Seeds Not Ready

So I hypothetically have a friend named…Tim and he’s got a small issue.

He pollinated an indica variety a little too late and now the buds are almost ready but the seeds are not. The plant is finishing way earlier than anticipated. Only a few small branches were pollinated.

So what should I (I mean Tim) do?

First thought is to just let the plants overmature to get the seeds to finish.

Second thought is chop the tops and leave the lowers so the seeds can finish. They are some very nice tops.

Third is fuck the seeds. There aren’t going to be many of them anyway but Tim still wants ‘em.

I’m leaning towards option two because there’s some nice buds up there and enough underbrush that can be left behind without stripping the plants hard.

What would you do?

Tim thanks you.

26 Likes

Is this a hypothetical friend or a friend who’s hypothetical name is tim?

12 Likes

First and second options are the way to go.

I’d harvest smokable buds and leave the pollinated branches to mature :wink:

21 Likes

Also what he said :point_up_2:

7 Likes

Answering this question would give away too much detail.

7 Likes

Personally, I always have a fair amount of smokeables on me. I’d let it iver ripen and collect the seeds. Indica, you could even smoke some too, over ripened indica will lock you to the couch. Unless it gets crispy or starts dying off, lol

6 Likes

“Yeah yeah Foreigner we know it’s you you’re so transparent.”

Yeah. I’m not worried about yield. If anything this project was just to amuse me while I wait 100 years for my sativas to finish.

The tops buds do look very yummy so it’s be a shame to fuck them up.

13 Likes

This guy :joy::joy::heart:

2 Likes

Tell Tim to show us a pic

4 Likes

Lmao. That’s beyond overripe :laughing:

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:… why is this thread cracking me up :eyes::joy:. I might be high

5 Likes

Tim says this is how ripe the plant is. I expect the seeds need 2-3 weeks

20 Likes

There are some nice lower buds I’d leave on just to not strip the plant to nothing. Would make either a good overripe sample or a good addition to the hashpile.

4 Likes

Cut the rest and leave the pollinated branches? My friend Jim does it with pollinated lower buds “all the time” (like twice when he had pollinated lower buds)

9 Likes

It would be a balance between harvesting too much and harvesting too little I think. I would skew towards leaving a little more green so she can keep going at a reasonable pace.

6 Likes

Daaaamn, thise do look so tasty… split the difference, ive popped hundreds of immature seeds

4 Likes

And they’re sticky as hell and smell like something I’ve smoked before but can’t quite place. Sweet and…something.

I had to beat the shit out of her a little bit and I’m quite impressed with what she’s been able to achieve in such an abusive environment.

7 Likes

Third option wasn’t popular uh.

3 Likes

I’m interested enough in what the cross would look like that it’d be a shame to trash the genetics. So it’s worth at least a try.

5 Likes

AFOAF says to tell your friend to cut the finished nuggs and leave the branches that have seeds on the plant to finish hardening

9 Likes