Seed Run Co-Op Paonia Purple Paralyzer (Heirloom Preservation) - CLOSED

Thanks! I never survived eating last night… I went right out after that.

2 Likes

Imagine that :joy:. we all been there.

1 Like

Anyone hit anything with the triple P pollen yet?

I’m going to dust the NL I got going and maybe a ghash with it

4 Likes

Yeh I put some on a Tranquil Elephantizer remix plant, it’s at 10 weeks now I will leave it another week for them to mature more I pollenated it at 4 weeks of flowering.

Hoping for something good and extra narcotic in it’s effect.

5 Likes

Hey man…this pollen is super clean. I may have asked you in the past, but I cant seem to find the answer.
How did you get your pollen so clean!?!
If I sit there with tweezers and try to pull out every piece of plant matter, I’ll be an old man by the time I get it looking like yours.
Hit me with some knowledge…lol.
Thanks much!

11 Likes

What I do is use my old sonicare toothbrush to knock the pollen out and collect from leaf surfaces. The ultrasonic toothbrush really helps move the pollen off the plant and out of the pods as well. Just touch the backside of the brush around to the different pollen sacs.

Recently, I’ve started using this apparatus as well:

That has a nice screen that allows the pollen to pass through and catches the plant matter. I’ll just put that over a bunch of flowers and then toothbrush the pollen off into that thing.

After that, I dry the pollen really well in my gasketed sterilite tote with a $15 closet dehumidifier.

For less than $80 you can replicate everything I use:

• Gasketed sterilite tote ~$10-15
  • Rechargeable closet dehumidifier $15
  • Sonicare toothbrush or imitation ultrasonic toothbrush (cheapest) $15-30
  • Pollen collector $12
  • mini temperature / humidity sensor $5-10

Most of that setup is useful for hash as well. I dry hash in the box. I use the toothbrush to help with hash collection (good for getting it off of parchment paper). I dry seeds in the box. It’s a pretty multifunctional little kit for me.

24 Likes

That little pollen sifter would be nice to have.

3 Likes

@lefthandseeds
Would I be able to buy those full mesh bubble bags…
Here:

…and be able to do a dry run with the male flowers in a 120 or 90 micron bag and achieve a pretty clean product?
I have a 4’ x 4’ mirror to shake the bag over.
Thanks again!

7 Likes

right on, i have a pack of these coming anytime. glad to hear you did the work.
they’ll be next years outdoors. the flowers look gorgeous.

1 Like

SAME Bags on eBay…$33.00 (including TAX). Stay safe/be well.

2 Likes

I’d really like some of these purple paonia beans was hoping the box would come?

6 Likes

oooh thats a damn good idea! Idk the size of pollen, I’d probably start with a 160 or 220 to be safe and go down from there as you figure it out.

They are in MOTRs hands since the beginning of June. So I think there’s not much to do but wait. I do have some extra stash as backup, but just a couple hundred.

18 Likes

Did these not get sent to Canada distributor @Shadey ? I never got em
Thx

1 Like

No I am waiting on them myself.

1 Like

MOTR has everything.

9 Likes

Might have to consider doing another preservation run with the ones you have when and if you get time, this sounded like the definition of a strain that should be preserved

16 Likes

Yeah this one was a real deal heartbreaker thankfully he sent some pollen out I plan on using some of mine on some NL plants

6 Likes

@Shadey mate , did you get the Tranquil Elephantiser Remix seeds from the preservation run of that strain .?
I know there was a prez run of this one a while ago - just wondering what happened with that one .?! Cheers for any info. . :ok_hand:.
Happy growing ,
Gaz

4 Likes

Hi Gaz, no I got these seeds from someone not connected with OG. I saw that run thread and thought they sounded good, and why I searched them out.

5 Likes