Shantibaba the Magictrick to test a breedermale

I see an obsession with herms for just about everyone who starts a new project with landraces. The first thing to do is get rid of the herms, along with all the genetic diversity that might be linked to the herm. There’s no telling how many good highs have been lost forever by doing that.

5 Likes

Yes! And ONLY because they dont want seeds in their buds. I say thats crazy talk man! :crazy_face:

I doubt the best high comes from a plant that seeds itself.

Cannabis lines that seed themselves en masse are generally (seed)-food lines and hemp fiber lines.

2 Likes

By definition seeded plants are not as potent.
Sinsemilla is due to the plant being able to put all its energy in the attempt to reproduce. If seeds a plant will use the energy acquired from photosynthesis to produce seeds instead of other things.

I agree with the male. There are two intersex trait classes in my opinion balls and nanners. I save the seed that were nanners in my personal labeled but all of the ball type I removed. I think the ball type would pollinate to early to allow any time processed to Sensi.

I have a theory it’s some sort of asexual survival mutation. I think the farther away generationally you pollinate the plant with an actual male from the gene pool the less likely the plant will attempt to pollinate itself but I’m speaking purely about nanners only and 100% hypothetical.

2 Likes

I’m not saying that. What I am saying is that herms might be linked to some wonderful highs, and by getting rid of herms you might get rid of a lot of other good stuff.

That’s why I’m thinking it might be better to find the pheno you like first, and then selecting for sexual stability. Just a thought… :thinking:

2 Likes

I won the ICMAG GIveaway, FUCK YEAH!!! :smiley:

4 Likes

I would like to get into the subject. I crossed a male plant with an OG Kush. It turns out that I have already planted at least 30 seeds from this cross, all of which were males. Does it have any connection with this subject you are talking about?

3 Likes

No Sir it does not have any connection.

But that sounds sus.

I explain it one more time:
One Male, u think “I USE THAT FOR BREEDING, BUT I WANNA TEST IT WITH A TOOL FIRST”
We call that tool from now on the SHANTIBABA

Shantibaba is just a tool to test 1 male, no females involved, nothing just 1 plant is in this process
1 plant, alone in the room, this male.

So, Shantibaba is, when u spray down just ur male, to reverse it, and in a few weeks, if that reversed male has seeds in him self, it is not considert a “True male” and should not be used for further breeding projects
(Thats what shanti said, not me - I just wanted to talk and discuss what u guys think about that).
I thought about using this tool, next project.

U just seem unlucky as fuck :smiley:

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve been unlucky but never that unlucky. Karma says your next seed is a female.

3 Likes

You do realise this is not some new phenomenon that shanti invented? Revearsal techniques to test for sexual instability has been around for a long time and shanti was not the first to do it.

2 Likes

Jes sir, but i did not knew about that.
I just said i saw the podcast, he mentioned it. So i wanted to discuss that.

Im thinking about trying that out next project with few males.

1 Like

Hobby Seed Breeding by Shantibaba

The importance of selecting plants for the traits that are useful to the breeder/grower is the main reason genetics have evolved as they have. Male plants of this species need to be carefully selected to avoid a lot of laborious work, which means one will need to do a lot of testing of F1 seed made from a particular male to verify if the sex linked traits are real or not. Males that auto flower irrespective of daylight hours are normally eliminated to insure against hermaphroditism or unwanted male traits. Males that flower too quickly or too tall are also not the best for breeding since they put too much energy into fiber production which is not the trait one is looking for in a medicinal plant. Males that have large hollow main stems are sought out rather than males that are more pith-filled stems …the main reason are that large hollow stemmed males are better THC producers than other plants. Males that produce tight floral clusters rather than airy sparse floral clusters are usually better to breed with. Finally if you rub your fingers against the stem of a developing male and are able to get strong odors or aromas (terpines) you will be advised to use these males as trichrome production and flavor are directly related to plants that produce odors early on. There are several other traits to look for in a male but these are rather advanced and need microscope help which is not really relevant for the hobby grower/breeder.

8 Likes

I understand well now. it’s a tool. and I also understood that I am unlucky! Hahaha

3 Likes

I’ve already lost hope of being female. I planted some male seeds here with the intention of crossing them just to see what happens in other generations.

2 Likes

Herm tendencies imho are mostly the result of human intervention, as the plants natural inclinations is towards dioecy. In a population left to mix to its own devices, the tendency for hermies will reduce. As a trait bred for in certain hemp varieties, it takes constant selection and work to ensure that the entire crop is mono. If landrace varieties have excessive amounts of hermies, then it’s likely the result of human intervention along the line somewhere, either by inadvertent selection, or using too few of the original plants in the original selection.
Open pollination without selection with as many plants as possible will generally result in a reduction of the hermi population. I suspect that hermies have an evolutionary role in increasing the amount of female seed bearing plants in the next generation.

7 Likes

Mexican and Afghan hash production fields are already relatively grown like this. They’re a good example for mendels theory of removal of foreign dna by allowing a line to regrow in its natural area over several generations. I had about a 95% Intersex in the Mexican seeds.

3 Likes

I have no way to prove or disprove that, but I completely disagree. I’ve grown a few landraces and have learned to always expect herms when I do that. Especially one like Nam Kading, which appears completely unimproved.

3 Likes

I’d agree with it. A not-insignificant variety of landraces were cultivated by man specifically for seed(food) and fiber production. Not smoking.

It would depend on the landrace in question :thinking:

4 Likes

I’m a huge white widow fan, it was my first grow, I’ve grown MANY beans or her and know her various types well.

I popped 5 black widow recently along with 150+ other weeds produced by myself and reputable breeders. The 3 survivors are among the worst 5 plants and look pathetic. I should have culled them weeks ago, but I’m curious if they’ll bounce back.

Also, show me the grow logs with great Mr Nice based genetics. I can’t find many…

4 Likes

Sadly many of the best Dutch genetics were lost when the Dutch gov’t went crazy .

2 Likes