Seed Run Co-Op Paonia Purple Paralyzer (Heirloom Preservation) - CLOSED

This PPP has me intrigued, now I’m waiting for everyone else to get their seeds so I can start asking for trades :laughing:
Does elephant tranquilizer live up to its name? Gorilla glue is potent but isn’t really knock out for me, or the people growing it aren’t letting them ripen enough.

5 Likes

There are no seeds. MOTR has them all.

3 Likes

I know :slightly_frowning_face:. There are a few members that have them already, I second heritagefarms suggestion for another run.

5 Likes

I put a lot of time and effort into the first run. Nobody here lost more than I did. It’s a tough pill to swallow, but like Ma used to say, can’t cry over spilled milk.

I expected that eventually they would get distributed, but I’m no longer sure that’s the case. I have sent some seeds to people that I’ve traded with just to try and make sure I’m not the only person holding them.

I have plenty of seeds to do another run, but it’s gonna happen on my time with no promises or guarantees. The line isn’t going anywhere, but I’m not filling my tents with seed runs every time. I did 2 seed runs last year, and my personal herb stash is gonna get pretty close to zero in the next few months because of it. In time, I will do more with them and try to get them distributed more broadly. Of course, anyone that has seeds, please make more and trade them or give them to other folks here if you can.

32 Likes

Damn that sucks, you spend all your time and effort to preserve a line just for it to end in someone else’s hands :pensive:

5 Likes

That is a lot of time and work seen unfulfilled. You deserve to fill your own jars! Someone else may pick up the torch, or at the least some that have them should start growing some out and make some seeds or share pollen others that want to make crosses.

6 Likes

I did send out several packs of pollen after I had enough to fully pollinate the plants. So there are some hybrids floating around out there. And if anybody is chomping at the bit to get their hands on seeds, I will send some – however, with the limited number I have left, needs to be a pretty trusted member willing to make some extras to give people.

That aside, I’ll do work in the line probably mid to late next year. So if that happens, then I’ll start building a bigger stock to circulate. It ain’t going away, it’s just a bump in the road.

16 Likes

I would say I’d be game once I build a stash to hold me over or get another tent, but I don’t have the experience (nor have I built much of a reputation yet) for something so valuable.

3 Likes

Let me know when you’re decided. I think the biggest thing is just finding a motivated individual. In time, it’ll be me again. But for now, I’m wrapped up in growing other things. But the offer remains on the table as long as I still have a comfortable number of seeds left to make sure I can do a good reproduction.

10 Likes

Motivation isn’t the problem lol. I really want to give back to the community as soon as I can, at least with seeds since funds are tight. But I’m half way through flowering my practice plants after a 12+ year hiatus. Then the next two full batches are dedicated to testers for two other members, and I can’t ethically make seeds with those (so there’s my stash :grin:). I’m going to try and practice seed making with some orange goji f2 I have going, if I feel comfortable after that I’ll let you know.

5 Likes

I’ve been gathering some information, and I plan to attempt to pollinate some lowers. I’ve never done it before, so no promises. I’m sure with some guidance from the fine folks here, I can at least make a few seeds. I will also share any extra pollen that I have. I have 7 of them going. It’s luck of the draw from here on out though.

5 Likes

I pollinated a few lower branches this year by taking a cigarette butt and using it as a brush lol if you have enough you can sprinkle it on id do it a few time though so you know it sticks

2 Likes

Lol. I actually quit those things a couple years back.

Ill keep an eye on the pistils. If they don’t brown, I will definitely hit them again.

2 Likes

Qtip works too. You just have to get a grain of pollen on the pistil for a seed.

3 Likes

I’m just seeing this. I have some of the seeds and the pollen as well. Maybe I should drop things and try again. I got all males when I dropped them this summer. Same with the 4P haze. I should restart both. I was just thinking about the PPP for the last few days. I need to re run the 3Way Durban, too. It may have gotten seeded with the male 3Way… I do have seeds but it was the only female.

4 Likes

LOL, don’t know why I am responding to this old thread but for some reason I was interested in some of the back story. I for one am pretty thrilled @lefthandseeds sent some of these seeds out into the world before the lions share went MIA. All the hard work and effort he put in is going to pay off in the end so we all owe him a huge thanks. Man I hope MOTA is ok. Just to add closure to this thread for those who didn’t realize it, PPP is back on the OG menu and seeds will soon be flowing. Well, that’s the plan anyway, so far so good :rofl:

15 Likes

:muscle: teamwork makes the dream work!

16 Likes

Yes sir and one could not ask for a better team than Team OG. Thanks for the guidance and support brother, you made this possible and I am grateful.

12 Likes

A quick update for all of you following this thread. So I am not sure exactly how but my goal is to cover all of the people who signed up for @lefthandseeds run and than add to them. I have chopped 1 main cola off 1 of the 3 plants and produced 847 seeds. Stay tuned folks, your patience is going to pay off soon. What I may do is copy the sign up from here and have all of you confirm on the new sheet if you are still around. There will also be room for many more to sign up but really do want to cover all that are waiting as well.

21 Likes

Great job done Arriba|nullxnull , hope someone from @moderators closes the wiki, as it may be tempting for some people to add themselves as if they had lost the seeds of the original seedrun. I’m sure there will be a bunch but they should respect your priorities … beer3|nullxnull

3 Likes