Seeds for the garden

Well sometimes with vegetable seeds you need a lot to get a few … but I’ve been thinking about the same thing recently… Getting some plants going to be ready for spring…

3 Likes

Very true sir but not that many lol …
Deff that’s our plan get them ready before spring ! Hoping some people would chime in from experience.

2 Likes

I like this place because they have a good selection, and they also have lower prices, as most packs are only 10 to 25 seeds, not 50 or more, like most seed vendors sell.
Everything I’ve bought from them has grown very well.

8 Likes

Thanks so much will have to check it out !

Trying to get a jump start …this will be first spring at this place !

Try here, https://seedsnsuch.com/
Packets of 20-50 seeds.

4 Likes

Try ebay folks great prices and free shipping…or Walmart, Farm and Fleet or Rural King…got most of my seeds from these stores…

Vegetable Garden 2021

1 Like

Here’s a few good heirloom seed companies

https://www.edenbrothers.com/store/heirloom_vegetable_seeds.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI76L3zLDC9QIV_z6tBh0HlgqkEAAYAiAAEgJUlvD_BwE

Alaskagrown

3 Likes

I go to my local nursery for some stuff like corn, I have seed from pumpkin and acorn squash. The rest I usually buy from the store, Home Depot, or your local farm and garden. There’s a lot of nersery’s around me. Lots of choices.

1 Like

https://www.rareseeds.com/

1 Like
3 Likes

I use seeds n such.com,… last time I used rareseeds my card got charged right after and I had to cancel it

2 Likes

Weird, I’ve been ordering from there for years with zero issues. It’s amazing how cheap vegetable seeds are compared to weed seeds eh. Probably more work goes into a lot of the veg than a lot of seedmakers too.

Would be nice to get a 100pk of weed seeds for 5 bucks :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

If you are in :canada: HANDS DOWN:

https://www.richters.com/

If you are NOT in :canada: , I STILL SUGGEST THEM!

edit: This place USED to sell Tea Trees but stopped because of it taking 3 years to get to the selling point from seed :laughing: .

5 Likes

My mistake, it was a different site. I just looked. I get a lot of pepper seeds from rare seeds. And seed n such,. The one I had a problem with was exotic seeds

1 Like

Awesome. Sucks about exotic seeds though. I have a bunch of things that I got last season that I hope to try out this year. I wasn’t able to do a garden last summer and it really bummed me out. I’m not the greatest with hot peppers but hope to take what I’ve learned over the past few years and grow a few kinds this year and then maybe move onto some of the spicier ones.

Even with the large amount of seeds I have currently I’m probably still going to buy a bunch more packs for this season. The weed seed addiction def carries over to heirloom vegetable seeds too :laughing: Plus they’re cheap af compared to weed seeds too so well worth it to me. My dog might not be too happy with how much I might fill up the backyard this summer :stuck_out_tongue:

I also have some lettuce growing in one of my tents out of boredom (parris island cos) but I think I could get away with using a much shittier light if I had one. If I had the money I might consider making one of those multi tier racks for some herbs and veg for the kitchen but that’s only a daydream for now.

8 Likes

I’m into hot peppers, I have a tent with some recovering plants, a chocolate hab seedlings, a wax pepper, jalapeño, 7 pot douglah, a scotch bonnet yellow, some Chilles, and a couple Carolina reaper… these are my last orders, then I have some Heirloom red jalapeños and some habeneros. As well as three colors of bell, and some hatch.

7 Likes

For me as a tiny gardener, as it’s just my wife and I, a seed packet is just far to many seeds.
I found Etsy to be perfect, as I can buy as little as a few grams, to a whole packet.
I’ve got spinach going now from Etsy, last year.
Potatoes from the bag.

The beets were a collection packet, like $4.00
The herbs a collection of 13 varieties, was $9.00 was drying on my crude rack, brought in to bag up, and still using them!!
Great small packet prices, IMHO.

6 Likes

All of those sound right up my alley. I’ll have to remember to get some advice from you when I start to germinate/ grow some of mine. I had some chocolate bhut jolokia a few years ago but I never even got it to the point of flowering before I gave up :stuck_out_tongue: I actually have a pack of red savina too, sounded good. I honestly wanted to try and get some slow release granules so I can just be a lazy ass and water only (and have way more plants) but the place I was trying to get it from (plant prod) was in Quebec and they closed the borders going across for a few months at the time and after they re opened it was too late. I might try going there this year.

https://www.plantproducts.com/ca/viewproduct.php?pid=554

Wanted to get something like this to make life easier. 50lb bags were under $150 cad last time I checked. Might not be the greatest stuff but for me worth a try since pro mix is dirt cheap here and I could have many more plants than if I was buying pre mixed soil which would cost a ton more. I also don’t really wanna grow hydro style outside since I can’t really keep a reservoir full of nutes in hot weather not to mention the runoff probably being shit for the environment.

4 Likes

I just use mega crop two part for everything. With added botanicare cal mag…

2 Likes

I got two 50 lb bags and am not running out any time soon lol

2 Likes