ROCKS! Any like rocks or gems?

Is there anyone on OG interested in gemstones or certain rocks as collectors and show prices?

The amethyst came from le Manche lead and silver mine in Newfoundland. The very shiny metal looking rock is galena, which is 90% lead and 2% silver. The final yellow looking crystal is citroline.

30 Likes

23 Likes

I lick rocks too :yum:

7 Likes

I found this while collecting goat and cow :poop: was hoping it’s a rough diamond but more than likely it’s just regular quartz crystal. What do you think?

2 Likes

Very cool topic. Really like seeing all the cool collections

2 Likes

Edit sorry for any doubles. Cut of fossilized wood. Pyrite cubes, 2 found by me. Stromatalite sphere. Black smoky quartz found by me. Gem bone dinosaur fossilized bone. Script stone. Pyrite cluster. Dessert roses. Geode with ellenaburg blue on the inner. Carmelion. Pet wood. Malachite. Most likely a ballast stone for a ship. Agate. 66.6 lbs.

11 Likes

Oh yeah this is better than hash pics :heart_eyes:
Keep em coming
I deal with diamonds and gemstones quite often, I import them mainly from sri lanka
I’ll dm you later on !

4 Likes

Me? Lol I collect rocks and minerals this is just what I have pictures of. I also go to a few local Mines. And am always rockhounding. Currently looking for a specimen piece of watermelon tourmaline.

4 Likes

That megaladon tooth is amazing!

2 Likes

Thanks bud! I love that thing it’s huge. Size of my palm

2 Likes

il_340x270.4641480930_8xg7 02495690016043455646952 images (2)
Newfoundland amethyst can be easily told apart from amethyst anywhere else in the world.
Considered Royal Purple Amethyst

13 Likes

Not much for gemstone in my immediate area, maaaybe garnet and jasper , much more jasper from what I see, though what there seems to be an excess of is, petrified/fossilized wood hundreds of lbs have been collected through the years, just 2 bits in arms range here

This one reminds me of the grain in a nice fish fillet

6 Likes

Jasper isn’t found much around here. I would trade a small chunk of amethyst for some jasper @Cannasseur

Certainly down to trade, we can work something out over dm @Xianpreservation83

I collect rocks… but only the valuable kind hehe
This tote of rocks held a mighty surprise :wink: About 30K worth

11 Likes

Some very fine gold specimens there!

1 Like

This specimen sold on auction for just over 7k

11 Likes

Yass! Very much. Will share pics later.

I’m a big rock fan. 🪨 There is a ton of quartz, mica and rumor has it garnet in my area. I haven’t been hunting yet, but you can find fairy stones in the park here.

1 Like

The last one is fossilized dinosaur poop

11 Likes