Seed Trading, Moderated (Part 2)

… so which breeders are you usually buying that are better than Mephisto? NightOwl doesn’t count :yum:

3 Likes

I love NightOwl seeds but they’re so darn expensive, usually about $15.00 per seed at least at the places I’ve looked at them.

5 Likes

1 Like

a-few-good-men-jack-nicholson

I like this funny wrong caption.

2 Likes

Yeah I love nightowl too! I just say they don’t count, as the breeder of nightowl also bred or breeds for mephisto :yum:

3 Likes

There’s Triks from Twenty20, Twisted Puppy from Twisted Tree, Sweet Nurse from Sweet Seeds. Those are just specific ones I’ve liked more than Mephisto. Yea I think we agree to not advertise lol. There’s Ethos autos I still need to get around to purchasing. I’m in the camp that if autos go past $10 a bean it better be fire that isn’t around for long.

I bought a lot of Mephisto when I first started growing as a med user and the plants are meh compared to what they were from them a couple years ago. I look at mine with a couple ounces and then there’s previous grows of these monsters. Last purchase I made from them was Christmas to get the freebies. I do agree their freebies are fire. My theory is they’re losing vigor or something in their lines and these freebie pollen chucking crosses grow amazingly well. There’s also the whole Daz leaving to make his own thing with Night Owl. Haven’t bought any Night Owl yet. The whole $10 a bean wall I put for myself and whatnot.

I think you guys were talking haze. I’ve heard great things from Speedrun’s Granite Haze’s. On my list of things to get next stock up.

4 Likes

Ah those triks and the other twenty20 auto race line were some of the worst plants my buddy and I have ever seen period. Autos or otherwise. Maybe we just didn’t get the good pheno(s)…

I won’t run ethos gear at all just on principle alone :sweat_smile:

I have seen some good plants from sweet seeds tho. fastbuds too if we’re going there. Not heard of twisted tree but might see about that. Thanks!

I haven’t ran any autos in a few years so what I ran from mephisto must be the old stock you were talking about being good :thinking:

4 Likes

I’m also hearing really good things about twenty20 from friends and I notice @Tonygreen chose them for the base of his new auto adventures. I have come to trust that guy’s opinion on genetics. I have several twenty20 freebies now from glg I should run.
I pay attention to these discussions as I am a photoperiod grower and I always hesitate to pop the autos in my collection because I’m not well versed on what to expect. The autos I have grown and friends have grown so far were from Afterthought Autos and a forum member from icmag gorilla ganja who made his own a few years ago. I can’t say enough good things about Afterthought and it’s owner Aridbud. Haven’t conversed with him much over the past couple years but as an auto breeder his gear is very worthy of checking out.

6 Likes

Probably with the Mephisto, yea. There’s been rumors recently that they’ve outsourced bean production like Sensi does and shit like that.

Another hot mention from a Twenty20 grow. Whiskey Zulu is the funkiest smelling weirdest terp profile I’ve grown yet. One smelled like curry, one smelled like rotting fermenting fruit, one smelled a bit sweeter. Concentrate was this strong fruit funk that turned a bit cat pissy. Their Durbin though? Terrible. Whole pack I had never grew more than like 8 inches and looked like little ruderalis shit plants. Maybe they’ve been drastically improving recently? The triks was the small calyx dense nug, branching everywhere. Had to yoyo the shit out of it. Wasn’t a loud kush terp profile but def was just some good kush.

4 Likes

There are rumors Mephisto is outsourcing their seed production? I’m kind of just gettting the vibe that you personally don’t like Mephisto for one reason or another. I think their plants grow just great Twenty20 for me personally has been hit or miss and at the price of auto seeds today it stings when you have a miss.

2 Likes

It’s not that I don’t like them. I’m just not as impressed as I thought I would be. If I were to suggest a breeder to someone, Mephisto wouldn’t be my first pick. Not being rude but fastbuds would be even lower. Sure they might have good stuff but it’s mass produced reproduction crosses.

I agree with the general sentiment here—Mephisto is good at times and misses more than others. For autos, I’ve run quite a few autos (100+). Setting aside the price qualifications, I’d say these are my favorite breeders: (1) Night Owl; (2) Dark Owl; (3) RocBud; (4) Gas Reaper (disclaimer: the breeder is a dirtbag and destroyed this brand by ratting on a tester); (5) Twisted Tree (breeder had a massive fire and are rebuilding right now); (6) Alibrije; (7) Gnome; (8) Mephisto; (9) Berserker; and (10) FastBuds.

5 Likes

Myself never a problem with there autos ever at all! :+1: :peace_symbol:

Is that list in order of preference with 1 your favorite and 10 your least favorite?

1 Like

Good man you are!

6 Likes

Hey guys, I’m looking for Bodhi’s Neirika Seeds Cangshan Mountian Sativa seeds. I’d do a trade or I could pay for them. Doc d/Magic Spirit Seed Co makes up the majority of my seed collection. Thank you

2 Likes

Sadly this is what I do only :rofl:

And it goes down to pennies a seed when you F2 them :man_shrugging: / :rofl:

:rofl:

Oohh! I just got a “RocBud Freebie Mix Pack” in a trade from @pharmerfil and this makes me want to run them even more :smiley: :+1:

4 Likes

Hey @LoveDaAutos - This is a list of favorite to less favorite. Even FastBuds has a few good strains… but these are how I’d rank their overall performance in my garden and their demand from friends.

@Pigeonman Run them! RocBud does exceptional work with autos. His True MAC sits in my top 5 autos of all time. He struggles to keep his business reputation high because his business skill set falls substantially behind his ability to grow, which leads to high market demand pressures on someone who truly just likes to breed fire.

3 Likes

Hey @DesertHeartGardens ! I just popped a few of docDs goji razz x beastie boy. I can send you some cuts once I sex them. They are mere seedlings right now.

6 Likes

Mephisto did a visit on High on Homegrown podcast. First podcast ever they did. Believe they are from UK, now in Spain & might have mentioned having full-time growers at facilities in the US, ran by them. It was a month ago though & my memory is not 100%.

Either way, they came off like pretty cool folks.

5 Likes