Seed Runs Co-Op Logistics/Cost/OT Discussion Megathread

It would be awesome if a few more that can would jump in. :v:

14 Likes

Just couldn’t help myself. Apparently I’s gots jokes today

20 Likes

Sure wish I was set up for that. All I can do is help monetarily. Y’all just need to speak up. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Almost forgot… I got stupid jokes too

6 Likes

It’s definitely something I aspire to. I’d like to feel a little more confident in my relatively new setup before I risk disappointing more than my family, lol.

I do wholeheartedly endorse the idea, though!

13 Likes

You have already done the good deed mate more than once just not in the organised co-op.
Keep smiling.

12 Likes

In the spirit of the generosity found here on OG, I’d like to cover the costs for the cool plastic things you pack all the beans in @Mongobongo for this seed run… All I need is an amount and a paypal to send to. I’m also hoping this spurs other members to donate towards costs on other open seed runs. :grinning:

27 Likes

I’ve stated before that these preservation runs are so very valuable here. The packs should sell for a nominal fee. Even say 5 dollars. That could cover grower and donator costs with the extra monies going to OG. Who is gonna complain about 5 dollars for a pack of seeds? This site is growing fast as far as I can tell. And we need to keep this going. Not to mention the shippers for every country. Takes a lot of hours to pull these off.

18 Likes

As an accountant, I can say that if you start charging for a product, eventually the govt is gonna hold out their hand. Calling it gifts or reimbursements for costs is better. Not that anyone is gonna tell them, but they get around things like that, monitor paypal etc…

18 Likes

Blah blah blah lol… in light of all this I’d like to say thank you meesh at least keeping this chat alive. Lol without you “reply’s” would be days apart :joy:

3 Likes

I know, I’m on a roll. Fucken internet and cable were out for 4 days, all I had was my phone to keep me occupied. I can shut up now, they fixed it finally 15 mins ago. lol

Oh and there is no app for “black eye”… I checked :joy: nanananana

7 Likes

What!!?! @Meesh You do not need to do that! But if you wanted to I wouldn’t stop ya :joy:

You are overly kind for even offering such a thing. You make me feel all warm and fuzzy. Thank you :pray:

20 Likes

If the government looks at 5 dollar PayPals they have too much time on their hands

7 Likes

I wouldn’t mind if $2 from each person went to mongobongo. Its a lot of work to grow 200x 13 or so seeds, and materials/ electricity cost $. I’d even do mail distribution just to save MOTR so much work( I used to do commercial mail order fulfillment). willing to put up something collateral.

10 Likes

When you place your next order or go to buy them just let me know @Mongobongo.

@PoppaPuff it’s not 1 PayPal for 5 bucks… It’s a whole bunch of 5 bucks going through an account on a consistent basis. Don’t underestimate the greed and long reach of Uncle Sam. I could tell you horror stories.

10 Likes

Yep, I’d pay 10 to 15… shipping included, the rest goes to seed multiplier.

4 Likes

Same person doesnt do all the runs. I find it hard to believe the us government would track a 100 5 dollar payments coming from multiple countries going into a non American paypal.

2 Likes

But my point is that this website is growing. And some ppl will take things they don’t even need if they are free. If they have to at least work a tiny bit for seeds it may weed out some users who just want free stuff.

8 Likes

The Co-ops have been doing just fine. The best way to help is have more people donate a seed run. I’ll be able to do one and more than one by the summer or this time next year. I’m getting the space going aws. So, let me get a run or two under my belt and get any bugs out now, and I’ll be glad to grow some seeds. I’ve gotten pretty good at it, even though it wasn’t always intended, heh.

We haven’t had one problem in the past that I remember. We’re only just now having a few people get nervous before we even get the list finished. These seeds won’t be in anybody’s mailbox anytime soon. It goes real slow. No reason to be nervous. If we have too few seeds, we just start it all over. That’s what we’re going to do with the Pure Kush/Uzbek… he only got 450 or so, so we’ll just start over. No biggie.

Thank you @50State and @Mongobongo. peace

24 Likes

Bro, I don’t give a shit, It’s all about wording that is used when it comes to shit like that and not all payments are coming from outside the us. I can’t speak to foreign countries transactions only US and yes big brother is all up in everyone’s shit whether you believe me or not, I won’t argue my point further. Take my professional advice or don’t.

3 Likes

Hahha I’m not sweating it

1 Like