Seed Runs Co-Op Logistics/Cost/OT Discussion Megathread

Awesome :sunglasses: thank you for your time and information setting this all up.

Cool to see the stats on members!

All out of likesā€¦ but I am curiousā€¦how do I tell what trust level I am at??? Thank you! :pray:

4 Likes

If you click on your name in a post, youā€™ll see a badge that indicates basic, member, regular, leader, etcā€¦

A new member is TL0.
ā€œbasicā€ is TL1.
ā€œmemberā€ is TL2.
ā€œregularā€ is TL3.

and so forthā€¦

The number of folk at each higher level decreases as the TL increases, in general.

3 Likes

Okay great. Thank you for the info northern Loki!

I couldnā€™t figure it out ! Was trying for days lol. Must smoke too much :laughing:.

4 Likes

Also there are group lists:

https://overgrow.com/groups/trust_level_0
https://overgrow.com/groups/trust_level_1
https://overgrow.com/groups/trust_level_2
https://overgrow.com/groups/trust_level_3

2 Likes

Maybe add a tier 4 for that, that would be the old tier 3?

5 Likes

My observation is that maybe people didnt quite realize what tier 3 was exactly whenvoting.(even though it was spelled out)
I say this because if limited to tier 3 then even people like you @MomOnTheRun arent even eligible.

3 Likes

Oh, I think I got it wrong. When I looked, the poll was in favour of level 2, I thought that won. :slight_smile:

What do you mean? MOTR is level 4.

3 Likes

Leader is above Regular.

Quite a bit above, if you look at the requirements.

3 Likes

I think not to mess up the levels just for seed runs is a good point, so is regulars should actually be regulars (ie. active).

I think we could

• have a badge that is given once ā€œregularā€ status is given for the first time and is not revoked (unless as punishment for DDoS script kiddies)
  • base access to seed runs on that badge
  • maybe have another way to include newer members in seed runs
  • leave regular status as it is (ie. it is lost if you are not active any longer)
5 Likes

Whatā€™s wrong with level 2 though?

Just seems kinda odd when I look at the level 3 group and see someone who I know for a fact joined after me in there and I am still a level 2 lol. Guess I just prefer to read more than I postā€¦ still have grow journals and post every now and then.

Either way; I remember being a young punk Learning how to grow from overgrow in the early 2000ā€™s. I joined overgrow again, not for free seeds. But rather the passion and information about growing this beautiful cannabis plant. In fact, I never even knew about these seed runs or of free seeds. LOL

Knowledge is great. Not too mention the great people here doing such kind things. Thanks everybody!

Peace & love

12 Likes

Nothing. More people voted for level 3 though.

Same for me, I came here for information and only found the seed runs after weeks. :innocent:

5 Likes

All out of likes :cry: lol.

Oh okay, was just referring back to where you said you thought level 2 was top vote. Yes I understand and do not have a problem with that :slight_smile: thatā€™s what polls are for :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It me.

Iā€™m often unable to leave my home, bc of medical issues, so I spend an unusually high amount of time on OG. Believe me, no one was more shocked than I when I hit Regular status.

3 Likes

I think ā€œhas completed a grow journalā€ would be something I consider a great OG achievement that could be used here. There may be others.

2 Likes

I tried to close it though wasnā€™t given that option so took a screenshot at 26 hrs from the poll starting

That is a great compromiseā€¦Welcome Seed Packs should fit the bill of including newer members in seed runs with many becoming testers

I hate to go against the poll though it seems Craigson15 is right that level3 isnā€™t clearly understood and so we donā€™t lose 1/2 of the members participating we should go with level 2. Sooooo I proposeā€¦

Newbies - get used to the site and feel of the members
Tl1 - Welcome seed packs
Tl2 - Preservation runs and testers
Tl3 - Breeders and testers

I think this covers all bases for the concerns people have and would be minimal changing things around - does anyone object to this?

Gotta run though iā€™ll be back later :wink:

16 Likes

I concur, letā€™s get this over with and do an evaluation in 6ā€“12 months.

I think the welcome seeds packs will actually be the killer feature that came out of this discussion.

And yes, I see the irony in saying OG should be about community, not free seeds, but then discussing free seed regulations for ages. :wink: Letā€™s get back to growing. :seedling:

4 Likes

I concur at TL3 there is also no fear of the donated pack disappearing

I think some autos in the welcome pack would be cool if someone on here makes them

5 Likes

I like it! 20 characters, too.

3 Likes

I think we should stick to pollā€¦ Trust level 2 will get seeds once trust 3 level getā€™s theirs correct I kind of lost track. Though if I recall, this sounds like orig plan set forth right before the poll, right?

Wait?? With welcome seed packs come one hit wonders wanting free shit. I think 3 pips for welcome packs

9 Likes

Also, who is bearing the cost of these welcome packs and who is making them or taking on this can of worms? Curious.

9 Likes