Seed Run Co-op: bodhi's Good Medicine CBD Blessings Preservation Run (Closed)

Received the pay it forward gift. Thank you @nube for the dedication in growing the plants and @Sebring for spreading the love!!!

5 Likes

Ran them untopped . None of them got taller than 3/4 up the 2x4 tent. Floppiest was the #8 but it still didn’t require support :green_heart:

8 Likes

Here’s a few harvest pics from last night. These are the Good Medicine F1 moms, taken down at day 63F (from light flip).

Pheno #6 kool aid, jolly rancher, generic sweet red candy smell - could go cherry, could go watermelon, or maybe even something else. Very frosty, greasy resin, great golfball structure. This was the biggest surprise cuz she’s so different looking than her seeded round…which is why I rerun them unseeded. :wink: This one ran from a very small and somewhat unhappy clone in 2gal of soil until week 6 when I added another 4gal to the pot so she would hold enough water while I went out of town. Would love to see what she could do with more veg and soil!

Pheno #5 got a lot chunkier than I thought she would because she’s a short pheno without much stretch. She finished with a weird lime hot chocolate suntan lotion smell, and she started to get a little color at the end as well. Just a tinge of purple on the bud leaves. Greasy resin again. Looks like topping and training will be a big win with this pheno.

Pheno #4 is the last of the photogenic phenos, and she has a cool honeysuckle scent that I don’t think I’ve ever smelled in harvested weed. My neighbors have honeysuckle in their front yard and this smells just like it, but then this has a back end of kinda cheesy funk that has me excited! A little less greasy resin than #5 and #6 but still extremely resinous while also being a little hairy.

A few extra notes. These are actually the seed plants that I flowered out for the open pollination F2, then revegged and cloned and then re-ran in their same pots with no extra soil amendments. I did add some extra un-reamended soil on top at somewhere around week 3 of flowering for all plants but #6 which was in 2gal until week 6ish. You can tell they all wanted a little more food. They got basically no direct wind their whole lives so they all turned out floppy from that and being so lanky from reveg and reflowering. They aren’t floppy if they get good air movement in veg and early flower.

I’ll try to have smoke reports by the end of October when they’ve had time to dry and cure and be vaped/smoked a few times. Plus, I have the KOH needed to do the simple CBD testing, so that will happen. Promise!

:peace_symbol:

:rainbow:

28 Likes

:drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face: rainbow surprise :fire::fire:

4 Likes

Awesome update :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

Can you tell me what KOH means and how you do simple CBD testing? I have some genetics from Hoku Seed Co that will produce varying levels of cannabinoids and I’d love to know how to do these simple tests. Thanks!!:pray:t3:

2 Likes

KOH is Potassium Hydroxide, it is a strong base often used in soap making. It is usually mixed with denatured alcohol (5% by weight) and used as a reagent to test for CBD. Look up “Beam’s Test” for more details.

Edit: Here is a post I made demonstrating it.

15 Likes

@nube those all look beautiful! Looking forward to that smoke report but all these descriptions have me really jazzed, nice work!

1 Like

Thanks to @ReikoX for giving you the deets, and here’s also the rest of your question. KOH is lye that’s used in old timey lye soap. Here’s the thread at RIU that discusses exactly how to do the Beam’s Test for CBD and quite a bit more complex tests as well:

As Reiko’s post calls out, something to remember is that the Beam’s Test won’t tell you how much CBD is in whatever’s being tested, but you may be able to get a relative guesstimate idea based on the brightness of the color, especially if you have a tested CBD sample from a dispo to compare to. If you want percentages or anything more than “yes, this has CBD in it,” you need to get it formally tested at a lab. And then you have to trust that they haven’t tweaked the dials, which they’ve all been known to do a lot these days in the race for ever higher numbers that have nothing to do with actual quality.

11 Likes

To be clear I got this :laughing: The seeds are made and in the hanging plants. Still need shelling and drying?

CRS minds need to know :older_woman:

:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

lol no, and I’m sorry that was a little confusing.

