Seed Trading, Moderated (Part 2)

What are you looking for reg’s or auto’s

Regulars only

1 Like

12 Likes

I know @District_Flora did Freakers repros of two different lines, RSC Iranian and their Mazandaran:

4 Likes

They have an older irnaian also, yes.

2 Likes

I believe that the Khorasan is their “Iranian” and the Mazandaran is supported to be from Balochistan but it’s an ancient Persian line? Something like that

4 Likes

They have 3 ascensions now.

All I have is Ancient OG and who knows if that’s even iranian.

3 Likes

Mazandaran borders the Caspian Sea and is closer to Turkmenistan. @Upstate called it the “wet sativa” once. Wondering if sativa genetics were introduced at some point because there are some phenos that look more like the latter than others.

5 Likes

I read that Bodhi said it wasn’t, whatever he got was just labeled Iranian for whatever reason. I’m really curious why I don’t see that MAG Iranian that was making its rounds (clearly not around here lol) anywhere. Wonder if it’s from the regions that RSC or TLT already collected from.

5 Likes

I have Mazandaran, South Khorasan, Razavi Khorasan, Yazd, and the two newer lines that RSC carries but do not specify the region/province if I recall correctly.

5 Likes

If I get a hold of a map I’ll know what Province the heavy yielding selection is from. Borders afghanistan on the northwest.

There is a strain on the north slope of the mountains bordering the caspian that is known as “one puff”. This area has up to 60 inches of rainfall a year, so we would be looking for a Sativa. The growers that lived in this area migrated to Balochistan Many hundreds of years ago where they became the private growers for the khan of Qalat. I would imagine when they moved that their Sativa genetics mixed with something local to become the Balochistan genepool today. I’d still like to find that original “one puff”. I have actually worked for an iranian guy that has land on that north slope of the mountains. He is really straight edge so I was afraid to ask him about seed. mazandaran would be the closest relation to one puff today
@District_Flora did you find Sativa phenos?
I think “wet Indica” is appropriate. You can see by the plants form that its lineage comes from drier areas, But it must have good mold resistance

8 Likes

This one (in the corner) had the thinnest blades, yielded the smaller seeds, and was the tallest. I wouldn’t say it’s a dominant trait but indicative (to me) that there’s some sativa involved. Even the Razavi stretch like sativas more often than not, Iran must have had exposure to sativas multiple times

10 Likes

Im in desperate need of some anti mold genetics.So far Johnnys Frankenstein is the only one that didnt get one spot of Mold or PM.These NY summers are becoming more overcast with all the Canadian Wildfires.Mold was so bad this year im almost ready to toss the towel in for outdoors till i figure something out

7 Likes

I was listening to BOG on a potcast? yesterday. He mentioned the Bubble and Sour Bubble being good for northern outdoors with high resistance to rot and mold.

He also shared his UFO experience in that interview… informative and entertaining. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I wish I could post vids I’d show mine :alien::flying_saucer:

I’m looking for anything from Magus Genetics.

Maybe Panama Red or a Thai native ?

@bobgrows @blowdout2269
Just to warn you, the “Ducks Foot” I received are nothing close to a Ducks Foot plant.
These plants are not Duck Footing at all.
Maybe you will have different results but I sure didn’t get any Ducks or Ducklings. :unamused:

9 Likes

Ooo… that’s disappointing!
I received some from 2 sources…hopefully I’ll get lucky!

6 Likes

Yes it was very disappointing. I kept em going cause I was in denial and just wanted to make sure they were not late blooming ducks… :laughing: :upside_down_face:
I’ve tried a few “Ducks Foot” strains and been screwed every time. I officially give up on chasing these Ducks. :duck:

These plants will get the scissors tonight because I have no idea what they are, rather make room for strains I know.

4 Likes