Seed Trading, Moderated (Part 1)

And seemingly unqualified to be a breeder… For years I didn’t buy into it (no tolerance) I also thought that the kind of flavors people talked about were kind of far fetched. Then I grew my own… Then a had some really good grows…

It’s kind of like thinking that some good places at the mall is the pinnacle of the culinary world to gilt hate your eyes opening by an amazing meal prepared by a renowned chef. The stuff at all of the dispensaries I’ve been to in IL is generally sub par, and 1/8 of decent flower is $70+.

Pollen chucking seems to be pretty standard practice now. Some are better chuckers with better selections, some just have some hype strains on hand, some work their lines. I don’t care what you do, as long as you’re transparent.

I’ve got some pricey packs coming from In House, Lit Farms, Exotic Genetics, etc. Lit I’m not so sure about, but I believe they run a nursery (a lot to select from) and are connected with some other good breeders, so worst case I’m hunting good genetics.

I have some Ethos coming as well and will be running their gear for the first time. It at least seems like they try to be transparent and they don’t overwhelm the market with all the latest hype. I want to pick up one of their multipacks if the few I picked up go well. I’m happy to give these folks my money, breeding isn’t easy. But, if you’re going to be a jackass (seems big time breeders aren’t the most well adapted group at times), keep secrets, not be a healthy part of the community, and say stupid shit, I’m not going to give you my money.

I was all ready to try something from GGG, then I read a little more about them. Same with TGA stuff, I was all ready to support a good female breeder, then I researched a little… Then I wasn’t so keen on Subcool stuff. I let my money talk, which is why I’ll be buying more #bodhi stuff when I’m done checking out the latest hype. It’s what I bought first when I started with photos, and seeking out Bog stuff and some cool OG stuff with stories (though not much luck on the Bog). Think the earth is flat, don’t think different strains have different effects, cool, I can cross you that breeder off my list.

My problem is that I don’t care if they’re free or $500 a pack, I want to try anything new, different, off, and that I’ve never had or green before. Surely there must be a help group for this. It’s all IG’s fault too! You get some free seeds and suddenly you want to try and share everything!

Anyway, rant/ramble off. I’d like to thank the OG community for making me a seedaholic

P.S. Anyone have any Slurricane, Moonbow, or Dosibow? Also looking for Lemon tree (cut or seed) as well as anything from Compound, Bog, Bodhi, Capulator, and third coast? :joy:

16 Likes

is the swarley seeds site legit? cause he’s got some excellent pricing on some cool sounding beans. man, it’s not even april yet and i’m doin the bean dance again. at least tomorrow’s payday.

2 Likes

$10 for a 5 pack of (Reg)(Peanut Butter Breath X Purple Haze) sounds to good to be true doesn’t it?

I was fortunate enough to meet Brother Randall, the owner of Swarley seeds, on another Forum. I have traded seeds with him on more than a few occasions and everything has gone smooth as can be. Before our trades we would always discus genetics and I was happy with what I heard and he was obviously happy with what he heard so we traded seeds. He even gave me his contact that had a the Peanut Butter Breath cut.
Yes! I have traded for every single Peanut Butter breath seed cross I could get. Love me some PBB for the late night knock out. :facepunch:

He is a seed trader just like us.
He is not in this for the :moneybag: obviously when a 5 pack of Reg or a 3 pack of Fem are only $10.

I think when you have been trading seeds with like minded people for a bit you establish a rapport. You also end up with a ton of genetics. I realized through our conversations that he is in the game to preserve genetics and spread the love of this miracle plant, I believe. The people I have met through trading with Swarley are all top notch ( I am pretty tough on people too) and seem to be in the game for the :heart: of the plant.

If you have seeds available to trade, shoot him a message and see if he will trade with you or you can spend the $10 + shipping (I think it is like $5) and see what you get.

I have grown out a few of his genetics and right now I have two favorites a Doc’s OG Cross and a GG4 cross.

I would guarantee you will be in disbelief of the quality of seed/plant you will get from Swarley.

And Yes, I wrote a bunch more and erased it all. Just give him a try!
Even better shoot him and email and invite him over to the OG. He would be a great asset to this community.

17 Likes

You OF lover you. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I haven’t visited the seedaholic thread lately. 🤷

6 Likes

Hey @Reefer , I just finished the cure on F3 reg seeds I’ve worked from this pack bought around 2017-18.
Compound hunted a male from Capulators Legend Orange Apricot and used it in a bunch of crosses.

PM me if your interested and I give you more details on them.:peace_symbol:

15 Likes

you got me sold. we’re both relatively new members of overgrow here, but i like your interaction on the site. so i’ll take your recommendation as word. i also found a rollitup thread which was giving props to swarley seeds. there weren’t any smoke reports, but people were pretty happy with swarley and the guy who runs it.

since april’s just right around the corner, i emailed him to ask about any possible sales, and he said he’s planning on doing a one day coupon code good for 50% off your order. he was very chill and cool, offered to send me a free care package. i just told him to wait until i place my order. so while my seed acquisition syndrome is really flaring up right now, i’m gonna be a good boy and wait.

thanks for the recommendation! i’m super excited to pick up some of those maui strains and the durban poison stuff and umm, i think there was some orange county strains in there, and maybe one or two others. if he had those bastard strains available, i’d for sure get some and you also mentioned the weapon x. yea, this guy has some cool beans.

2 Likes

Those papaya ones sound awesome!!!
Think I got some fem old world paki still kicking around ( vintage Pakistani from bohdi x tom hills X18)

I’ve also been looking for dream queen or space queen for years if any turns up

3 Likes

I’m looking for the closest thing to ORIGINAL OG Kush in seed form that I can find. Anyone here that can point me in the right direction? OG Kush was before my time and I really want the full experience.

4 Likes

I got some fem freebies of og kush that were thrown in a seed supreme order if u got something good to trade for @GrowTheAtlas

4 Likes

So as most you know I did the jack herer and white rhino seed runs, figured I’d put feelers out here if anyone feels like doing any trades for em

Also got a Sebring pack of Durban poison to offer up in trade, I’m allergic to the cultivar so a no grow for me lol

4 Likes

Allergic?? Do say more lol

Spent years on farms in California trimming and that’s usually when u find out what strains don’t agree with ya, the entire time trimming that one I was flared up like I’ve been loving up on some kitties and had to step out till they were through with it lol, out farm owner just laughed and said happens every year ppl finding out what they are allergic to

6 Likes

Sounds good man, but I’m looking for regs :\ hoping to make some seeds of OG for OG lol thank you so much for the offer!!

2 Likes

No problem! I keep my ear open for em!

Worst case u can always sts or collidal silver if u can’t find em in regs

3 Likes

Thank you man I appreciate it!

1 Like

Anyone have any leads on a nice lemon kush in 2009 I got a a bag of some from California and to this day was one of the most stoned I’ve ever been figured this might be a good place to ask

1 Like

Closest thing to true og kush and regs are mutually exclusive homie

1 Like

@Mithridate It doesn’t have to be 100% pure OG,I know it’s a clone only lol just the closest thing to it is what I’m looking for lol

2 Likes

I believe you’re looking for OGer, the Encore… though obviously, it’s hotly debated whether they can be real or not. :stuck_out_tongue: It has been for quite some time.

5 Likes

Fair enough :slightly_smiling_face: just making sure expectations and reality are dancing to the same tune :grin:

2 Likes