmao! Probably not, huh?

5 Likes

@lefthandseeds haha I’m with ya. I have trouble finding phenoms I’m pleased with as well. From my current hunt I hope to end with 6 mothers from 25 strains and 139 plants… and I think I’m being wishful when I say 6 hahah

I don’t have a problem… I have a passion hahahahha. I’ll try that next time she bugs

6 Likes

I received a lovely gift in the post today! I am full of gratitude, and thankful there is a community like this with such awesome members :grinning:

Thank you!

11 Likes

+1 awesome stuff and mad props. I am torn now and will have to figure out which way line to pursue. It is a nice torment tho. :wink:

Editors note- I find no description for the blank ones. 4/6/19 hyperlinked IBL project

8 Likes