Sending cash through the mail with no tracking

Sorry we kind of high jacked the thread.
I like the post office
Some people dont
End of story
Im glad we dont have to send cash through the mailany more.

2 Likes

Surprising thing happened for me today. After 12 weeks, my mailed letter was delivered! :grinning:

5 Likes

woohoo congrats - this gives me hope! :monkey_face:

2 Likes

Not to further derail this thread with postal stuff but today is the first day of new postal rules for postal workers under the new post master the Donald put in place expect delays out of this world no more overtime most carriers deliver mail 50 or so hours a week so start thinking about that the rule before was the days mail had to get delivered now anything not delivered in 8 will be delivered the next day…this is about to get out of hand very quickly the pure landslide of mail everything from packages to BALLOTS bout to disappear into the fog …I will post the exact details of the memorandum tonight when I see it

10 Likes

an update - the order was received by the seed bank finally, and I got the seeds, so there is a happy ending here

5 Likes

There are so many seedbanks these days that I decided long ago that if they wanted cash up front, I would buy elsewhere. There are too many ways for things to get lost…especially cash. In the rare instance that I buy overseas (I am in the USA), I will always choose a seedbank that takes CC’s…like MSNL or Oaseeds for example. In the states, it’s even easier. Used to buy lots from SHN, but when they stopped taking plastic…I went elsewhere. The big fly in the ointment with CC’s for seeds is a clearing house named Pay-O-Fix. They have screwed up more orders than I care to think about. Sometimes their automatic system goes bonkers rejecting everything and not even trying to clear a payment.
Most always the seedbanks allowed me to make other arrangements to keep us both happy.

4 Likes

I agree if they aren’t legit enough to take a cc or bank transfer then it’s time to move on. Sadly they are probably having the same issues as gun manufacturers and retailers with no one wanting to handle the transactions so we get to deal with shit service and risk getting the card number skimmed by less popular payment processing companies. Had that happen last year, only used the card one time and that was too buy seeds and then started getting grub hub charges and shit

1 Like

I stopped using a regular CC with a high limit a few yrs ago. Now I keep one with a $500 limit just to buy Beanz. There are some real horror stories out there.
There are a few breeders that only sell their wares on cash/bitcoin only sites. Unfortunately I can’t buy their seeds directly, but I have friends to trade with, so eventually I get what I am after.

Even set up a special tent to raise a few males, reverse a few females and make my own seeds…still want more genetics…Haha

All in all, our choices today are outstanding and as one seedbank falters…there are many others to take their place. Things like Zelle are ok I guess, but I have yet to try them or see the need.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what this card was. Low limit just for beans. I started using prepaid after that got skimmed. Load just enough for the transaction and that’s it so if they get the number the joke is on them

2 Likes

I’ve never heard any horror stories. I know, at least in the US, you are not liable for any fraudulent charges. You just have to dispute the charge, and it is the credit card company that has to prove it was you.

1 Like

I would agree, except who wants to tell the CC company what the purchase was? I live in a Legal US State (Nevada), but many do not.
I have had occasion to dispute a charge or two, and while the CC will credit my account immediately, they also ask for proof and will investigate.

2 Likes

They ask for whatever proof you have. They shouldn’t ask about the charge you made, just the fraudulent charge. I can definitely understand being nervous about the whole thing though.

2 Likes

IF (and I empathize IF…Haha) I remember correctly, Chase did ask what the item was when I disputed a charge (an overcharge). I am NOT positive but I do remember that there were written questions. On the other hand, I had a completely fraudulent charge that was immediately reversed; that card cancelled and a new one issued; and there was no followup questionnaire.(Chase again).
Chase is a particularly security minded company. If I attempt to log in from my other computer, it won’t permit the login until correct verification is made. It can be a PIA, but is very much appreciated. The big tip off used to be a fraudulent charge for a few dollars…If that cleared…a larger charge would surely follow.

CC companys, Paypal etc are probably fully aware of certain purchases that border on illegality and against their rules, are being made.

4 Likes

Yes, they will send you a from. You must be talking about what the purchase was that didn’t come in? I was more referring to the “I don’t k ow what it is” fraudulent charges. I’m sure they understand that some charges the feds wouldn’t like, but in the end, these large companies are only worried about you paying your bill.

1 Like

Ahhh, but therein lies the problem…Paypal, CC providers, and the banks are all under the federal umbrella so to speak. None of them want to bring in the government and for good reason. ie: in Nevada, the State regulates gambling and now weed. Strict enforcement and a lack of “trouble” has kept the federal government away under states rights.
This is one reason that Cannabis dispensarys have had such a problem with cash. Up until now, banks wanted no part of federally illegal activities, even if they were state legal. Nevada has finally put in a trial “banking” program for our dispensarys.

3 Likes

Apparently if a banknis not fdic insured it can take that cash, with minimal worries. Of course, if the bank goes belly up then that is on you. With all of this cannabis money coming in, that shouldn’t be a worry.

1 Like

I can assure you the guy in the Chase call center in Bangladesh (says his name is “Tony” but you know that’s a lie) doesn’t give a heck about your purchases.

Cash for domestic seeds, credit card for foreign seeds. Neither has ever been a problem.

Use bitcoin if you it’s something you really shouldn’t be buying.

2 Likes

Actually the reps that I have spoken with at Chase are in the USA…The others that I have are all off shore support though. My personal preference for all seed purchases is a credit card. Some vendors on Strainly take Paypal and I have used that as well. I also have never had a problem.

2 Likes

You have been fortunate. I ask for someone in the US. The service has always been better.

1 Like

Agree…very fortunate getting a US based rep that I can understand without an interpreter. The overseas reps read from a script and heaven forbid that you go where the script leaves has no answer…They are toast! LOL

3 Likes