Sept 2023, Landrace / Heirloom Challenge

Very nice. I am also liking the COBB

5 Likes

Thanks @THCeed, much appreciated. (Yehaw)
Thats :notes: to my Ears about the Cobb.

4 Likes

We will be talking soon.

3 Likes

Happy New Year OG’rs.
2023 had been a Blast
Heading to the Porch for a Puff!
While the Bhadra drinks in her Dinner!

Here is the 1st-born of the Squirrel Tail, I recovered it just this evening. She’s playing for keeps. A seed ripened and fell… then germinated.

18 Likes

Hell yeah :+1:

seinfeld-giddy-up

2 Likes

Hell Yeah is Right :+1:. The seedling may even be a day or two older than the Autos… ~ 12-14 days.
Buddy is thinking it over, re: raising a Squirrel Tail. I’m still giggling that its happened, fyi I tossed the OTHER 4 S.T. seeds that popped in the Soil !

Cheers @FieldEffect
I’ve used a Toy thats new to the Tent. In the name of fairness, I’ve jacked a couple plants Up to even the canopy, and used a couple of YoYo’s on the Squirrel colas.
ps: []Instant-success[]

Bhadra is still stretching, filling-in the colas. She’s a beauty

*ps, Thanks @PhlizonGrowLight, I Love the Light that I Won in 2023. Thank You Thank You Thank You! You made my Grows -special-

Soil was amended last nite and Bhadra was fed then, tonight Squirrel gets a Drink. Amendment included equal parts Worm Castings / Beach Sand for bulk with normal amounts of Gaia Green Bloom / alfalfa meal to top things up.
@iceman @Budderton I’d like to Bounce a question off of you.

End of Week 14 today, would you Defoliate the Bhadra to any degree. I’m marvelling at these elongated and airy buds that are filling the colas in.
I’m wondering if some of the Fans should be removed.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. She’s all new territory for this one Guys!

I know LITFA rules… I’m still trying to Max things out (chuckle chuckle)

And Thanks again

14 Likes

I’d leave it as is. The fans are quite narrow and not really blocking that much light. Those fans are the factories of the plant, working to build the flower and will die and drop off when the plant doesn’t need them anymore. It still has a long way to go and you’ll be surprised by how much the buds will fill out. Being a full on heirloom, you may have to come to terms with the fact that the yield will not be on par with a modern polly. Not even close, when you factor in the extended flower time. But we’re not doing it for yield are we?:grin:
I think it looks beautiful in it’s natural form but at the end of the day, it’s your grow and your call.

10 Likes

Delightful ladies there MIssinBissin !!

:upside_down_face:Happy New Year Landrace fans!!! :slightly_smiling_face:

;

4 Likes

I love how Shaggy it is as well. Bush weed never looked like INDOOR bud.

She stays as is, Glad I asked.

Have a powerful Year @Budderton
I guess that means the autoflowers get BBP’d after all… here goes @BudBusterPro lol

6 Likes

Well Thanks @herbgreen. I think they are starting to Pose.
Heres to 2024 bro!

5 Likes

Hi brother,
Happy new year!
Wonderful job you’ve done training those plants. :ok_hand:t3:
Both the Squirrel Tail and Bhadra are looking great!
But the Bhadra is gonna make you wait…:eyes::grimacing:

I feel @Budderton has given a good point on leaving it as it is…:slightly_smiling_face::v:t3:honestly, both of you’ll have grown more heirlooms than I.
I haven’t yet grown one and that puts me to shame when asked for an opinion…:disappointed_relieved:
Mad respect :green_heart: to all those who do and I shall get there someday…:eyes:

Thank you for growing these out. :pray:t3::dove::herb:

5 Likes

Thanks and you are so Welcome @iceman, its all one big learning curve. Here I am down to the last 2 plants really, from 15 to start with.
(Still have 4 growing in a Cannabis shoppe but need to check-in)

Bottom line is a couple of Trophies is making this well worth-it.

6 Likes

Day 1, week 15. Congo is officially, hanging. Largely bcuz she was still locked-out, 3 flushes later… (final pics pending)

Here are the functioning Ladies

Squirrel Tail 60cm
Bhadra 80cm

OK, here is the failed Congo. (So sorry we did not get a Trophy for You here @Guitarzan on this inaugural shot.

Could not get her un-locked. Then we heard she was hanging w/ famous people & Sleeping round…

14 Likes

Man, this makes me wonder what they would look like outside. I’m thinking one of the ST babies gets planted down here this summer :sunglasses:

Looking fantastic @MissinBissin!

The “functioning ladies” appear to be in great health now. The Bhadra and her shaggy hair (so to speak) are looking better and better to me. And SO excited you are going to be growing out the Squirrel Tail babies.

1 Like

Morning @FieldEffect, I agree totally.

Seeing them untouched and Tall would be really nice, but I’m still stoked that they got folded (hst) into a Tent and are still running.

Fingers-Crossed on finding a Grower to Love the new Jr. Squirrel.

@Budderton had some great comments about whats to come, so all is good heading into the ~ final 1/4

Looks like they could have grown with the same shape as the Honduras Panama… @ 11’

15 Likes

The Lowest branch of the Bhadra is still
Producing a wonderful Green Nugget.

And the Squirrel Tail, while still showing off the crispy leaves… is really Fluffing-up that Tail

Enough of the phone, I’ll try and grab some trichome shots tonight, of the Squirrels Budlets

15 Likes

agree ! do more harm with removing the fans - sativa’s with "true 'sativa (100%) fans are quite narrow and really don’t need to be removed. have done both - like to keep them fans if possible !!

3 Likes

Bhadra fed, quiet nite. Photos taken of Squirrel Tails trichomes. Heres a few snapshots
Bhadra with the Fans off, humidifier On.

18 Likes

That first pic of Bhadra with the humidifier on looks like a dragon. Either that or I’ve been smokin’ something :wink:

They look like bonsai trees you can tell they would be huge left to their own devices. Have you ever had a bonsai tree? The training looks great on both. I like the appearance of the training hoop radius in their shape.

Nicely done!

2 Likes

Thanks @FieldEffect.

I know the next-time I have a plant that “really Reaches” in the Tent, I’m going to let it get Tall FIRST, then I’ll shape it… lol

I got startled by the Height Warnings and folded her at week 4 lmao… but I also love how unplanned she looks

No routine here given the length of this grow; there are changes daily and this Bhadra has developed a Huge thirst, which I’m allowing to grow. Every other day she shows Thirsty, I’m kinda pushing the Volumes for the time being.

Approaching a Gallon last nite (3.25L), we’ll see on the 5th/6th

I’m seeing some real organization happening within the buds in the colas. The Shit is starting to Pile-on, and add another 5 cm to the bhadra’s height; 85cm now

I’ve never challenged a Bonsai plant; Ahem… I’’m preferring the rewards of Cannabis at this time

7 Likes