These plants just harvested last night were the original F1 plants grown from seed that already created the F2 that I sent out. I then revegged them after harvesting the F2 seeds because I lost the clones from all but 1 from before they made seeds.

After they revegged, I then took another round of clones, made sure those all rooted, and then flowered out the same revegged plants again. The pics are of the revegged, reflowered plants harvested last night, unseeded. :wink:

There are no new GM F2 seeds made this round, but there are some seeds leftover from the original F2 run!

:rainbow:

14 Likes

Got it! I showed I had some received from you already. Just brain dead today. Too much going on in the world of weed here :grin:

:green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes

@nube
Hot Damn Son! I hope I can have plants like that when I grow up! I’ll be trying my hand at these very soon. Mine came all the way from Spain! Lol!
Beautiful work as usual. You’re an inspirational cat you are!

Blessings…

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

8 Likes

:pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3:

4 Likes

I dunno how I missed this comment, but next time we’ll make sure you don’t have to go to all that trouble! :slight_smile: Best of luck my friend.

10 Likes

These look awesome, still haven’t had the chance to run a cbd strain. Hopefully I’ll get some from sebring. Thanks for making these available to the community!

4 Likes

any way i can get my hands on them :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

So after around 12 or 13 days hanging, I started trimming, bucking, and jarring. Got through three plants so far and looked at the other two. Here’s a few notes.

Pheno #6 is like non-citrus tropical fruit that’s fermenting. Because I’m a kid at heart and cuz I think dick & fart jokes are hilarious, I laughed a lot when my gf described this one’s smell as “soursop with fermenting farts.” Gassy, indeed…and so easy to trim. What a joyful surprise this plant was! The buds are centerfold quality…now let’s see if I can get some decent pics of her! Hope she smokes as good as she looks & smells.

Pheno #1 is LOUD roast beef with some heavy stinky petroleum products in there, maybe diesel. That one came out of nowhere. I think it’s silly calling things fuely or diesel or whatever cuz I never smell anything that smells like real fuel out of the pump, but this was pretty close. I’m sad I didn’t grow this one better, cuz it smells like maybe it could have been something special. We’ll see about the smoke.

Pheno #5 is chocolate and coffee with something else, something herbal. The buds didn’t shrink hardly at all, but they’re light as a feather. It’s like styrofoam weed. Not fluffy, definitely dense, but just no weight. I love it! Total jar filler. Hope the smoke’s killer! :wink:

Pheno #4 is the one I’m calling el Pelo Gordo cuz it’s got such a dense layer of rusty red hairs. It reminds me of some weed I got in Santa Cruz in the fall of 1993. This one smells of eucalyptus & melon & nuts & cinnamon. Imagine eating a lemon eucalyptus cough drop while drinking horchata. That’s what it smells like. Weird mix, not sure if I like it but definitely interesting.

There’s a lot of variety in smells. We’ll see how long they hold and what they become in cure.

:peace_symbol:

@204medismoke hope you followed the instructions up above to get some of these seeds like @Vagabond_Windy recommended on his 8 Pheno Good Medicine F2 smoke reports thread! :slight_smile:

24 Likes

Wow! Insane that there is so much variation. It’s so interesting to me that all of that can come from one set of seeds. NEAT! Thanks for the update.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s one of the great things about bodhi seed’s crosses. Almost all of his are F1 hybrids and usually from polyhybrids (unless you’re growing his Supernatural Selections or Nierika Seed Trust lines), so you get a lot of variety in phenos for a really low price.

But, like he often says, the magic’s in the F2 treasure chest. That’s why I do these preservations as open pollinations, and then put 20+ seeds in each pack. A pheno hunter’s dream! I actually think that’s a wonderful aspect of popping non-IBL seeds. You never know what you’re gonna get, and much of it is guaranteed to be new and unique to the world. True creations, not derivations.

As he also says, plant more seeds.

:seedling:

28 Likes

Yes!!! So much information in the last couple of posts .

2 Likes