šŸŒ± Germination Laboratory @ MadScientist šŸŒ±

Alien Rift germinating after showing tails, they have been put in rockwool @ 5.9pH with a little tiny bit of Thrive Alive Red.

Here they are next to the Lemon Garlic for the tester. The Super Lemon Haze is at the very end of the rows, last three. Gonna be epic this grow. Growing in 100% Canna Coco Professional Plus. Cheers!

8 Likes

Well i am glad to inform that we got 100% germination on the Alien Rift, 12 out of 12 seeds.

I wasnĀ“t expecting any less.

All cotyledons are bathing in light as we speak, hereĀ“s a pic of that happening.

The other three are the Super Lemon Haze Fem. All cotyledons will be nice and green in morning. ItĀ“s 7.51pm Costa and i am gonna go get me a cheese burger and a shake! LOL.

HppHrvst

PS. Yes, i remove the shell and membrane to make sure the cotyledons get light ASAP.

5 Likes

This looks like a perfect set up for a time-lapse project. :eye:

3 Likes

Unfortunately, the Super Lemon Haze did not give 100% germ rate.

Only two of the three are showing cotyledons at this time even tho i just saw a tail on the one seed still to sprout. itĀ“s taken too long to account for a good healthy seed; i am not gonna abandon the little thing, it`s being taken care of.

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Chat room (letā€™s chat!) :speech_balloon:

2 posts were split to a new topic: Strain Hunting Early Skunk and Cinderella 99

Got my eye on that alien rift. Never smoked or grown the alien lines myself and canā€™t wait to see how yours take off.
I wanna try Cthulhu canā€™t wait for restock.

5 Likes

when using rockwool cubes you should always try to be very gentle. after dipping them in water let them drip after instead of squeezing them which damages the air to rock ratio of the cube. not saying you did.

3 Likes

I shook them real nice to remove excess water. I am using Sugar Daddy and Root 66 at 40% strengh to help the little ones come up. They all look lovely. One was drying out and came back up, forgot to water them one dayā€¦ LOL

2 Likes

When you use rock wool, do you have the layers vertical or horizontal. I am old and brand new to this. I used it horizontal on my first try with some ā€œcheap seedā€ I found at a local dispensary as I am afraid to try the expensive ā€œsouvenirā€ ones that I got overseas.

1 Like

I donā€™t think i know this man, were you trying to reply to me or to shroomgod? Got confused.

I am not certain the roots would care.

1 Like

I was asking MadScientist. This is my first post and I think I did it wrong. On the rock wool, it is layered and I did it horizontal and it would fall apart when I tried to move them. I have read I placed them the wrong way. It is harder for the roots. But I donā€™t know anything.

TY 99 for your reply too.

1 Like

I got the one inch plugs, one of the roots started to travel sideways and i had to cut the plug open and then manually make the root filament fit in the plug, i had a tooth pick which i used to seal the plug together again, and well, that is as far as i have gotten in my McGyver skills on rockwool.

Wish i took pics but i transplanted them in coco now.

1 Like

Here we go geminating some ā€œ3 Bears OGā€ by Mephisto, seeds went into soaking just nowā€¦ 5 of them. I bought extra since growing just three would leave space open and i need to fill up the tent in order to make it worthwhile right!?

5 Likes

Along with the 3 Bears OG Autos, i will be running some Dark Devil Red XL by Sweet Seeds, supposedly 80% of the phenos are purple/red, weā€™ll see.

My 4x2x6 tent will have two strains, five plants of each 3 Bears OG by Mephisto and Dark Devil XL by Sweet Seeds.

4 Likes

Iā€™m looking forward to following your Super Lemon Haze, I am in the process of germinating 2 of them now, hoping to flower them after a few weeks vegetation in 7" pots, due to potential height issues. Good luck, letā€™s compare down the line.

2 Likes

I got that going on in here bro. Check it out!

On Tuesday 6th these seeds went into soaking, because the Dark Devil is about to be ready, and will need more plants to fill it upā€¦ I only ran 4 of the seeds in hempys but that was a mistake, they should have been moreā€¦

Anyway, this is what went into paper towels last night. 5 seeds.

Weā€™ll see how these ones goā€¦

HppHrvst

EDIT, I was not able to germinate the 3 Bears OG seeds, dunno why. If you check this germination log you will see very little failure. Nevertheless, these seeds did not show life.

4 Likes

After soaking the 3 Bears OG, i got me some Blue Dream by HSO to soak in water as well. Gonna try and run them all in the 4x2x6 tent. Here goes nothing.

This will be fun!

HppHrvst

EDIT, These seeds did not germinate at allā€¦ They were very old i think.

6 Likes