đŸŒ± Germination Laboratory @ MadScientist đŸŒ±

OK, BOG Seeds Sour Bubble went into paper towels just now and they should all be showing tails by Sunday morning.

Will keep you posted. BTW, all seeds cracked, before putting them on the towels.

HppHrvst

4 Likes

Well, i am proud to present the Grass Monkey by @LED_Seedz, one of our own here at OG.

Went into soaking no later than 24 hours after getting them. HAHAHA.

HppHrvst

6 Likes

They are about 3.5 weeks ish behind mine

Your GM is running now at 3 1/2 weeks in veg!

I am gonna check it out now.

no my Sour Bubble is

1 Like

That is great man! But you also have some GM running NO!?

nope, i am about to harvest some Jackberry, Big Kush, Saphire OG, Skunk, Purple Afghan Kush and Big Hero.
and replace it with Sour bubble and whatever else I can cram in the tent (might put some of @Kalgrae gear in there) but no Grass Monkey. EDIT: Green =Grass

3 Likes

All of the Sour Bubble seeds cracked but one, you could
see the white swelling on the side of the seed hidrolyzing tho.

Not using rockwool this time. Don’t like what it does to seedlings in the very early stages.
They went straight into coco and got sprayed some pH’d water @ 5.8 and 200ppm of Root 66 + BC Grow.

Here they go.

HppHrvst

6 Likes

After soaking for the night, i just checked the Grass
Monkey and they all had tails like 2mm. All but two.

They are going into paper towels but first thing tomorrow they will go in the cups with coco. All seeds will get the same treatment.

I imagine that by tomorrow planting these seeds will be imminent.

HppHrvst

6 Likes

After only 6 hours of being planted in coco. I can see three heads coming out of the media. Sour Bubble.

Another update tomorrow. It’s 10.36pmCR.

Catch you all later.

HppHrvst

6 Likes

Like i said, cotyledons everywhere, there still some coming out of the coco but they are all gonna make it, i think.

This is @BogSeeds - Sour Bubble.

This is @LED_Seedz - Grass Monkey.

The Cinderella is on the mail, and i fear it might be too late to germinate it and run it along with these ones, in the same tent, but we’ll see. I wanted to run the three gens. Damn!

I should have waited a few days for the seeds to arrive.

Anyway

HppHrvst

9 Likes

Here we have Crockett Family Farms - Double Tangie Banana in the works.

Epic grow this will be.

HppHrvst

7 Likes

Anything that has banana in is is something I’d be really interested in. Ohh man if I could find like a rotten banana custard pheno some day, I will die a happy man. Lol.

Good luck with the babies @MadScientist

3 Likes

Thanks so much man!

Now, here we have the BOG Sour Bubble (no tags) also the LED_Seedz Grass Monkey (blue tags) and the one 3 Bears OG (pink tag)

Crocketts will be planted and show cotyledons in about 48 hours.

HppHrvst

7 Likes

As this is the ‘germination laboratory’, have you done a side by side comparison of wet paper towel germination and direct to soil germination?

3 Likes

I am now that you mentioned it. Got three Sour Bubble in the works that were soaking for 12 hours, then after that they were transplanted directly into coco. Unlike all my other seeds, that went into paper towels first.

Check it out

Thanks to everyone for checking in

HppHrvst

7 Likes

Ok the Crockett’s seeds are not showing any signs of life at all. They were soaking for 24 hours and they all turned dark and no hydrolizing apparent. They probably drowned, just put them in paper towels cos’ u never know but

I want these seeds to make it but if they don’t i will probably stick to the two already running, paper towel method takes less time and you have more control on how to handle each individual seed according to its needs. Putting them on soil is a leap of faith on some occasions.

8 Likes

On the other side of the coin, I’m pretty sure Mother Nature has been successful for millions of years without paper towels.

8 Likes

I assume the Crocket’s seeds are not the ones that went straight into coco?

My prediction is that the direct planted seeds will take a little longer to show (they have to push out of the coco after all) but will show better vigour as a result of instant access to nutrients and less initial transplanting disturbance. Environment will play a big part as time goes on but that advantage might last until crop time and turn into increased yield.

My 2p is that every seed needs to be in lovely nutrient filled compost

Thought I best have that here in writing before they pop

Predictions after the event are not that amazing, hehe. :wink:

5 Likes

Those were 3 of the Sour Bubble because 3 of them didn’t make it, so i need 11 plants to choose females to flower and pollinize. The Crockett’s are in paper towels. Can’t say i have much hope.

3 Likes