Seed Trading, Moderated (Part 2)

Seems like an appropriate time to mention Grateful Breath, High School Sweetheart and Prominence. If anyone has any of these ive been looking for a while. I would be happy to find F2s or beyond…Ive got a bunch of stuff and would be happy to try to work out a trade.

4 Likes

Thug Pugs original “Breath” line was based on a fast vegging OGKB dom male Mendo Breath F2 “Studley Spewright” that he put on a bunch of clone onlys. It must have been some male because it’s progeny really left an impression on the growers of that time.
I went through a bunch of Thug Pugs gear back then, especially the breaths. I bought packs from elit613, back when he was moving a tonne of TP.
Anyhow, I took a low yielding OGKB dom Meat Breath female, that I love the flower from and crossed it to a vigorous, normal growing Sherb Breath male. I wanted to have Studley Spewright as the grandfather of both parents or top and bottom as they say in the dog pedigree world. The idea being to have stock to pull OGKB type males from to use in hybrids as well as interesting females.
The resulting seed produced 70% OGKB types, with deep terp profiles and strong effect but low yields. Some of the the regular growing phenotypes had the total package. Terps, effects, yields. Anyone that wants to take a trip down the OGKB rabbit hole , message me and we can work something out.
:grin::v:

31 Likes

Tried high school sweetheart honestly not impressed with it the grateful breath I tried was much better the high on the sweethearts was rather bland it looked killer though @Brodix

6 Likes

@Budderton you seem well versed on the OGKB so if you dont mind me asking.

Is this the OGKB that came from ChunkyPig over at IC? Is it all from the bag seed originally found from him? I admit not knowing much at all about this strain. Years back as a new grower finding forums his thread was one that stuck to me and i always wanted his genetics. I’v never grown anything cookies…

Years go by and i finally found a member here who held some of his work, and i’m itching to try it out. ScoutBreath and OGKB F2’s…

5 Likes

awesome thanks for the info. its nice to know as it makes me intrigued to know how some strains come to be.

2 Likes

I believe so. The cut was passed around on the forum by a few, not sure of the original, and then quickly spread. :grin::v:

5 Likes

is OGKB just a cut if GSC or am i wrong there?

3 Likes

There is speculation that it’s the original Cookies cut @icky_sticky_og_nicky . Or a parent. I wasn’t there and have no hands on insight though. Only what I read and heard on the interwebs.:thinking:

7 Likes

OGKB is GSC bagseed found in a dispensary on the west coast. ChunkyPig spoke to the grower prior to going there for his bud, and found some beans. That’s my recollection… but i could be off.

A male he found “Cookieboi” is the gold that was found within, and recently retired.

His journey can be found at IC… it’s a great but long read thats still ongoing.

@SHSC-1 would probably be better informed.

8 Likes

“OGKB” was a strain grown by a internet persona called OGKushBush. I am not sure what forum he hung out on at the time but we are going back a bunch of years here. I can’t and won’t pretend to know the history on the OGKB Line and how it relates to “cookies” but from what I understand it was “the” Girl Scout Cookies.

Now the “OGKB 2.0” is a clone only found by icmag member chunkypigs when he grew out a scant few bags seeds he found in legit “OGKB” , grown and dropped by OGKushBush himself. Chunkypigs was in communications with him when he made his road trip to aquire the “real deal”.
So… The OGKB 2.0 was one of the plants he grew out and I think she had 2 sisters and a male that chunkypigs called “Cookieboi”. This male was sure something special and so is the OGKB 2.0. I have grown a whole lot of the seeds from the now defunct “Chunky’s Bagseeds” which were dropped exclusively at @Great_lakes_Genetics several years ago now.
He replied in a message to me some months ago that he was not going to drop beans anymore and was indeed going to retire the male Cookieboi. He was pleased that I was making crosses and preserving the lines. That male is something special and he dominates many of the outcrosses to around a 70% or higher in the offspring. Even the F2’s are so similar from his dominance. So many awesome plants, some power hitters, some flavor bombs and for cookies… some fantastic yielders.
The OGKB 2.0 clone itself yields very well and is not your average “cookies” by a long shot.

21 Likes

@SHSC-1 thanks for the info mate I’m really pleased I won a pack of the ogkb2.0 off you in your auction. Sounds fantastic :ok_hand: and thanks for the info @Budderton you’re a legend brother I’m putting in some of the beans you mentioned in 4 weeks. It’s going to be a blast and a huge thanks to you. :raised_hands: ithis forum is the best :ok_hand: full of so much knowledge and preservation, I feel at home here with my people :grinning:

6 Likes

My understanding is Thin Mint is THE original GSC.

2 Likes

it is just a GSC phenotype like how gelato has so many also. I know sin city seeds was fucking with it heavy at one point and created “sin mint”

3 Likes

@LedZeppelin if you’re still looking for this sort of thing :eyes: :v:

2 Likes

@LoveDaAutos. ^^^^^^

1 Like

Delighted to announce that I am back among the “Upright”!! ALL having NOT received Trades, please resend “Personals” AND Choices. Will begin packaging/resending this weekend. THANKS for your indulgences, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

18 Likes

I have the Meat Breath clone
And have some Mendo Breath s1 that was passed out here
Lots of mutants pop up in them OGKB when bx have one going now

Going reverse meat breath onto the Mendo Breath s1 later on will pass some out when ready

24 Likes

Does anyone have a pack of Bodhi’s Drunken Parrot to trade?

3 Likes

In search of a pack of Bodhis Upper Chuile Annapurna Nepal !

4 Likes

do you have the drunken parrot? Cause i got that upper chuile pack

2 Likes