Seed Trading, Moderated (Part 2)

I read NL1 is also called pure or purest indica

3 Likes

This is what I got for the NL2 pack I have(Deep Ellum) …

(1982 Afghan/Hawaiian [Thailand] x
(1982 Afghan/Hawaiian [Thailand] x 1985 Ortega’s Kush4))IBL

Right? Wrong? No idea!

From Deep Ellum,

Northern Lights #2 was created in 1985 by Nevil, after he selected a choice (Afghan/Thai) from Greg McAlister, crossed it with the Kush4 from Jim Ortega and then back-crossed to the Afghan/Thai. Nevil christened his creation “NL 2” and proceeded to inbreed.

Deep Ellum’s offering of Northern Lights #2 originates from the Seed Bank of Holland’s 1988 F3 issue.

5 Likes

Close! That’s what todd calls Steve Murphy’s seed line and/or cut. Not NL1

5 Likes

I love the knowledge of the history of strains that you guys have. The research it takes is unreal Im sure. Is that a book?

1 Like

thanks for the info holy , i like these older strains. wish i got the Ortega like 15 years ago.

2 Likes

Yeah Nevil’s offerings are technically different. That’s part of the issue with the history. Nevil got all the nl#'s as beans from Greg and made his own crosses from there. But Greg and co has their own. Hence why I said ‘US NL5’ for instance instead of just NL#5. Nevil’s nl#5 was a totally different beast than the cut that was here the whole time.

6 Likes

It would seem it’s always been hard to know what your getting! :rofl:

2 Likes

If you know. What are the key differences between the two? And for the love of cannabis why can’t we just call it something else when we create something new! :joy: it sure makes it hard to keep up!

I have zero clue what Todd’s Purest Indica is as far as all the back stories go but I will say it’s the best heavy indica I’ve grown in my short time. The effects are really good for muscle pain and really has been helping me sleep.

24 Likes

Really need to get into all the NL gear I have and will soon. Got stuck on autos for a couple years. :grin:

1 Like

Sounds phenomenal. I think I was on a sativa kick when he dropped those.

1 Like

From what Todd is saying, the Purest Indica he has is literally just OG Kush beans. More leafy precursor or something.

7 Likes

Sounds like a keeper. As I get older these type of strains are more valuable then ever.

5 Likes

I was told many years ago that NL#1 was Afghani , # 2 was Hindu Kush . #5 has become an amalgamation with different mixes . Added with the usual cana legends / myths & old peoples nostalgia . I do believe the less " worked " stuff with its broader range of cannabinoids has a different buzz . Who has & what is the original ( insert any of the following ) haze , nl whatever , OG Kush , Chem & on & on . Kinda like looking for " pure " landraces…Plus we got a bunch of aging old fucks still looking for that one that made ‘em interspace explorers back in 19 sixty-somethin’ .

8 Likes

NL2 is a NL1 x kush cross but not Hindu kush.

Hindu kush was a separate line made by Nevil and sold by sensi seeds. Think it was NL2 x Kush4 but can’t find the post rn to quote.

4 Likes

Does anyone have any Full Moon from Nirvana? It was one I would look at all the time back in the day, but never bought. Haven’t seen it available in years though.

I know there are other strains called Full Moon, but I am specifically looking for the Thai strain from Nirvana.

Edit: f2s and so on are totally fine with me.

1 Like

U ever get some nailed down?

Did you ask @BigMike55?

I’m learning a lot here. I think my confusion is being in the states I’m starting to realize my only experience may be with Neville’s lines and the misinformation that’s been floating around here. I’ll admit I probably willingly latched on to it as well due to old Hindu Kush being at the top of my favorites list to date.:wink: thanks for so much info.:fist:t3::facepunch:t3::vulcan_salute:t3:

1 Like

dam thats a nice pack