Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 Jungle Spice - Give Away Has Ended

Thanks amigo. If it doesn’t get better, I’ll just drop back to the 321 formula to finish out the grow. I’ll take what I’ve learned this time and try again another grow. Unfortunately, I don’t have a lot of time to pay close attention and tweak a new formula right now. But I’ve learned some things and I’ll try it again next time.

After some reflection, I think the main problem is that the maxicrop soluble kelp isn’t doing what I want it to do. I have found it depositing on surfaces of my reservoir, and I’ve noticed some drop in EC after a little while. This might need to be removed from the solution.

In the past, I’ve had good results with 2-1-3 to 2-1-4 formula in flower, and a 3-1-2 in veg. I might go back to those. I have also seen many recommendations for Ca:Mg ratios, but with LEDs, I always seem to have the least trouble with a 2:1 ration and a 1:1 N:Ca ratio. Also, boosting S in bloom seems like a good idea, so more epsom and potassium sulfate seems like it should work out well. After some hydrobuddy-ing, here’s what I’ll be moving to in bloom:

BLOOM 2-1-3-2-1-1.5 (N-P-K-Ca-Mg-S)
Roughly 10 gallons:
25g Peters 5-11-26
25g Calcinit
17g Epsom
2-4g Potassium Sulfate

Turns out, it’s the veg targets are slightly harder to hit. The usual Jacks/Peters 3-2-1 is OK for veg, so no real need to mess with it. But, what the hell. Next go around, I’ll hit the 3-1-2 NPK with lower sulfur numbers. This happens by using mag nitrate and ammonium nitrate.

VEG 3-1-2-2-1-0.75 (N-P-K-Ca-Mg-S)
20g Peters 5-11-26
25g Calcinit
14g Ammonium Nitrate
11g Mag Nitrate
8g Epsom

8 Likes

Well you’re ahead of the class… :nerd: AND me!

I’m about to post a “Year In Review” thread.

:evergreen_tree: :spy:'s are everywhere! :scream:

3 Likes

Another hot seed run. Gotta put myself on the list for these as well.
Thank you @lefthandseeds and everyone eles.

5 Likes

The more the merrier! Keepin’ the 'spice alive!

3 Likes

Whew. I just got back to my plants again. It’s been a crazy couple months, and I’m ready for things to quiet down for a bit so I can spend more time working on my grows. Bear with me while I attempt to fix the neglect of the past few weeks. The good news is that we’re probably only about 3 weeks out from mature seeds, so all should be well.

Two of the JS look pretty good, with some minor spotting. Two look pretty bad, one with interveinal chlorosis, and the other two with yellowing top leaves. Both black domina look great, no complaints. Deep chunk is looking pretty decent as well.

Today, I ran them on a flush schedule. Dumping the entire reservoir over them over the span of about an hour. The runoff EC was high (~2.3) but really not as bad as I expected. I’ll refill with a formula I know is OK, at 1.8EC and increase the amount of runoff.

8 Likes

JS

JS

BD

JS

BD

DC

JS

And here’s some intimate pictures of the seed babies developing.

16 Likes

Hello,
Can I be added to the seed list if possible?
Cheers!
Tommy

3 Likes

Day 53 of flower

…producing Jungle Spice x Jungle Spice

…producing Black Domina (pictured) x Jungle Spice

…producing Deep Chunk (pictured) x Jungle Spice

Changes in the plants are slow at this point, as I’m sure most of the energy is going toward producing healthy seeds. It’s just a waiting game for the next few weeks, while I watch the seeds plump and brown. These gals are packed, and are the future moms to many good times.

Pheno comments – 3/4 JS moms have the spicy, piney and citrusy smell I’m used to. Interestingly, the squattier pheno has a bright, fruitier scent. The black dominas both have a plum/blackberry smell to them. They’re exceptionally hearty, tolerant plants, showing little signs of problems from the nute abuse the other plants took. Without being loaded down with seeds, they look like they would yield very well. Excited to see what the smoke is like… The deep chunk is also interesting. It has a much richer stank, like burned tobacco or an ash tray.

26 Likes

Day 62… tick tock tick tock. Plants don’t look any different. Just playing the waiting game.

4 Likes

I am seriously ready for the back to the Future pizza cooker, but for plants. Throw in seeds, set timer for 2 min… Ding. Done. LMAO. I hate the waiting game, I have 0… absolute zero patience. That’s why my room got filled up with autos waiting on the heri seeds to get here :/.

Maybe I can grow some patience this go round too… Lmao

5 Likes

Oh man these sound interesting! Thanks for doing what you do @lefthandseeds!

fr0g_D

4 Likes

Wow great stuff @lefthandseeds taking the time so others can enjoy your favourite strain. Very commendable.

I just read the lineage of then strain and it sounds very interesting with the mix of African sativa and hash plant.

Could I be added to the list if possible?

Peace

Bonged

4 Likes

Definitely @Bongedtobits, I think the top-level post is editable. Feel free to add yourself!

6 Likes

Looking great as always man. Sativa hybrids are my personal favorite, never trying bohdi before I sure would like to add my name to your roster of receiving parents to some of these soon to be wonderful babies!

2 Likes

Added you to the list in the 1st post

3 Likes

It’s heating up now! Nice black domina, a friend ran that strain commercially for years and you’re right it’s super hardy.

Personally, I always found it too ‘sleepy’ of a buzz, but it yielded like crazy and was a real head pounder lol

Never tried jungle spice, but pine and citrus = yes so I’m signing up!

6 Likes

(looks at watch… taps foot)

:sleeping:

A few seeds getting brown, but still a lot of greenies.

7 Likes

Yeah hurry this shit up… I’m tapping my foot too :heart:

2 Likes

What are your air temps & RH? I’m wondering if dryer & cooler may accellerate or even the opposite?

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

I keep my house at 65, and the humidity has been pretty low cuz winter in Colorado. Usually my basement is around 40-50%, but it might have been lower this past week. I hung a plant on Monday, and it’s already pretty dry.

8 Likes