Sept 2023, Landrace / Heirloom Challenge

Fingers and Toes crossed for @Kidete on his Journey.
Fully behind that crews Mindset and the effort they are undertaking.

1 Like

Very cool Missin’! For clarity, I don’t “boil” my water…just hot enough that I can manage to keep my finger in it without pain! Good thing I still have 10 digits! :crazy_face:

And congrats on the bean-making! (Sorry, busy morning over here today!)

:call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Thanks for that @Tlander

1 Like

60C is pretty hot. Super curious how this goes!

2 Likes

That is. Is that from a kettle?

1 Like

Well, are they a couple inches tall yet?

1 Like

Me too and Good Morning @FieldEffect
If I didn’t take it all the way there would be holes.

1 Like

Yes it was. Real Hot but not boiling Yet.
From a kettle

2 Likes

I have never tried it from a kettle, only a tap.

1 Like

I would guess that out in nature the inital water the seeds would get ; would not be that hot.

I go for consistent warm to pop them :wink:

3 Likes

Me too really @royal.

A lot of this stemmed from the Cobb process, where a Seed was found in a finished Cobb, that had been through the process. I soaked that seed, and it germinated.

I had no idea a seed exposed to 40C would germinate. People started piping-up about temps… Warm & Hot became peoples quiet secret…

3 Likes

Not yet… I actually hand-cracked one in each container this morning. Just to cover another option in each vessel

1 Like

When the Squirrel Tail had the seeds bumped from her branches, I grabbed the fox tails and put them into curing mode.

And keeping my hands off. Waiting for a few Grove bags, but the “bud material”, is holding tight at 61% RH, (in a big zip)

I’ve also just mistreated the Bhadra in the same fashion. Seeds were easily collected via 3 minutes of banging-on the garbage bag. plant is hung-up to continue drying
Bhadra droppings below

I’m looking after a few promises right now fellow og’rs. In April I will be giving some Flips away from the Seeds collected in this 2023 grow.

Happy to share whats available

11 Likes

Talking about this grow, hopefully carries-on for a bit!

But I just wanted to share that with Us and OG Now firmly in 2024, I’m taking the Autos with me into a “2024” Thread !

Thanks for everything Gang.
Onward !

3 Likes

There is Activity in the Kettle-water, Bhadra Seed-popping glass.
Man I was surprised to see this activity last nite and waited till this morning to photograph it

Here is a shot of seeds from the glass that had 62c water added for germination. There are 2 seeds popping

8 Likes

WOW, that’s the hottest that I’ve ever heard of.
CRAZY

5 Likes

:fist_right: :fist_left: lol legit. 68 hrs later, Still.

As it stood People, 2 of 4 popped tails in the 62c kettle-sourced glass; top left

3/4 in the Hottest Tap-Water; top right

2/4 in Hottest Tap-Water in full Mason Jar and wrapped for heat retention (not shown)

4/4 in the LukeWarm stuff; btm

6 Likes

Worm Casting Tea for the Kids starts tomorrow. Bags get topped-up today.

Next week they see 1/2 gal pots and some basic nutes

12 Likes

Ahh yeah!

How are you hanging in there? Been thinking about you I botched some of the Fighting Bilbo seeds launched some new ones this AM

2 Likes

Happy to see you… let’s play!

1 Like