Seed Run Co-op: bodhi's Good Medicine CBD Blessings Preservation Run (Closed)

Sounds simple enough.
Would you say take 2 or 3 cutting of each?
If I get stuck somewhere I’ll be sure to reach out.

6 Likes

Definitely hedge your bet and take more cuts than you need

7 Likes

Last question for now I promise :laughing: will solo cups be big enough or should I go a little bigger

6 Likes

Nope solo cups are perfect, drill holes for drainage. Bonus points if you put the soil/clone in a clear solo cup and then put that in a red solo cup, allows you to check the root development in the clear cup but keep it out of the light which would damage the roots.

7 Likes

Just remember that the age of the plant you take clones from will be the age of said clones in perpetuity, eg if you take clones from a 30-day old plant, those clones will always be thirty days old. So yeah, I’d wait to take clones as long as you can, since we all know that a plant vegged 60 days is gonna perform better than a plant vegged for thirty days. Or whatever.

8 Likes

Nope, nothing like that! Sounds interesting. As for the cold temp drying, it will be 20-50F during the day, and 0-30F at night. I wonder how that will affect things…

I think it’s already been covered by all the helpful overgrowers :slight_smile: , but I’ll respond as well. Definitely take them during veg. I usually do a nice trim a week or two before flower on bushy plants, and use all the side branches that are long but not really “tops” as my clones. You can also take directly from the tops as well, but that will impact your yield unless you let them veg up another 2 weeks after cloning tops.

There are lots of search results for cloning here, so search around a little bit if you need help. I’ve used all the methods, and for me the easiest (I’m lazy) is using fresh aloe (powder mixed with water to make a thick paste would work too) as the rooting hormone and solo cups of my normal recycled dirt mix. Cut, label, smear with aloe leaf like you would a sunburn, use a pencil to make a hole in moist cup of dirt, put clone in, seal dirt at top, stick under very low 24/0 or 20/4 light, keep warm and have some air movement, call it good. I only water the dirt with a misting sprayer when it looks dry and don’t spray the leaves anymore because it didn’t seem to help. I don’t get 100% but I always take multiple clones from each plant and usually don’t care if I lose some.

My IPM spray can be found via this link and description: Seeds From Friends - #229 by nube

Yep, this is good weed for that. You won’t find too many phenos that get you blasted high, but in social situations do you want to smoke and have everybody nodding off like a bunch of opioid addicts? :slight_smile: Doesn’t sound like party weed to me…

I don’t understand this. Are you contending that, once you take clones, the clones don’t mature beyond the age at which you took them no matter how long they’re alive? I’ve never heard that before…and I’m not sure how that could be the case? Would you please expand on that a little bit? My experience is that clones taking in veg still mature and develop flowers when flipped, and conversely, clones taken in flower can still reveg and root and produce new growth.

:seedling: :peace_symbol:
:sun_with_face: :rainbow:

15 Likes

Bring out the frost? :slight_smile: Whoa, that’s chilly! That’s almost a walk-in cooler. My space never gets below 50°F, and rarely, at that. I think I’d be getting Ms Nube to be knitting some little bud sweaters :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yeah, I’ve read that from several different sources. I can’t remember where exactly offhand, as I haven’t read about cloning in a long time, but lemme see if I can find the articles…

2 Likes

This isn’t one of the articles I’ve read before, but it states: “ A clone will always be the same age as the original mother plant.,” although it doesn’t say why that is. Can A Clone Be A Mother Plant Too? – Gardeners By Trade

I’ve gotta eat breakfast and then work out, I’ll look around afterwards and see if I can’t find the original articles/forum posts where I read that.

5 Likes

It’s always the same age because it came from the same seed. It’s the same plant, so it’s the same age. It isn’t in stasis or anything, and you can see that in effect by taking a clone from a plant that isn’t sexually mature yet, and then the cutting and the mother will both mature and you can see the pistils on them in veg.

7 Likes

I don’t know about being the same age. But I think, mostly from seeing my cloning misadventures, that they are of the same maturity… until they are revegged, when they reboot.

If I take a cut from a plant from seed, that is not sexually mature (ie alternating branches), the can stay that way indefinitely… or at least as long I’ve the patience to keep it.

If I take a cut from a mature vegger, it stays that way.

It’s why I’d rather grow from seed than cuts. Those alternating branches are a pita to get into a nice shape, at least for me. :slight_smile:

Ha, that’s probably what you said, lol!

5 Likes

Yeah, you know what? I’m re-reading some of the articles that I was thinking of and I guess I mis-read them. Or they kind of worded it weirdly, anyway. They’re saying things like what I quoted above, that the clones will always be the same age as the mother from which they were taken; I understood that to mean that they’ll always stay that age, but I guess they just meant that a clone taken from a month-old plant will be one month old, a clone taken from a two-month-old plant will be two months old etc etc. Which, DUH. I wonder why they felt the need to even say that. That seems pretty obvious.

Anyway, yeah, my bad. I got confused by the wording. It never made any sense to me, but I’d read it so often (or mis-read it so often haha) that I thought that a clone was in stasis, like you said. Never mind. Carry on.

7 Likes

Not gonna lie, you had me all the way fucked up :joy:

15 Likes

That’s funny. But seriously, why would they word it like that? And in every article I read, too. “The clone will ALWAYS be as old as the mother plant it’s taken from.”? It was the use of the word “always” that got me confused. Obviously, a clone will be as old as the plant from which it’s taken; why throw in the word “always”? Makes it sound like it’ll always be that old. Or it does to me, anyway…

7 Likes

:laughing: certainly not… there’s plent other weed out there to do that with

Apprecite your input here and thanks for the IPM link :slight_smile:
:peace_symbol:

7 Likes

Brilliant!!

:+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

7 Likes

What temp is your room at?

3 Likes

@Sasquatch was good enough to gift me some beans. Here is my hopeful female.

17 Likes

I’d like to say @nube follows VPD as closely as possible. Temps should be 80-85 F with humidity ranging from 70% first few weeks of flower eventually going down to 50% by the last few weeks.
Please correct me if I’m wrong Nube

6 Likes

Like @Vagabond_Windy said, I try to follow VPD as much as possible. I’m in a rental, so my grow is the same temp as the house at lights off. My lights on temp and humidity were 84F / 70% for the last few weeks of veg and first few of flower. Mid flower I go 84F / 60%. Late flower (right now) I am at 78-82F / 50%.

The reason why the temps are a range is because at 50% humidity, the exhaust is working nonstop and the temps are variable based on the temps in the house. At lights off, temps are 60F since that’s what we keep the house at overnight, and humidity is the same as lights on max or lower.

I also figured out that, because my house temps are so low, if my max humidity is set to 70% for VPD in late veg and early flower, that could be a problem if it went to 60F / 70% overnight, so I set my AC Infinity to do a low temp setting of 65F, meaning that if the temps dip below 65F, the exhaust kicks on. In practice, this means that at lights off when it’s cool in the house, the grow gets constant fresh air to try and prevent PM.

That’s a long winded way of saying I’m mostly a follower of VPD with some tweaks to prevent mold. lol

@Brokehoe best of luck! I like the structure already. If you get one of the taller, fast growing phenos, they’re super branchy and really turn into monsters by the end of flower. Make sure to clean up the bottom half of the plants, as this one (like most strains) puts out up top but is fairly thin in shaded areas. It also likes to drop its leaves if they’re not getting light.

17 Likes