Should these clones go into some soil now

Took these clones last weekend. Do they look ready for potting?

Thanks,

SkyDog

5 Likes

I have no experience with clones but i say let them go a little longer. . . Lets see what the experts say

2 Likes

roots are popping out then put them in the soil lol

5 Likes

Damn I’ll get the next one :wink:

2 Likes

Those are some great looking roots for a week old cutting, it likely could have been potted days ago too. Are you just messing with us? Grats on roots either way!

2 Likes

Awesome! Did you use gels or anything? I used mx clone gel to get a clone outa 5.5 week flower cycle plant (personal best). Almost took 3 weeks to root but got her! Plus lady owns mx is super nice. Oh ya n I’d plant em. They def can push into a new block/soil etc.

I went back and checked. These cuttings are 9 days old not 7. I really thought I was going to lose them all at first. they were bend over to the ground after 48-72 hours but i put them in a homemade humidity dome and they came back to life.

I used clonex on them. Mine were e few days into flower and already showing some tiny buds. Cut at a 45 with razor blade just below a trimmed off node. Split the stalk at the 45. Covered the bottom 3/4 inch with clonex and stuck in the rockwool.

3 Likes

Yeah, a humidity dome of some sort is pretty essential.

I am totally willing to try this on a couple of test clones to see if they root better. Those are not bad roots for the time given.

I will also let some be exposed to a lower humidity right at the start to see if that encourages root growth. I have not tried either of those things and I am now curious.

I can foresee a block of 20 clones, 5 split and dried, 5 just dried, 5 just split. and 5 control.

1 Like

Brief follow up. Took me about 12 hours before I got around to putting these in cups of coco and this is the mount of root growth. Not bad. Hopefully these will take root and become big beautiful women!

EDIT: Forgot pic

Sky

2 Likes