Seed sending protection

I guess you can eat them for protein. Put them in your smoothie

1 Like

Ya not sure why this was flattened. Said non machinable on it in red. I guess it’s not a “for sure” thing.

2 Likes

Putting a non-machinable postage stamp and non-machinable marking on the envelope tells the post office the correct postage is paid and makes the sender feel good about themself, in that order.

1 Like

Maybe it was just written on the envelope and they did not pay for the stamp.

1 Like

@Turpman was the postage stamp regular letter mail forever stamp or was it a Colorado Hairstreak butterfly non-machinable forever stamp?

2 Likes

I’ve had this happen to me once when sending to my friend locally, crazy part is we don’t even have rollers or mechanical sorters in our country yet, must have been crushed by other bigger parcels being kept on top…

I never send out without crush protection anymore, sometimes it’ll be a piece of PVC, cardboard, Pop bottle caps etc.,

I’ve received seeds from international breeder here once, he simply pasted two twigs across for protection, I’m currently growing from that seedstock :wink:

5 Likes

I send seeds in cryovials inside of bubble padded USPS envelopes. Having once had valuable seeds destroyed in the letter crusher I vowed to never let that happen again. Costs with buying the envelope and postage $6.

So far I have probably mailed 20 envelopes and never heard 'they were smashed".

3 Likes

I’d have to look. Sender has been notified but no reply yet.

1 Like

The thing is…
Postal workers are lazy.

Even if you have it stamped in red ink(either by you or a postal employee) with “Non-machinable” or “hand-sort only”, you must hand it directly to a person at the post office. You can’t just drop it in a box. If so, more often than not, the Colorado Hairstreak is just a more expensive forever stamp, lol.
It is nice for that little extra postage to Canada though! Even though they usually slide through with a regular one. :wink:
There have also been other reports like this around here. And that’s how I see this happening.

Pucks are a must if you want them to be protected and travel cheaply.

6 Likes

I agree. Protective packaging is key.

There’s a global letter mail forever stamp for this. The latest I’ve seen are circular with yellow flower. Around Christmas season, they had poinsettias. Plus include 1 regular domestic letter mail forever stamp to cover the non-machinable fee.

4 Likes

I like to save my Global Forever stamps for other countries. I’ve had many make it to Canada with one or two Forever Stamps.
Though if I remember my research correctly, I think the proper postage for a letter to Canada is met with a Non-machinable and a regular Forever Stamp.

3 Likes

I did something like that the first time I mailed seeds. I had no idea they used rollers, but the family member I sent them to sure let me know. :rofl:

2 Likes

I used to use the tubes, had a dude get butt hurt because I didn’t know, at that time, how much postage i would need and he got a postage due of like 3 bucks (that he easily could have denied and asked me to resend with a different method) that he paid and then sequestered me to his “never trade again” list. I’ve learned better since, but fuck him anyway. Pucks, flips and washers, or coroplast, always play it safe.

4 Likes

The pucks from the fall box were great. I reused mine and ran out.

3 Likes

Pucks work great.

6 Likes

Quit giving away my source dude!

Highest quality around!

2 Likes

She also takes-on ridiculous custom requests!

Yes I’m here to push envelopes. :metal:

:rofl: :+1:

15 Likes

Hold up! A Pigeon Puck that can be glowing in the dark in my collectors case before I even turn the lights on? Have I just been under a rock lately or what? Very cool! :fist:t3:

4 Likes

Yes we make all kinds of shapes and sizes. Made to order. Very reasonable priced as well.
Rounds with caps .20 cents a piece
Custom shapes start at .30 cents a piece. Depending on detail you desire.
Add Shipping. We ship worldwide! :v:

10 Likes