Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 SSDD -- GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED!

:point_right: :family_man_woman_girl_boy:

especially this guy’s family!

:laughing:

…but not the OG family. 'dey pritta coo

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

No kidding, my sister always stole nugs out of my stash. She probably would do it now if she had the chance… She tried growing a plant once, but chopped it immediately once flower even remotely started forming.

I’ve only heard of that happening over drugs like cocaine, not with cannabis. That really happens where you are? Are you north or south of the equator?

4 Likes

Capitol of sunny Calif., UsA. :sunglasses: the home invasion murders are less common but still happen. it’s about larger qtys usually too.

6 Likes

I’ll let you know if it ever happens to me.

Damn straight! :slight_smile:

Now for what everyone wants to see!!! The stem rub is coming up as a mild chemy funk with hints of lavender soap, which sounds weird, but it’s magical :rainbow: The trichomes are really starting to come on strong and the seeds are getting big enough to start splitting the calyxes.

22 Likes

there was a hashmaking thread on breedbay where a few of the older members said that adding a little bit of pollen to their pressed dry sift hash was the secret in their recipe. they said the pollen gave it a texture that was easier to work with, and made the smoke ‘more creamy’.
I’m not sure how common it is. I know they use some male pollen in lebanese hash. I remember reading a study of cannabis potency from the 1960’s which compared the potency of male and female plants from different cannabis producing regions around the world. I think the potency topped out at around 12%, and the study found the lebanese male plants had the highest cannabinoid content of any of their test samples. I think at that time they would have taken flower, leaf and stem, homogenized them, and tested that, so the results would skew to a much lower cannabinoid content than modern testing where the sample is usually trimmed and dried flower. that makes it kind of hard to draw any conclusions from it, other than the possibility that male leaves and stems may contain a higher concentration of cannabinoids than leaves and stems on female plants.

edit/continuation- I tried smoking male flowers once, and based on that I probably wouldn’t try it unless I had a male that was actually producing resin.

7 Likes

Agreed, I’ve done the same thing and it mostly produced a headache.

9 Likes

I spotted the beginnings of powdery mildew tonight, so I cranked up the fan and dusted everything with powdered sulfur, increased the temperature up to 85°F and turned the dehumidifier to 45%. This should both kill the spores and and dry out the hyphae.
Based on the maturity of the seeds, I believe we’re about 2 weeks from harvesting plump brown seeds.

16 Likes

Looking like you could be in for some heavy leaf frost in the not to distant future!

7 Likes

What was the humidity sitting at before you spotted the PM?

4 Likes

It was about 75% day/ 85% night and 74°F.

Update edit: just sliding this in here, had to replace another burnt out connector on one of the Solstrip LED rail systems. I need to remember to find a better connector solution.

5 Likes

thats sex sweat numbers

8 Likes

IIRC, humidity should be somewhere around 35-45% in the flowering stage. Only time it’s somewhat high is the seedling stage, and then tapers down. Same as natural environment, humidity levels drop during fall and winter because cooler air holds less moisture.

10 Likes

I plucked a single small bud a few days ago and separated the seeds so we could see if they’re ready.

I also hung some seeds up to germinate so we’re sure that even the lightest ones pop.

21 Likes

Would a mix of compost/worm tea be of any benefit at this stage in the game?

3 Likes

The sulfur powder, reduced humidity and increased temperature seem to have eradicated it for now. We’re only a couple weeks from harvesting seeds so I’m not too worried.

12 Likes

Just a random seed I plucked off one of the flowers. Do we think they’re ready for harvesting?

16 Likes

THAT seed is. :smile:

:joy:

11 Likes

Ya buddy do some spot checks here and there say ten random picks and see what % is looking like the beauty in your hand!

5 Likes

I realized after posting that I had previously said they needed a few weeks. I’m going to go ahead and give them the 2 weeks, then spot test them. No such thing as an “over mature” seed. :wink:

12 Likes

I would like to say 1 week I find myself that over maturing seeds sometimes makes the seeds shells split,

that one on the top really looks good to go

If in a future you are down for a a trade let me know :grin:Happy harvest !

5 Likes