Shishkaberry Harvest

Never tried pressing it but it definitely made hash so I’m sure it should be good.

1 Like

I’m growing some 88g13Hp from Barefrog made seeds. Unfortunately a winter and spring torture test of the only male I kept has begun to sprout calyxes and pistils after all these months of being “stable”… dismayed I am.
I saw in the Shishkaberry thread by @Alaskagrown that shishka seeds were sourced from various folks here. I have posted here and in that thread that I am looking for some fresh shiskaberry genetics , cut or seed, to breed into the seeds I have remaining but no one has reached out. I see feminized shishka at a few different sites but I don’t trust them for as far as I could throw them LOL So I quest on.

3 Likes

Awesome, ive pressed scissor hash and it turned out awes

Great story, i think 88g13HP would benefit from a good Shiska male. Ive grown a couple off those and maybe not the best bush but its a Great breeder. A good male with proven offspring across many hybrids is an absolute goldmine! You can cross it to any of your favorite plants and you will always find keepers. Also, IF you find a real gold nugget of mother you can reverse her on poly hybrids. If you got something inbred that you want to give vigor. You can take her to S3 and reverse her to that line. This will bring the offspring(F1) vigor, since both lines will be so inbred and you can search for vigrous version of strain X in F2s.

Sry, im high, ill stop. Pz

3 Likes

I have taken the 2017 shishka seeds I made to F4 but still have some of the 2017 seeds left to work with. They are Shishkaberry 98 x Shishkaberry3F2. There is some reading out there on the internet that explains Shishkaberry 3. It is not the same as the 98 shishka as the mother which was Afghan the Yellow whereas SB3 was made using the afghan the Red. That is if I remember what I read correctly hehehe. Basically the plants need an injection of Blueberry genetics and I’d be right on track to a recreation of what I miss.
maybe… at least that’s what my deep stoner thoughts tell me. haha!
here’s some shishka F3 in 2019

11 Likes

That definitely looks the part yellow and red lines 2 totally different plants.

3 Likes

Wow such beauties for F3s. Did you try to line breed yellow/red, select or open to get these results? Hmm… Something berry tasting sativa S3 might do the trick? Youll probably find what you seek in F2s of those. After F3 you only get lock on traits, not huge improvements :frowning: Sometimes you have to get creative to find the genes you after. Ive always thought of red/amber/yellow/green as one spectrum and green/pink/purple/blue/black as another. And a strain is usually on one of those. This is for more inbred stuff, polyhybrids are usually wild and all over the place. Like their genes. Its interesting that Shiska got a blue parent. It makes me Wonder of the other side of the cross…

1 Like

Any 45 day pheno’s?

1 Like

98 Shiskaberry had variations in coloration as well but in this case, 2 males where used and pollen mixed for the F3 to open up the pool of selection going forward.
The flower shot in the OP’s pic is classic Shishkaberry bud with the big chunky crown bud below the cola. I long for the Shiskaberry cuts I used to hold but lost them in 05 trusting the wrong person to look after them. Have been on a quest to find the favorite pheno ever since I started growing again in 2015

2 Likes

not yet but then again, back in the day all the keeper phenos we held were all 52 to 56 day plants at 10% amber trichs. The seeds I have are similar though I have yet to go thru larger numbers of those F3’s to really see. I did a quick and dirty F4 with a couple plants I liked but the result have been awesome plants that cure up great for hash but the bud gets this real acrid rancid sock kinda cure LOL like I say… The F3 needs to have an injection of new blueberry genes to even out the rancid sock haha

2 Likes

Sry to hear that!!! Yeah i had 2 mothers i miss everyday. One Super Lemon Haze who was mindblowing. 3m long, thai sativa 1 leaflets, totally caked bud at 15-16 weeks. Piney incense. Most awesome high. And a Bruce Banner that where red and black with large red tricome beads on the buds. The beads didnt really make you high(tried to DAB them) but they tasted amazing when smoked. Super berry and sweet. Ooohhh some plant you just miss alot! Ive only smoked Shiska one time and it was a less potent Blueberry but with more stone then the Blueberry if you get what i mean. Would you describe your plants in a similar fashion?

2 Likes