Show us your ROCKS!:)

some plant prints…

:pick:

8 Likes

that´s a strange find for sure!! is it a real,ancient stone??
at the first scroll i was like: Worms?? lol
the prints looks kinda modern,very uniform, like this…
grafik
that does not look naturally,imho …so maybe could it be a nowaday´s concret-like stuff ?

4 Likes

That’s pretty cool Billynoshoes. I’ve never seen one of those, had to google it. Didn’t even know what it was.

Where did you pick that up? Do you know what the composition of the stone is? Place of origin?

Nice Stickyjones! Is the round one a limb cast?
The small piece is?..aquamarine? Most curious about the one on the far right.

1 Like

Hi Saxo! Thanks for joining us:)

Some nice specimens you have there.

The top pic is beautiful. May I ask what it is and origin if you collected it? Agate of some kind?

Those plant fossils are amazing. Don’t think I’ve ever found anything like that…just petrified wood. Which around the area I reside…is plentiful.

2 Likes

Err shall we say a friend found it, in the grounds of Powys Castle, which was battered a few times in the 12th and 13th Centuries.
I’m not sure what type of stone it is, it’s not a sedimentary type though, it’s rock hard as they say.

1 Like

I see what ya mean but i found it in the middle of nowhere in a several thousand acre state forest so i dont think somebody wouldve made it and then carried it way out there for some random person to find it lol, you never know though

3 Likes

Im not too sure what any of them are, i found the one on the right in the hudson highlands… Im no expert on stones and rocks, have always just been fascinated by them and have collected them since i was a kid… i was thinking the round one was a vertebrae of some sort, heres a side view

7 Likes

Thanks !!! yea,i think its Agate. not sure,where it comes from…i got it for 30-35 yrs.

1 Like

here´s one i found at the coast/beach in Thagazout,Morocco in ´96…

and these are finds from an old coalmining spoil pile…

4 Likes

Those are some nice finds for sure. I especially like the forth from the top. Pretty sure it’s a leaf of some sort…but looks like feathers.

Here’s one of my favorites and one of the first terminated pieces I found that really got me geeking out on crystals.

I have piles of the little ones. They’re from a place up in WA state. They make great pocket rocks to gift out:)

3 Likes

Dang. It sucks that the full zoom function doesnt work any more. I would love to take a closer look at all those fossils posted above!

2 Likes